Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico NT 2011-2012

Default Puerto Rico NT 2011-2012

Coach Manolo "Waterboy" Cintron has resigned. Rumors he did not resign. Word is that his days are numbered.

Renaldo Balkman has posted on his tweeter account that despite issues with the past coaching staff, he will remain with the team in hopes to the Olympic games.
    Last edited by LFGC79; 09-06-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: New info.

Quote Originally Posted by LFGC79 View Post
    Coach Manolo "Waterboy" Cintron has resigned.

Renaldo Balkman has posted on his tweeter account that despite issues with the past coaching staff, he will remain with the team in hopes to the Olympic games.
    Yes!!!

Well even if we finished with a 1-4 record, we proved our level in the questionable losses we had against Turkey and Greece, our players also know know how the games are played at World competitions, and Manolo quit.

We will lose our tenth ranking after this showing, but we will recover it with a probable medal in this new cycle.

We already started with a centrobasket gold, now lets win Fiba Americas next year. The US, Argentina, Brazil, and DR will be our main opponents.

Its time to also integrate some of our prospects in this team. I would change these players

Filiberto- Mike Rosario
    Carmelo- Edwin Ubiles
    Sanchez- Angel Garca
    Guillermo- Jorge Bryann Diaz

Everyone else stays intact.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coach Manolo "Waterboy" Cintron has resigned.

Wait a minute LFGC79 Manolo hasnt resigned

You devil you, got me happy for a minute there.
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hopefully a fresh start for PR, K2 will be happy
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

I may be crazy but I'm a bit excited ( as long as Manolo gets fired)

We have tons of talents to form a competitive team plus we have some good coaches that can help us get rid of our miserable coaching staff. We could always use a foreign coach too.

So if you we get a better coach and form a good team, we have a legitimate chance at qualifying for the 2012 Olympics.

I am really sad of what happened to your team..

I think you gave a gift to china in order to qualify to the second round...
    Your team is really strong but what happened in your4 games????
    what was the main reasons?

young team, bad coaching staff, refs, poise and internal problems

upside is huge...
    Arroyo, Barea, Filiberto
    Vassallo, Huertas
    Balkman, Galindo, Ubiles
    Sanchez, Peavy
    Ramos, JB Diaz

top team in years to come

It was just an unfortunate year and time when all this happen. We can say what could have happened...but it's all past tense now.

First of all dump Manolo. After that I am all for a new regeneration.

...and YES I'd love to see some Mike Rosario on this team.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by bobo81 View Post
    It was just an unfortunate year and time when all this happen. We can say what could have happened...but it's all past tense now.

First of all dump Manolo. After that I am all for a new regeneration.

...and YES I'd love to see some Mike Rosario on this team.
    Mike Rosario is a great prospect for PR, he is 20 years old. He will continue in the NCAA or will became pro?

Why did U-20 FIBA Americas Championship end? I think it is a way to watch the upcoming generation.
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Quote Originally Posted by Luz for 3 View Post
    Mike Rosario is a great prospect for PR, he is 20 years old. He will continue in the NCAA or will became pro?

Why did U-20 FIBA Americas Championship end? I think it is a way to watch the upcoming generation.
    As far as I know, he will play NCAA this year.

TDW, he is going to be a redshirt this year. He leave Rutgers and went to Florida so he wont be able to play this year for the Gators.

Correct. He left Rutgers because the coach left so he didn't want to play for anyone else. I personally hate it when good players transfer cause they got to sit out an entire year, but can't wait to see him in a gator shirt next year.

I wonder what this will do to his chances of playing for PR in the Americas now. Dude might be a little rusty.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Ok, thank you, my NCAA knowledge is limited

I saw JB Diaz play last year and I rather have Sanchez, Peter and Santiago instead.

I hope he is getting better though.

When Manolo gets fired.

I think is better that he is fired rather than he resigning. It is better to humiliate him with firing. if he gets fired I will have a party in my house... for real. A big ass party. I mean it.

Spanish Coach Manuel "Moncho" Monsalve rumored to be a leading candidate. Thoughts?????

When Manolo gets fired.

I think is better that he is fired rather than he resigning. It is better to humiliate him with firing. if he gets fired I will have a party in my house... for real. A big ass party. I mean it.

Spanish Coach Manuel "Moncho" Monsalve rumored to be a leading candidate. Thoughts?????
    Better than having Manolo as coach, but I rather have Rolando as our coach

Quote Originally Posted by TDW View Post
    Better than having Manolo as coach, but I rather have Rolando as our coach
    I think that is the long term idea. Get Moncho to vertically rebuild everything and have Rolando as the main assistant coach, which would follow him in the future.

I dont like Monsalve.

He gives the stars too much play time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that is the long term idea. Get Moncho to vertically rebuild everything and have Rolando as the main assistant coach, which would follow him in the future.
    If Moncho gets the coaching position, Leo Arill and Rolando should be the assistant coaches, they are both young and good coaches.

But I still like Rolando better.

Quote Originally Posted by saalsapr View Post
    I dont like Monsalve.

He gives the stars too much play time.
    I agree, Julio Toro used to do exactly the same thing.

I think we should try to move away from guerrilla basketball. I think Leo is a good scout, but he should have picked up on the goal average fiasco. It is very hard to dis-associate him from that. I think that he is done with the NT. You need to rebuild completely.

We need to do more pick and roll and defend more the pick and roll. We need to absorb some dimensions of the game that we do not currently have.

I think that Moncho as head coach with Rolando and perhaps Eddie Casiano could be a good mixture. I think that we need Beltran to put some balls into it. His success with the Volleyball league and system is undeniable. He should do the same for the FBPR. He is a smart and ambitious guy, I think that there is 0% of Manolo staying as the head coach.

I think you guys are still hot headed and not thinking clearly. It was obvious this team was doomed as soon as they came to Turkey. Missing some players is one thing, but not playing Arroyo is suicide for this team.

I think Rolando would be a great choice, and as for changing how the game is played, PR plays fine. Just need the group of players who can make things happen.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast