Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico NT 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by bobo81 View Post
    I think you guys are still hot headed and not thinking clearly. It was obvious this team was doomed as soon as they came to Turkey. Missing some players is one thing, but not playing Arroyo is suicide for this team.

I think Rolando would be a great choice, and as for changing how the game is played, PR plays fine. Just need the group of players who can make things happen.
    Arroyo should be the backup pg to Barea at the Fiba Americas and Olympics imo.

He was important to this team at the Worlds, but not for the reason most people think.

Anyway it wouldnt have mattered as all know Manolo would have started them both at the pg and sg spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you guys are still hot headed and not thinking clearly. It was obvious this team was doomed as soon as they came to Turkey. Missing some players is one thing, but not playing Arroyo is suicide for this team.
    are you out of your mind !!!!!!!!!!
    not having Arroyo was that best thing that ever happened to PR
    Arroyo just can't play alongside Barea. That would have killed PR's chances right from the beginning. Both players have too big of an ego for them to play in the same team, let alone together on the court.
    Last edited by Lewis; 09-10-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Then don't play them at the same time.

Arroyo still has buckets to offer this team and I think the whole Barea con Arroyo twosome was a reflection of the coach's failure.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Then don't play them at the same time.
    oh, sorry, I didn't see that word at first ,m I thought it said "they"
    Last edited by Lewis; 09-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.

I think the first thing that needs to happen is to get Manolo and the whole coaching staff OUT!!!

Bring an european coach, maybe Moncho Monsalve with an assistant and add Rolando Hourrutinier and another puertorrican young coach as assistants too..

PR NEEDS a foreign coach, because many of the players have too big of an ego and they need discipline on this team.

And then I'll put in

Dennis Clemente, Mike Rosario, Edwin Ubiles, Alex Galindo, Bryan Diaz and Angel Garcia along with "Yao" Lopez to try to make the NT... They are all up-and-coming youngters that are pretty good.

I'll only miss Daniel Santiago due to his IQ and leadership. And also some "miracle" shots by Ayuso.

But they should be left out of the team, We need a transformation... Also Carmelo Lee and maybe even Filiberto and Ricky Sanchez...

What about Joel Jones, is he never going to touch the NT? I remember he was an outstanding slasher.
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    What about Joel Jones, is he never going to touch the NT? I remember he was an outstanding slasher.
    He played for the NT in 2008, but didn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by TDW View Post
    He played for the NT in 2008, but didn't do much.
    Don't do nothing?, he smashed Germany, Croatia and Slovenia in the exhibition games, but the coach didn't use him!
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    Don't do nothing?, he smashed Germany, Croatia and Slovenia in the exhibition games, but the coach didn't use him!
    I never said he didn't do anything........

From Primera Hora: Manolo is a goner. The possible replacements include José Manuel “Moncho” Monsalve, Flor Meléndez, Carlos Morales, Sergio Hernández and Del Harris. Rick Pitino's name is now being mentioned as a possible replacement, too.

Those are all great coaches, but it's tough to top Hernández...
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair View Post
    From Primera Hora: Manolo is a goner. The possible replacements include José Manuel “Moncho” Monsalve, Flor Meléndez, Carlos Morales, Sergio Hernández and Del Harris. Rick Pitino's name is now being mentioned as a possible replacement, too.

Those are all great coaches, but it's tough to top Hernández...

Those are great news!! Hope we get one of those coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by TDW View Post

Those are great news!! Hope we get one of those coaches.
    If you had your choice, who would you want? Pitino is the only coach in history to take 3 teams to the NCAA Final Four and wasn't a terrible coach in the NBA....but Hernandez...Hernandez would be my choice.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

If you had your choice, who would you want? Pitino is the only coach in history to take 3 teams to the NCAA Final Four and wasn't a terrible coach in the NBA....but Hernandez...Hernandez would be my choice.
    Both coaches will be a upgrade. But I don't think they will accept challenge, Pitino have a great contract with the cardinals and "LA OVEJA" just left Argentina in past day, so I don't know.....actually the name of the coach will be known before Christmas day!

I don't know them very much but Hernandez would be my choice too. But that is because I haven't heard anybody mention anything from Rolando Hourruitiner, he would be my first choice then.

Pitino it is...

and IMO he is the right choice.

His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
    Hernandez is too much of a change for PR, Monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching.

Bye bye Manolo...

Quote Originally Posted by -k2- View Post
    pitino it is...

And imo he is the right choice.

His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
    Hernandez is too much of a change for pr, monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching.

Bye bye manolo...
    pitino it is:d

Quote Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    ...His style fits the team but brings a change of attitude.
    Hernandez is too much of a change for PR, Monsalve is more suited to develop a structure that for coaching...
    Pitino might be able to get the job down quickly and that's what PR needs. They need somebody who can make an immediate impact and Pitino can. He's got a nice, NBA-friendly style.

Reports are that he hasn't accepted.....yet...that usually means he's going to accept soon.

Almost official... press conference moments away in Miami.

Pitino Interview...
    http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-pit...to-192952.html

English
    http://www.fibaamericas.com/noticias...p?r=XJVNWOJPLG

Puertorrican
    http://www.elnuevodia.com/lohareconu...de-840611.html

http://www.primerahora.com/rickpitin...on-454948.html

According to the article he will do it for free

Press Conference underway.
    Rick Pitino is being announced to the media in Miami, along with him, JJ Barea.

Let's hope he doesn't quit after a few games to coach Argentina.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings. There were more deserving guys, like Rolando Hurrentinier who was who I wanted, but at the same time, I know Pitino will make them better.

Will they take Ayuso back now? I hope so.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast