Quarter-Finals, Lithuania vs. Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvblair
    Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
    Hmmmm. I'm not so sure you're correct. Kleiza is 6'8" and 245 pounds while Scola is 6'9" and 245 pounds. You'd have to test them in the weight room and on the track to find out which is stronger and which is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
      I agree. Kleiza and Scola are two of the biggest superstars at the tournament this year, but that doesn't mean they should guard each other. Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
      Scola and Oberto will guard Javtokas and Kleiza, otherwise one of them will have to stop a backcourt player like Jonas Mačiulis or Simas Jasaitis... Other option is Lithuania playing with Jankūnas and Javtokas in the frontcourt and Kleiza (maybe guarded by Delfino, in this case) as SF.

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
      I saw González play against Chile right before the tournament. He has always been overweight, but he looked really bad against Chile. I don't think he will play against Lithuania.
      Yes!!! He continues fat and even more slower... But he is large and big
      https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

While the topic is fresh on my mind, why are we losing this poll? I mean, we could at least be winning this poll, boys.
        Lithuania > Serbia 5:2 in official games this century

Comment

Originally posted by Blackway View Post
          While the topic is fresh on my mind, why are we losing this poll? I mean, we could at least be winning this poll, boys.
          here's too many realistic Lithuanians. Sometimes it's good to be optimist.
          I'm on twitter

Comment

Kleiza has short hands, he wouldn't be able to cover Scolas shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
              I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas would be ideal but Argentina also has Oberto and González...
              I think Javtokas is a wrong option against Scola - he have to defend against Oberto, Scola is just too fast and too skilled for Javtokas (Javtokas would be perfect against Spliter). Remember 2003EC - put Jankunas/Klimavicius/Maciulis on Scola and keep them rotating and defending on the edge of a foul.

Comment

To win against Argentina we have to do 2 things (no not to stop Scola and Delfino - Brazilians didn't stop them and almost win remember? ) - we have to control rebounds and play very fast, run like a hell. Every rebound must become a fast break. If we will do these things we have a good chances to win, if Argentina will make us to play their position game we are doomed.

Comment

Scola would toy with Javtokas as he is two times faster, specially now when Javtokas is even slower because of his injury. Kleiza, Klimavičius and even Mačiulis could take shot. Jankūnas is too slow and not athletic enough at least to try (BTW, I expected more from Jankūnas in this torunament. I know Kleiza is playing in his position, but the guy is playing like veteran and forgot to play in low post completely).
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

if we play like we did against spain or france - we win, if we play like we did against lebanon or china - we lose. it is as simple as that.
                    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

Seriously, I think Mačiulis is the closest thing we have to the Scola-stopper. His lack of height will cost us a lot, but his tenacious style of defence should do us some good. Kleiza could easily guard opposing SFs, but guarding Scola would require too much from of our best offensive weapon.
                      I just hope that the refs would allow some physical contacts in this game...

Comment

Originally posted by kecal View Post
                        Seriously, I think Mačiulis is the closest thing we have to the Scola-stopper. His lack of height will cost us a lot, but his tenacious style of defence should do us some good. Kleiza could easily guard opposing SFs, but guarding Scola would require too much from of our best offensive weapon.
                        I just hope that the refs would allow some physical contacts in this game...
                        That's where Songaila would be useful Mačiulis could take a shot (and I think he will at least for some time), but I doubt it would work out. Scola is too big for him too fight under the boards and his lack of height would mean some quick releases from distance (Scola is such a good jump shooter! No wonder Kemzūra is compering him with K. Malone). Mačiulis could handle with Scola's mobility and quickness though.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

aren't Maciulis and Kleiza both SF's (kleiza + PF as well)? Why would Sf's are considered to play against PF/Center?

Comment

just to make my point of view...
                            For me,that is all i dreamed about.1/4 ....I never asked for more...I thought that we might be here with 3/2 or 2/3 in the group and a lucky draw afterwards...I read one comment after group games in lrytas -" no matter what happens afterwards,i will come to the airport and "nulenksiu savo zila galva"".
                            Strong stuff.
                            There should be many haters or lamers/trolls deleting their posts as well from our nt team thread.
                            Regarding the game- we can win if -
                            we know that scola and delphino will score,and priggione will pass a ball to them...
                            but if we have more than kleiza scoring,we can win...
                            And we have like 8 another players waiting to have a good game -4 or five of them actually having a good game would mean a victory....Against china we had only 2 players - kleiza and gecevicius,with kalnietis adding few...how about maciulis?or jankunas?or jasaitis waiting for his game...?
                            anyway ,i hope kemzura knows something about delfino,this is our big advantage too no one talks about
                            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              That's where Songaila would be useful
                              Why is Darius Songaila not playing this year anyway? And how about Šarūnas Jasikevičius?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                                Why is Darius Songaila not playing this year anyway? And how about Šarūnas Jasikevičius?

you deserve mercy killing with posts like that..
                                hmm...i changed my mind -how about slow blunt knife death...
                                yeahh.
                                thats more likely for your ignorance
                                And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information