No announcement yet.

Quarter-Finals, Lithuania vs. Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a bad feeling we gonna loose this one...But nevertheles im proud of my national team this year.After last years disaster in euro-champ we chance our team to young and hungry team.Before championship i wasnt sure we gonna make 1/4 game...but now i dont know what to expext from this team.If we gonna play like today we dont have a chance againts Argentina...but if we gonna fight till the end like against spain i believe in our guys...everything can happen...
    But agree with mostly of comments argentina is favourite...

Comment

Rooting for Argentina would love to see another showdown with the United States, but this game can easily go either way.
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Gotta support Argentina.

I Just want a world champion from the americas.

Comment

Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
          Gotta support Argentina.

I Just want a world champion from the americas.
          so you think USA have no chance?
          Country music, whiskey and OK

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
            Argentina's defense against Brazil was terrible. Unless they improve that a lot vs. Lithuania i'm afraid this game will end sooner than people would imagine...
            Not so sure about this. The problem (and advantage at the same time) is that Lithuania's offense is unpredictable (except Kleiza). Lithuania has way longer bench and more options, but Argentina has consistency with Scola and Delfino. On other hand, I agree with Lithuanian expert - Kvedaravičius - who thinks that Argentina is more predictable team and so it's easier to prepare. I think the game plan is already known - to stop the best player of the tournament (and his friend) and to run the fast brakes while old fellas will get tired at the 4th quarter. If Lithuania will keep uptempo game with decent rotation (8-10 players), we have good chances. But, if Argentina involves Lithuania to clumsy midcourt game - we have problems.

Having in mind teams performance in 1/8, I think Argentina is favorite here, but Lithuania can do it. I believe
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Lithuania will win this.

Comment

Lithuania so far 6 from 6 while Argentina have only lost 1 from their past 6 and that was Serbia.

I think that Lithuiania will win it by 10 points
                I am not so popular with threads except for the NBA

Comment

bookies saying 3 point win Argentina. So all you saying 20 or 10 for one or other team - good chance to profit

Comment

I don't get why such little faith in Lithuania. Argentina is going to have a very hard time playing that kind of D again.

Comment

Originally posted by LTbotd View Post
                      Stop Scola?

Not sure even if this would help...

i think Argentina will win.. %70/%30

Comment

Voted for Argentina because they are the stronger team, but again - so was Spain and we still won.

This lith team is not impressive but so far they are still winning so I am hoping for a surprise here too.

Comment

realistically argentina is going to win by 13+. scola is jsut to hard to defend his post mvoes are up there with mchale. the liths just dont have enough experience to stop a vet like scola. kleiza perhaps might defend scola but kleiza is too soft for scola. kleiza is more of an offensive threat thn defensive stopper. scola on the other hand can get inside your skin and really play mind games with you

do i want the liths to win. idealistically yes, because it would be an easier tam to play instead of argentina for usa. argentina always gives usa problems, and i have to give respect argentina because argentina will play straight up man vs usa and arent scared to do so, that's big props to them
                          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I like our chances, and i like that we are not the favorites to win it. We wont against spain (about 1.15 to 6), vs france it was equal (1.8 vs 1.9). But we won both quite impressive both. Now vs Argentina we are just 2.25 vs 1.65.
                            So i think man dont be such underestimated like vs china, and will be motivated more than 100% (vs china we were about 70% and was enough).

Scola is just one player, and yesterday he was superb. Also had very good help from Delfino and Jasen (game of the tournament). Also Argentina hit 11/18 threes! They won the games vs Germany, Australija, Brasilia just at the end of the game (by 2, 4 and 2 points respectively), and lost to young serbia by 2 (scola had 32).

In this game crutial moment will be rebounding, and Defend other players from Scola and ofcourse him as much as possible. (Penney scored us 37, but we won by 13, so one player cant win a match, scola can score 30 again, but we need not to let to have a lot of free space, block assists to free team-players after double-defence). Jankunas and Javtokas had perfect defence on Jianlian, and they must make a life as hard as possible for scola to score.

Our advantage is speed, longer and more equal bench, and team faith to win!
                            Argentina advantages - superb leader scola, experience.

So finally will I believe in my team!

Comment

This is obviously hardest game for us yet but for some reason I dont see the Argentinian team as strong as previous tournaments.

In saying that, they are still favourites yet I preferred to play them over Brazil as I think they are more unpredictable. I believe we have a chance against them and this will be the game of the tournament

Comment

Lietuva, with not even 1% chance for Argentina.

Lietuva is a clear favorite even if they leave completely free Scola and Oberto.

They should just keep pressure on Prigioni meanwhile preventing passes for Delfino and Jasen and especialy keeping them out from open shots.

Those two (Scola & Oberto) will not win the game at their own..., not against Lietuva!
                                MI LAHKO !

andw77 wrote:

"I really look forward to see Slovenia in Katowice on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If that is the case, I'll try to wear something green Kto nie skacze, nie Słoweniec, hej hej hej "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information