Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico NT 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Waneko View Post
    Let's hope he doesn't quit after a few games to coach Argentina.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings. There were more deserving guys, like Rolando Hurrentinier who was who I wanted, but at the same time, I know Pitino will make them better.

Will they take Ayuso back now? I hope so.
    Are you crazy?, yeah he is a great three pointer, but righ now in his career can't bring any defense at two and too much TO.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

i would love top have ayuso but he would not make a coach p team
    my bets are on arroyo - barea - fili - huertas - mojica - vasallo - lee

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    Are you crazy?, yeah he is a great three pointer, but righ now in his career can't bring any defense at two and too much TO.
    This team needs a great 3-point shooter. The other guys are inconsistent. He was never a great defender but you don't have to be one in the international game, since they play so much zone.

Good coaching will minimize the turnover problem which happens when they, as a team, didn't know what to do with the ball once he had it and didn't have a shot right away. That will change under Pitino.

They are a much better team with him than without him.

I agree with PRSURF, we dont need Larry Ayuso.

Coach Pitino is an NBA-style coach who gets NBA-ready players to play well for one or two years. I think he'll make a great coach for the PR NT.

Personally, I don't like him as a coach in the NCAA, but I think he'll do very, very well for PR.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

MV Blair, What you mean that Coach Pittino do players well for one or two years? also, What make you think he is going to be a good coach for PR?

Personally,I think he will do well for PR. Now, I will like to know your reasons?

PUR – Puerto Rico boss Pitino preaches defense after draw

MAR DEL PLATA (FIBA Americas Championship) - Rick Pitino hasn’t coached a Puerto Rico practice yet after only being named coach of the national team before Christmas.

But the American knows what area of the game he’ll be emphasizing to the players after discovering his team would go up against Argentina, Panama, Uruguay and Paraguay in Group B of the FIBA Americas Championship.

“We’ll have to play good defense,” Pitino said.

"There will be no easy games for us, and the key to our success is our preparation and commitment of our players and coaching staff during the mini-camp before we arrive in Argentina."

"We need to get together and play as a unit during this tournament, playing for the name on the front of our shirts with no individual names on the back.”

Puerto Rico hosted the 2009 FIBA Americas Championship and finished runners-up to Brazil.

Group A consists of Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

A Vaccaro salute

Argentina are staging the FIBA Americas Championship in Mar del Plata August 30 to September 11.

German Vaccaro, the president of the Argentina Basketball Confederation, said at Thursday’s draw: “I would like to highlight the great work done by the nation, province, local government and confederation to be able to host the Pre-Olympic tournament, considering the tough competition from Canada and Brazil.

“We had incredible support. There are a lot of people working for this.

“I want to thank (Argentina) President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner and Governor Daniel Scioli, because without the support this would not have been possible."
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5650/arti.html
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    PUR – Puerto Rico boss Pitino preaches defense after draw

MAR DEL PLATA (FIBA Americas Championship) - Rick Pitino hasn’t coached a Puerto Rico practice yet after only being named coach of the national team before Christmas.

But the American knows what area of the game he’ll be emphasizing to the players after discovering his team would go up against Argentina, Panama, Uruguay and Paraguay in Group B of the FIBA Americas Championship.

“We’ll have to play good defense,” Pitino said.

"There will be no easy games for us, and the key to our success is our preparation and commitment of our players and coaching staff during the mini-camp before we arrive in Argentina."

"We need to get together and play as a unit during this tournament, playing for the name on the front of our shirts with no individual names on the back.”

Puerto Rico hosted the 2009 FIBA Americas Championship and finished runners-up to Brazil.

Group A consists of Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

A Vaccaro salute

Argentina are staging the FIBA Americas Championship in Mar del Plata August 30 to September 11.

German Vaccaro, the president of the Argentina Basketball Confederation, said at Thursday’s draw: “I would like to highlight the great work done by the nation, province, local government and confederation to be able to host the Pre-Olympic tournament, considering the tough competition from Canada and Brazil.

“We had incredible support. There are a lot of people working for this.

“I want to thank (Argentina) President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner and Governor Daniel Scioli, because without the support this would not have been possible."

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5650/arti.html
    Thats what we need to be a better team, I hope Pitino concrete that!

Puerto Rico expect Arroyo to be in Mar del Plata

SAN JUAN (FIBA Americas Championship) - Carlos Arroyo has had a rough season in the NBA.

The Miami Heat released Arroyo midway through the season and he signed for Boston but hasn’t played much.

The Puerto Rico point guard will be eager to suit up for his country this summer when the national team tries to earn a trip to the Olympics, according to the country's basketball federation president Carlos Beltran.

"I met with Carlos on March 6 in Miami, prior to his signing with the Celtics," Beltran said to Primera Hora.

"I had a coffee with him, we talked and he asked for all the information about practice schedules and warm-ups that we have on the agenda.

"When I talked to him, Carlos was excited about the idea of playing at the FIBA Americas Championship and I don't doubt that he will be with us in Argentina."

Puerto Rico will be coached this summer by veteran American coach Rick Pitino.

The two sides that reach the FIBA Americas Championship Final in Mar del Plata will qualify for the London Games.
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...6247/arti.html
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Waneko View Post
    This team needs a great 3-point shooter. The other guys are inconsistent. He was never a great defender but you don't have to be one in the international game, since they play so much zone.

Good coaching will minimize the turnover problem which happens when they, as a team, didn't know what to do with the ball once he had it and didn't have a shot right away. That will change under Pitino.

They are a much better team with him than without him.
    You and K2 are F crazy, for real!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    You and K2 are F crazy, for real!
    Don't be too specific.

Rick Pitino will not coach the Puerto Rican national team
    http://www.cardchronicle.com/2011/4/...-national-team

Default Is anyone surprised?

Well, we all knew that Pitino's agenda was to help out Louisville and when he learned he couldn't scrimmage them with PR national team, he was gone. He quit on his past jobs quickly, but he topped his own record. I even wrote here that it might take a few games before he quit and I was joking.

That said, the NCAA is the best example of legalized mafia in the entire world.

They need to give Rolando Hourruitiner the job like I already said.
    Last edited by Waneko; 04-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Rolando is a good prospect for the team in the future, now, he needs to learn a lot more before been the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cardenales View Post
    Rolando is a good prospect for the team in the future, now, he needs to learn a lot more before been the coach.
    Who do you suggest?

Santurce is struggling at the moment but Rolando has been a winner as a coach, and as a player in the BSN and national team. He know's the importance of defense (he was the best defender of the 2004 olympic team) and he is a good leader.

PUR/ARG – Ex-Argentina boss Hernandez not interested in Puerto Rico job for now

SAN JUAN (FIBA Americas Championship) - Former Argentina coach Sergio Hernandez has told Puerto Rico he may be interested in leading their national team – but not this summer.

Hernandez, who coached the Argentinians from the summer of 2005 to the 2010 FIBA World Championship, left the post at the end of last year when he couldn’t agree terms on a new deal with the federation needing a coach to commit to the cause beyond the 2012 Olympics in London.

Obras Sanitarias coach Julio Lamas, who had led Argentina before, replaced Hernandez at the helm.

Puerto Rico have been looking for a coach since announcing earlier this week that complications due to NCAA rules had prevented Louisville coach Rick Pitino from guiding the team this year.

Hernandez was among their primary targets and would be interested in the Puerto Rico job but not this summer because the FIBA Americas Championship is in Mar del Plata, Argentina, where he coaches club side Penarol.

The agent of Hernandez, Carlos Raffaelli, said to primerahora.com: “(Sergio) thinks it would be an insult and show of disrespect for the Argentinian public (to direct another team in their own country).

“That's why we said no to Carlos Beltran (Puerto Rico Basketball Federation president) to this opportunity.”

The two sides that reach the Final of the FIBA Americas Championship will qualify for the London Olympics.
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...6550/arti.html
    Artificial Nature

I suggest a foreign coach, we need a new philosophy of game in which DEFENSE and a good offensive structure game lead the team. NO MORE GUERRILLA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foreign coaches, I like Dave Odom, seems to be very good, Coach K call Beltran (PR Basketball Federation President) to recommend this gentleman to us. Herbie Brown is also a very good coach. Phil Jackson assistant which I dont remember his name right now, even Alberto Espansandin of Uruguay which already sent his resume and he is very good and do a good job with less, imagine what he can do with the talent we have.

The only thing I dont want now is a puertorican coach. Our coaches are behind in basketball strategy.

That last paragraph was to answer Waneko, also, everybody can write an opinion of what I said.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 05-02-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cardenales View Post
    I suggest a foreign coach, we need a new philosophy of game in which DEFENSE and a good offensive structure game lead the team. NO MORE GUERRILLA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foreign coaches, I like Dave Odom, seems to be very good, Coach K call Beltran (PR Basketball Federation President) to recommend this gentleman to us. Herbie Brown is also a very good coach. Phil Jackson assistant which I dont remember his name right now, even Alberto Espansandin of Uruguay which already sent his resume and he is very good and do a good job with less, imagine what he can do with the talent we have.

The only thing I dont want now is a puertorican coach. Our coaches are behind in basketball strategy.

That last paragraph was to answer Waneko, also, everybody can write an opinion of what I said.
    Herbie Brown, Larry's brother? Or are you thinking of Hubie Brown? Hubie would be a great choice in my opinion. I don't know about Herbie.

They better find somebody, or the guerilla game will be worst than ever.

before Pitino, i heard some rumors about Eric Musselman, or at least that's what carlos Betral; said ones but we all know that guys is medio jablador

venezuela and Puerto rico are fighting to get the services of teh same coach.

venezuelan News papers ahve reposted that Eric Musselman has agree to coach The Venezuelan national team while Puerto Rican New papers are reporting that Musselman is close of agreeing with the Puerto Rican Federation to coach their antional team.

guayyy que lio jejejeje

http://noticiaaldia.com/2011/05/eric...e-puerto-rico/
    ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast