FIBA World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA World Cup

I read about this name change to the tournament and I just heard it on TV. What do guys think about the name change?

I like it. Easier to write and a lot catchier. I believe the Lebanese fans were calling this names for years though.
    aim low, score high

Comment

I thought the name was copyrighted or something so I wasn't sure if FIBA could use it. But it was mentioned that Rugby and some other sport uses the same name. Personally, I'm kind of against it as it would be clear sign of emulating FIFA.

Whatever I guess......

Comment

The name is quite easy but I don't think it's good idea, because this is a trademark for football not basketball.
        https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

FIFA doesn't own the term, Rugby and Cricket call their world tournaments World Cup's too.

Still I'm indifferent. Same tournament, same trophy, same history.

btw: any links about the name change?
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Since FIBA and FIFA sounds (actually "reads") pretty similar it can be confusion between basketball and football cups. By the way what the current name? Fiba world championship?

Comment

"World Cup" immediately associates with football so I think it'd be a bad move.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

FIBA World Basket sounds alright to me. There's also World Basket "insert year here" if it sounds too much like FIFA World Cup.

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                btw: any links about the name change?
                Find all the latest NBA news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

The link provides some names but they all use the "World Cup" phrase.
                Last edited by Franz; 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
                  FIBA World Basket sounds alright to me.
                  Definitely. It goes in line with Eurobasket, Afrobasket, Centrobasket, etc.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

FIBA WBC is fine with me.
                    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

why name is changed?
                      t20 cricket world cup 2016 l ipl 2016 matches l watch live football matches

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information