75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

41 54.67%
  • Brazil

34 45.33%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Eighth Finals, Argentina vs. Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Justin in AZ View Post
    More cheerleaders in your pictures next time, plz.

DOn't worry - later on in the week there will be a whole section full of cheerleaders!

Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Congrats to both teams!

Best game of the tournament, while Brazil didn't go as far as I initially predicted pre tournament they have nothing to be ashamed of.

Argentina will not die!

Every year we say 'well they're getting older, this will be the year they fall off' and every time someone steps up and shows they will fight.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

If there is one word to describe Scola's style of play that would be "graceful"!
    I think he should be named the tournament's MVP even if they don't make it to the finals (My guess is that they will beat Lithuania and get into the semis).

Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo
    ...bi...?

Hi from Istanbul.

This is how it looked from here:
    (better to see these videos not embedded)

all 32 points

Marcelinho Huertas against Argentina

It's unbelievable how Scola always manages to get open, when everyone knows the ball is coming to him. He already must have earned the MVP by now. And it wasn't just because of the pick and rolls with Prigioni, but also with other guards. I think Brazil actually helped Scola in such situations. But it was Jasen who made Argentina's two biggest shots in this game, both threes when Brazil had taken a 72-66 lead.

Yes alermac, those two treys came soon after two fantastic three balls from Leandrinho. Not only tied the game, but take the brazilian´s biggest moment in the game. My props for Jasen.

Scola is big time player. As I rather international basketball than NBA. Right now, I dont think there is a player better then Luis Scola in the world. He did it against two of the best defenders centers in the world.

My props also for the always underrated Oberto. Along Jasen, he plays in the very thin line between the dirt game and the legal game. He pushed Splitter in every single second of the game, making Splitter job to grab the ball in the paint a lot difficult.

That said, all props to my national. I´m really proud. The best part of the history is that we have a solid base of "young veterans" (Huertas, Barbosa, Varejão, Splitter and maybe Nenê), while there are some really nice prospects coming (Paulão Prestes, Fab de Melo, Lucas Nogueira, Raulzinho, Felipe Vezzaro, Betinho, Durval, Jordan Burger).

Gotta respect who cries our loses:

Last edited by planaria; 09-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Nice win Scola vs. Brazil

Wow!!! What a match last night. I can easily say it's the best match I watched in this tournament so far

The atmosphere in the stadium again was really intense and amazing mostly due to the Argentinian fans on court (I don't have exact figure but at least 500 fans from what I saw). After the match the Argentinian fans were dancing and jumping next to the entrance as we were leaving from the arena.

Brazilian fans were much less but still added a nice touch to the game.

As for the game:

Scola and Huertas!!! OMG !!!
    What a performance by these 2 players for their respective teams. They played like they were possessed
    Scoring from all angles from court, very high efficiency in both shooting percentages as well as very few turnovers.

I was disappointed with Varejao's performance and expected more from him. I also guess that Barbosa could have had a much better performance in the match had it not been for his foul trouble.

OT: On the way back to the hotel I spoke with some Argentinian fans on the bus and they told me that the packages they were paying to watch one 2nd round game of their team and one day of the quarterfinals has cost them 3000 US$ (including hotel and plane ticket). They told me that even though this is expensive it is still a much less amount to pay than if the tournament was in a different country. One guy told me he wanted to watch the Argentinian NT in the World Cup in South Africa but the package for that tournament was 10000 US$

Some pics from yesterday's game:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great great game... probably best game so far.

I thought that Brazil would turn it around for most of the game since Argentine had a rather limited team... I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by alermac View Post
    It's unbelievable how Scola always manages to get open, when everyone knows the ball is coming to him. He already must have earned the MVP by now. And it wasn't just because of the pick and rolls with Prigioni, but also with other guards. I think Brazil actually helped Scola in such situations. But it was Jasen who made Argentina's two biggest shots in this game, both threes when Brazil had taken a 72-66 lead.
    I've never understood why Jasen is not a permanent member of the argentinian NT. And he's been out of the team for a long time.

4 me,this is suprise..ok,not a big one,but it is suprise.
    One man show.
    Respect 4 dr. Scola

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Wow!!! What a match last night. I can easily say it's the best match I watched in this tournament so far

The atmosphere in the stadium again was really intense and amazing mostly due to the Argentinian fans on court (I don't have exact figure but at least 500 fans from what I saw). After the match the Argentinian fans were dancing and jumping next to the entrance as we were leaving from the arena.
    Thanks so much for posting those pictures, Khalid. I appreciate it. I always like seeing what the atmosphere is like.
    Scola and Huertas!!! OMG !!!
    What a performance by these 2 players for their respective teams. They played like they were possessed
    Scoring from all angles from court, very high efficiency in both shooting percentages as well as very few turnovers.
    Like Alermac said, it's hard to argue that anybody else in the tournament is the MVP. Scola is the best right now.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

scola tried to miss the last free shot intentionally but even that one was in

it was a game to remember along with serbia-croatia game. congrats to all players, staff and crowd for the show.

Not as an excuse, but just reporting some facts that shows the carater from players like Varejão and Splitter:

08/09/2010 - 4:59 a.m.
    Brazil reveals that he hid the injury Tiago Splitter in the game against Slovenia
    Murilo Garavello
    Istanbul (Turkey)

Splitter knee injury suffered against Slovenian
    TOP 4 - SEE THE END OF WEDNESDAY OF CONFRONTATIONS
    TORC BY ARGENTINA AND BRAZIL FOR OLYMPICS USA
    Marcelinho Machado LEAVES OPEN FUTURE
    ALEX SEES PROGRESS, SAYS PRAISES Magnano and SEGUE
    Tiago Splitter has not faced Argentina in full game conditions. In the previous duel against Croatia, he played a short time because it was not spared to aggravate an injury suffered against Slovenia. That is missed doctor Carlos Andreoli said Wednesday before boarding a part of the selection to Sao Paulo.

"He felt a pain in the other leg in the match against Slovenia," said Andreoli. Early in the preparation Brazilian Splitter suffered a muscle spasm in the left thigh. Was spared from a series of drills. During the World Cup, we now know, the problem was with the right thigh.

Neither the player nor the coach Ruben Magnano the problem mentioned in interviews that they gave the game from elimination of Slovenia and Brazil. Neither a spokesperson for the Brazilian Basketball Confederation announced the injury. Like all team drills were closed to the press, it was not known, as is now known that the pivot was spared from various portions of practice in Istanbul.

According to Andreoli, Splitter was released to face Argentina and was on the bench at kick-off for "technical option" of Ruben Magnano. In the game that decided the contest in Brazilian life, the pivot, reference to the Brazilian attack remained on the court for just 25 minutes. Was the player most "hunted", suffering eight faults. He scored 10 points and grabbed five rebounds.

Against Slovenia, Splitter had a dominant performance with 19 points in almost 33 minutes played. In the previous game, the pivot Brazilian had played 30 minutes against the USA. In the match against Croatia, Splitter, is now clear, was rather spared: he played only 16 minutes-at least eight minutes less than all the other holders, including Anderson Varejao, who was his second game in the sacrifice "because of the problem ankle.

By analyzing the match against Argentina, the assistant coach of Magnano, Fernando Duro, had betrayed that not everything went well with the pivot Brazil. "Scola had a superlative night. And our pivots, Anderson and James, were with 50% of the conditions, "said the wizard. Varejao's injury, a sprained right foot, was known. The Splitter, no.

Marquinhos, who with Marcelinho, Alex, Nezinho, Murilo and JP Batista travels to Brazil on Wednesday lamented the injury problems in the paint Brazilian. "If we had everyone well, I'm sure we would win this game," he said. "The Nene also had sorely missed."

Splitter and Magnano, like William Barbosa, Marcelinho Huertas, Anderson Varejao and Raulzinho, did not attend the boarding team and could not comment on the injury. The press office of the CBB did not know when and where they travel.

Quote Originally Posted by planaria View Post
    Gotta respect who cries our loses:

Heartbreaking loss indeed.
    Click on the pic to see more photos.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast