Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TDW View Post
    Better than having Manolo as coach, but I rather have Rolando as our coach
    I think that is the long term idea. Get Moncho to vertically rebuild everything and have Rolando as the main assistant coach, which would follow him in the future.

Comment

I dont like Monsalve.

He gives the stars too much play time.
      Originally posted by J-Mart
      the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79 View Post
        I think that is the long term idea. Get Moncho to vertically rebuild everything and have Rolando as the main assistant coach, which would follow him in the future.
        If Moncho gets the coaching position, Leo Arill and Rolando should be the assistant coaches, they are both young and good coaches.

But I still like Rolando better.

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
        I dont like Monsalve.

He gives the stars too much play time.
        I agree, Julio Toro used to do exactly the same thing.

Comment

I think we should try to move away from guerrilla basketball. I think Leo is a good scout, but he should have picked up on the goal average fiasco. It is very hard to dis-associate him from that. I think that he is done with the NT. You need to rebuild completely.

We need to do more pick and roll and defend more the pick and roll. We need to absorb some dimensions of the game that we do not currently have.

I think that Moncho as head coach with Rolando and perhaps Eddie Casiano could be a good mixture. I think that we need Beltran to put some balls into it. His success with the Volleyball league and system is undeniable. He should do the same for the FBPR. He is a smart and ambitious guy, I think that there is 0% of Manolo staying as the head coach.

Comment

I think you guys are still hot headed and not thinking clearly. It was obvious this team was doomed as soon as they came to Turkey. Missing some players is one thing, but not playing Arroyo is suicide for this team.

I think Rolando would be a great choice, and as for changing how the game is played, PR plays fine. Just need the group of players who can make things happen.
            "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81 View Post
              I think you guys are still hot headed and not thinking clearly. It was obvious this team was doomed as soon as they came to Turkey. Missing some players is one thing, but not playing Arroyo is suicide for this team.

I think Rolando would be a great choice, and as for changing how the game is played, PR plays fine. Just need the group of players who can make things happen.
              Arroyo should be the backup pg to Barea at the Fiba Americas and Olympics imo.

He was important to this team at the Worlds, but not for the reason most people think.

Anyway it wouldnt have mattered as all know Manolo would have started them both at the pg and sg spot.
              Originally posted by J-Mart
              the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
              sigpic

Comment

are you out of your mind !!!!!!!!!!
                not having Arroyo was that best thing that ever happened to PR
                Arroyo just can't play alongside Barea. That would have killed PR's chances right from the beginning. Both players have too big of an ego for them to play in the same team, let alone together on the court.
                Last edited by Lewis; 09-10-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Then don't play them at the same time.

Arroyo still has buckets to offer this team and I think the whole Barea con Arroyo twosome was a reflection of the coach's failure.
                  "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Then don't play them at the same time.
                    oh, sorry, I didn't see that word at first ,m I thought it said "they"
                    Last edited by Lewis; 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think the first thing that needs to happen is to get Manolo and the whole coaching staff OUT!!!

Bring an european coach, maybe Moncho Monsalve with an assistant and add Rolando Hourrutinier and another puertorrican young coach as assistants too..

PR NEEDS a foreign coach, because many of the players have too big of an ego and they need discipline on this team.

And then I'll put in

Dennis Clemente, Mike Rosario, Edwin Ubiles, Alex Galindo, Bryan Diaz and Angel Garcia along with "Yao" Lopez to try to make the NT... They are all up-and-coming youngters that are pretty good.

I'll only miss Daniel Santiago due to his IQ and leadership. And also some "miracle" shots by Ayuso.

But they should be left out of the team, We need a transformation... Also Carmelo Lee and maybe even Filiberto and Ricky Sanchez...

Comment

What about Joel Jones, is he never going to touch the NT? I remember he was an outstanding slasher.
                        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                          What about Joel Jones, is he never going to touch the NT? I remember he was an outstanding slasher.
                          He played for the NT in 2008, but didn't do much.

Comment

Originally posted by TDW View Post
                            He played for the NT in 2008, but didn't do much.
                            Don't do nothing?, he smashed Germany, Croatia and Slovenia in the exhibition games, but the coach didn't use him!
                            Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                            16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                            Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                            8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
                              Don't do nothing?, he smashed Germany, Croatia and Slovenia in the exhibition games, but the coach didn't use him!
                              I never said he didn't do anything........

Comment

From Primera Hora: Manolo is a goner. The possible replacements include José Manuel “Moncho” Monsalve, Flor Meléndez, Carlos Morales, Sergio Hernández and Del Harris. Rick Pitino's name is now being mentioned as a possible replacement, too.

Those are all great coaches, but it's tough to top Hernández...
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information