Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think we need a streetball-guide to euro cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think we need a streetball-guide to euro cities?

hi guys,

i didn't know where to put this, so i decided travel forum might be the best.

here's the deal; i'm traveling a lot and eventhough i'm on a trip i usually like to go and play basketball. the thing is that especially in smaller cities like mine it's hard to find places where people would come and play on regular basis.

i spent a couple of weeks in barcelona during this summer. i was lucky to find playgrounds where people would come and play every day. but not every city has the population and sport facilities of barcelona. so my idea was we could set up a thread where people could post streetball locations and events of their own town. this would make playing basketball when traveling much easier.

so i thought we could discuss the idea; i'm sure this could be a cool project if enough people from different countries participate.

Streetball in London

Brighton Beach is where its at for the English Street-Ballers.

Recently, Ben Gordon visited this event.

Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

In tel Aviv, the basketball courts at that "sportake" in the Yarkon park.

I guess there are more people there at the evenings and at holidays

And if you look carefully at the picture then you can see not just the closer courts but also those which are farer.
      My Youtube channel

Comment

Streetball in Paris, France

Paris, Quai

I think they are planning to make this an annual event.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
          In tel Aviv, the basketball courts at that "sportake" in the Yarkon park.

I guess there are more people there at the evenings and at holidays

And if you look carefully at the picture then you can see not just the closer courts but also those which are farer.
          Sportek is better than anything we have in Germany. Many courts, rims have actually nets that are not ripped down and stolen, there are soccer fields, tennis courts etc. You can play there at day and night. I love it!
          burnstein

Comment

I'm a bit out of streetball scene, due to my wonderfull concrete-loving knees
            but from my experiences in Ljubljana I prefered the courts in tivoli, ježica and of course partizan in trnovo...

@iznogod, it'd be great if you'd write down your experiences from different courts&countries, from my limited experience from this area the quality differs a lot. great thread btw.
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Paris, Quai

I think they are planning to make this an annual event.
              thanks for sharing man
              www.nigeriabasketball.blogspot.com
              www.nigeriabasket.blogspot.com
              www.nigerianbasket.blogspot.com

Comment

Amersterdam’s Ceintuurbaan Basketball Court

I have always wanted to see Amsterdam.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Actually, "Quai 54" is an annual event. It has existed for a few years now.

Usually, players like Amara Sy(L'Amiral), Yakhouba Diawara come to play, along with a few other pro ballers.
                  It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo View Post

Usually, players like Amara Sy(L'Amiral), Yakhouba Diawara come to play, along with a few other pro ballers.
                    Damelo you're still around, good to know
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by damelo View Post

Yo Damelo! Nice to see back here again How's your progress on becoming a full time professional bball coach going?

All the best bro!
                      A bientot

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                        Yo Damelo! Nice to see back here again How's your progress on becoming a full time professional bball coach going?

All the best bro!
                        A bientot
                        Haha, yes, i'm still alive, but been travelling and very active. Yet, not approached a basketball court for past 3 monthes.

I'm becoming an international manager now...

Not so much time to speak, not so many games seen in the past monthes.

Back to subject, I know i saw some lists of basketball playgrounds in some official sites of the French federation.
                        It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Japan will be sending a team to the Quai 54 International Streetball Tournament 2011. The team is coached by current Tokyo Apache Assistant Coach Natalie Nakase.

Players are:

John "Helicopter" Humphrey
                          Masashi Joho
                          Satoshi Takeda
                          Sylvester Morgan
                          Hirotaka Sato

The team is named Rising Suns 2011
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                          X