• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tolga View Post
    One off-topic question for the ex-Yugoslavia people:

Do you miss Yugoslavia?

---

???
    http://www.talkorigins.org/
    Do you remember balkan wars, i guess not... but ye i guess croatians do miss Yugoslavia as do Bosni

Comment

Originally posted by Rycka View Post
      Do you remember balkan wars, i guess not... but ye i guess croatians do miss Yugoslavia as do Bosni

lol
      ----KO VAS JEBO GODINAMA JEBACE VAS OPET----

Comment

Mike, St.Louis: Hedo, we know that you are Turkish native but you are also speak same language that Vlade and Peja are speaking. As i know, Turkish and Serbian doesn't have anything in common. Can you explain that?

Hedo Turkoglu: I'm born in Turkey but my parents are from Yugoslavia. They moved to Turkey when they were young. When I was young they spoke Yugoslavian, so I learned from them.

Yugoslavian is actually Serbian/Croatian. He is indeed from Serbia (Novi Pazar city)

Mirsad Turkcan also moved from Serbia to Turkey, his real name is Mirsad Jahovic, his sister is a famous singer in Serbia she almost represented Serbia at the Eurosong contest this year (runner up).

Not sure about Onan...
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

The big difference is that Yugos were the same people, speaking the same language(i mean language not dialect) and they were one country not through colonization.Only difference was religion.
          No comparison to the exploiting relation of Spanyards with their colonies.
          Also i doubt that Russians are the same people with Lithuanians, even though i would be more than happy to see them again reunited( i am not sure if both of them want to).
          Greeks and Turks of course are not the same people.
          In ex-USSR only Russians and Lithuanians would provide quality players to NT.
          In ex-Yug almost every part was an important basketball community.
          http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
          https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
          https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
          https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

Originally posted by Tolga View Post
            One off-topic question for the ex-Yugoslavia people:

Do you miss Yugoslavia?

---

???
            http://www.talkorigins.org/
            Fastebrak answered your question instead of me. He was faster :P
            1 coach, 2 days, 3 fingers, 4 quarters, 5 players, 6 one hundreds of a second and 7th of May!
            ♥ PARIS BERCI - PARTIZAN MERCI ♥

11/9/2010 & 07/10/2011
            DAYS WHEN WE ALL REALIZED THAT A TEAM CANT WIN THE REFS...

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
              The big difference is that Yugos were the same people, speaking the same language(i mean language not dialect) and they were one country not through colonization.Only difference was religion.
              No comparison to the exploiting relation of Spanyards with their colonies.
              Also i doubt that Russians are the same people with Lithuanians, even though i would be more than happy to see them again reunited( i am not sure if both of them want to).
              Greeks and Turks of course are not the same people.
              In ex-USSR only Russians and Lithuanians would provide quality players to NT.
              In ex-Yug almost every part was an important basketball community.
              --- We speak different language, we have different religion, we are Balts, they are slavic ( atleast 1/2 of their country ). ---
              Last edited by rikhardur; 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
                This is simply wrong. Yugoslavia 3 languages Serbian/Croatian, Slovenian and Macedonian. There is a huge difference between Slovenian and Serbian for example. I don't understand Slovenian

The cultural differences are bigger than you think.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

Originally posted by Marko- View Post
                  Does it hurts you that you biggest star isn't ethnic clean turk?
                  Our biggest star is still Hedo
                  + Ilyasova is an Ozbek, which is a Turk

Even if he was from Panama, he's playing under our flag and for our country, and that's what matters... But we don't have to get into that, because he's a Turk.. :-)

+ We're cruising right now baby, I have no reason to be hurt at all, LMAO

You just worry about your very overrated team getting pounded versus Spain
                  THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by Marko- View Post
                    Fastebrak answered your question instead of me. He was faster :P
                    I doubt even a word in that link means anything to you. I suppose you belong to 1930s.

Comment

Originally posted by Rycka View Post
                      --- We speak different language, we have different religion, we are Balts, they are slavic ( atleast 1/2 of their country ). ---
                      Come on man, please, wtf is with your attitude?
                      He didn't said anything bad to your people, he was talking about basketball team, I mean it is well known what Lithuanian people, and all Baltic people, think of Russians, but come on you overacted pretty bad.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9k7o...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
                        Our biggest star is still Hedo
                        + Ilyasova is an Ozbek, which is a Turk

Even if he was from Panama, he's playing under our flag and for our country, and that's what matters... But we don't have to get into that, because he's a Turk.. :-)

+ We're cruising right now baby, I have no reason to be hurt at all, LMAO

You just worry about your very overrated team getting pounded versus Spain
                        Well, don't get them wrong, nobody here said that Hedo is not first of all a Turk, at least he fill that way, and we like Hedo here, so I mean don't get all hostile.

About our "overrated team", well we wiped a flour two time in a row with yours over hyped team one month ago in Istanbul, and I think that we will do it again if we met in the SF.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9k7o...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowHawk View Post
                          Come on man, please, wtf is with your attitude?
                          He didn't said anything bad to your people, he was talking about basketball team, I mean it is well known what Lithuanian people, and all Baltic people, think of Russians, but come on you overacted pretty bad.
                          There's nothing wrong with my attitude, i have a lot russian friends, but if some of them told me that we should be reunited they wouldn't be fast enough to pick their tooths from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbreak View Post
                            http://www.nba.com/kings/chat/hedo_chat_041102.html

Mike, St.Louis: Hedo, we know that you are Turkish native but you are also speak same language that Vlade and Peja are speaking. As i know, Turkish and Serbian doesn't have anything in common. Can you explain that?

Hedo Turkoglu: I'm born in Turkey but my parents are from Yugoslavia. They moved to Turkey when they were young. When I was young they spoke Yugoslavian, so I learned from them.

Yugoslavian is actually Serbian/Croatian. He is indeed from Serbia (Novi Pazar city)

Mirsad Turkcan also moved from Serbia to Turkey, his real name is Mirsad Jahovic, his sister is a famous singer in Serbia she almost represented Serbia at the Eurosong contest this year (runner up).

Not sure about Onan...
                            I heard somehting about Kakiuzis & serbia. Maybe his parents are from serbia
                            BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowHawk View Post
                              Well, don't get them wrong, nobody here said that Hedo is not first of all a Turk, at least he fill that way, and we like Hedo here, so I mean don't get all hostile.

About our "overrated team", well we wiped a flour two time in a row with yours over hyped team one month ago in Istanbul, and I think that we will do it again if we met in the SF.
                              Why does giving a solid answer back have to be being hostile around here?
                              I was using smileys and shit, I was just telling it in a nice manner..

And that's just an exhibition game, says nothing to me.. We lost like four of our eight prep games... I'd like to see y'all do it this tournament

EDIT: We even lost 6 of 10... Exhibition games say very little..
                              THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                                I heard somehting about Kakiuzis & serbia. Maybe his parents are from serbia
                                heard nothing related to that about him. Maybe someone else got some info regarding that matter.
                                1 coach, 2 days, 3 fingers, 4 quarters, 5 players, 6 one hundreds of a second and 7th of May!
                                ♥ PARIS BERCI - PARTIZAN MERCI ♥

11/9/2010 & 07/10/2011
                                DAYS WHEN WE ALL REALIZED THAT A TEAM CANT WIN THE REFS...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information