No announcement yet.

Spain NT 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of their frontcourt are perimeter-oriented players. They could play Claver at PF even who can shoot threes.

Again, Spain is strong at nearly every position. They will be hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
      Most of their frontcourt are perimeter-oriented players. They could play Claver at PF even who can shoot threes.
      All of those five can shoot at least decently from mid-range. But they are not perimeter-oriented players. Even Reyes, who is pretty small to play the PF/C position, doesn't base his game on jumpshots.
      Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

BTW Reyes is the worst big man at shooting jumpshots in the Spain roster...

I'd say Fran Vazquez and Serge Ibaka can make some jumpshots but Pau Gasol is still their best perimeter big man.

That's considering Claver a SF (with that depth in the front-court positions, there won't be easy minutes there for Victor)...

Comment

Garbajosa leaves the NT. Let's say he leaves the team before not being selected...
          FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
          EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Wow, with this team, one can ask himself how will they lose a single game? These guys are the best...

Comment

We were also the best by far in 2007 and 2009 and all remember what happened. In 2009 we were 4 minutes away of being eliminated in the first round by Great Britain, without Deng or Gordon to make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                Partial article posted below as I cut the post playoff things.

-ESPN
                I'm looking forward to the Olympics, http://www.olympic.org/basketball-basketball-men Here's a video of the semifinal, it's practically about Gasol. He's awesome!

Comment

- Mumbrú leaves too the NT.
                  - Vázquez seems renounces to the NT (curiously, these last years he only went when Pau Gasol didn't... )

And Scariolo will give a list of 15 or 16 players, depending on Serge Ibaka (link).
                  FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
                    - Mumbrú leaves too the NT.
                    - Vázquez seems renounces to the NT (curiously, these last years he only went when Pau Gasol didn't... )

And Scariolo will give a list of 15 or 16 players, depending on Serge Ibaka (link).
                    How will be our big mans?
                    Pf Ibaka/Felipe,Claver
                    c Pau, Marc?
                    I don't like some guys here like claver or felipe
                    BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Vasquez said he has a knee injury so Scariolo didn't call him...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieWalker View Post
                        Vasquez said he has a knee injury so Scariolo didn't call him...
                        Yeah... I'm also injured and that's why Scariolo can't call me...
                        FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
                          Yeah... I'm also injured and that's why Scariolo can't call me...
                          And i don't go to the national team because i renounce to go
                          BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Hey, Fran... Why don't you talk about your alleged injure?
                            FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

From FIBA - Vazquez pulls out for Spain.

BARCELONA (EuroBasket 2011) - Spain center Fran Vazquez has decided not to play for the country this summer when the national team tries to defend its EuroBasket title.

The Barcelona big man, who just helped his club side capture the ACB title, competed for Spain last year at the FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

He has contacted Spain coach Sergio Scariolo and informed him of his desire to take the summer off.

"I have asked the national team coach not to include me in the team," Vazquez said in a statement.

"I think the best thing for me is to not play the EuroBasket and rest this summer so as to face next season with all guarantees."

Vazquez is the third player from last year’s team who will not play.

Veterans Jorge Garbajosa and Alex Mumbru just announced their retirement from the national side last week.

Spain will have Pau Gasol back in the squad as they take aim at the London Olympics.

They will be in Group A with Turkey, EuroBasket hosts Lithuania, Great Britain, Poland and a team that comes through the Additional Qualifying Round – Portugal, Finland or Hungary.

The sides that reach the Final of the EuroBasket will book places in the London Games while the teams that come third, fourth, fifth and six will play in the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

FIBA
                              Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

THE SCARIOLO'S LIST

Guards:
                                Calderón
                                Rubio
                                Sada

SGs and SFs:
                                Navarro
                                Llull
                                Fernández
                                San Emeterio
                                Suárez
                                Rafa Martínez
                                Claver

PFs and Cs:
                                Pau Gasol
                                Marc Gasol
                                Reyes
                                Ibaka (if he gets the passport)
                                Xavi Rey (WTF?????????????)
                                FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information