Puerto Rico NT 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
    From Primera Hora: Manolo is a goner. The possible replacements include José Manuel “Moncho” Monsalve, Flor Meléndez, Carlos Morales, Sergio Hernández and Del Harris. Rick Pitino's name is now being mentioned as a possible replacement, too.

Those are all great coaches, but it's tough to top Hernández...

Those are great news!! Hope we get one of those coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by TDW View Post

Those are great news!! Hope we get one of those coaches.
      If you had your choice, who would you want? Pitino is the only coach in history to take 3 teams to the NCAA Final Four and wasn't a terrible coach in the NBA....but Hernandez...Hernandez would be my choice.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

If you had your choice, who would you want? Pitino is the only coach in history to take 3 teams to the NCAA Final Four and wasn't a terrible coach in the NBA....but Hernandez...Hernandez would be my choice.
        Both coaches will be a upgrade. But I don't think they will accept challenge, Pitino have a great contract with the cardinals and "LA OVEJA" just left Argentina in past day, so I don't know.....actually the name of the coach will be known before Christmas day!
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

I don't know them very much but Hernandez would be my choice too. But that is because I haven't heard anybody mention anything from Rolando Hourruitiner, he would be my first choice then.

Comment

Pitino it is...

and IMO he is the right choice.

His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
            Hernandez is too much of a change for PR, Monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching.

Bye bye Manolo...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -k2- View Post
              pitino it is...

And imo he is the right choice.

His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
              Hernandez is too much of a change for pr, monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching.

Bye bye manolo...
              pitino it is:d

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                ...His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
                Hernandez is too much of a change for PR, Monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching...
                Pitino might be able to get the job down quickly and that's what PR needs. They need somebody who can make an immediate impact and Pitino can. He's got a nice, NBA-friendly style.

Reports are that he hasn't accepted.....yet...that usually means he's going to accept soon.
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Almost official... press conference moments away in Miami.

Pitino Interview...
                  Error 404. Lo sentimos, pero la p?gina que busca no se encuentra, algo pudo haber pasado con la direcci?n o simplemente no existe. Intente de nuevo.

English

Puertorrican
                  Error 404. Lo sentimos, pero la p?gina que busca no se encuentra, algo pudo haber pasado con la direcci?n o simplemente no existe. Intente de nuevo.

According to the article he will do it for free
                  sigpic

Comment

Press Conference underway.
                    Rick Pitino is being announced to the media in Miami, along with him, JJ Barea.
                    sigpic

Comment

Let's hope he doesn't quit after a few games to coach Argentina.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings. There were more deserving guys, like Rolando Hurrentinier who was who I wanted, but at the same time, I know Pitino will make them better.

Will they take Ayuso back now? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Waneko View Post
                        Let's hope he doesn't quit after a few games to coach Argentina.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings. There were more deserving guys, like Rolando Hurrentinier who was who I wanted, but at the same time, I know Pitino will make them better.

Will they take Ayuso back now? I hope so.
                        Are you crazy?, yeah he is a great three pointer, but righ now in his career can't bring any defense at two and too much TO.

Comment

i would love top have ayuso but he would not make a coach p team
                          my bets are on arroyo - barea - fili - huertas - mojica - vasallo - lee
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
                            Are you crazy?, yeah he is a great three pointer, but righ now in his career can't bring any defense at two and too much TO.
                            This team needs a great 3-point shooter. The other guys are inconsistent. He was never a great defender but you don't have to be one in the international game, since they play so much zone.

Good coaching will minimize the turnover problem which happens when they, as a team, didn't know what to do with the ball once he had it and didn't have a shot right away. That will change under Pitino.

They are a much better team with him than without him.

Comment

I agree with PRSURF, we dont need Larry Ayuso.

Comment

Coach Pitino is an NBA-style coach who gets NBA-ready players to play well for one or two years. I think he'll make a great coach for the PR NT.

Personally, I don't like him as a coach in the NCAA, but I think he'll do very, very well for PR.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information