Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Danny Granger: Europeans smell like dead donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfiss View Post
    identity is not something static but it evolves throughout history. I as a greek would probably enjoy more a company consisting of turks, italians, spanish, than one consisting of estonians, finish, swedish, polish, german etc. and that is not on the grounds of personal preferences but to similar way of living and mentality (with it's good and bads).
    well indeed. mediterranean guys are more enthusiastic than germans etc..but i am speaking about societies,countries,historical facts...this is a general view..i am not speaking about our microcosm...as i mentioned before a large minority of muslim countries has many common cultural characteristics with us*

(spaniards,italians,french of the south,greeks)...
    Last edited by buzz; 09-02-2010 at 04:45 PM.

and to put it differently, the differences between greeks and turks are far less than those of greeks and Finnish lets say. with turks we share food music etc. what do we share with finnish? oh yes we are both in the EU.
    i haven't met a finnish yet :P
    but anyway you can see clearly how climate affects people,don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    He did make a mistake though, as he labeled a whole continent base on a tiny sample.
    I made the exact same stereotype after I met you, Ricky-boy.

I'm going to temporarily close this thread. If anybody wants to discuss Europe versus Asia, start a thread in the UN forum. If people want to talk about what Granger's comments mean for basketball, join the conversation when it is re-opened.

Mods, go ahead and re-open this thread after a few hours. Or whenever you want.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Major update: I stopped by the DC Turkish festival (http://www.turkishfestival.org/) today and am pleased to report that the odor of the attendees ranged from neutral to pleasant. Of course this was a non-representative sample of Turks on a cool day, but it was still encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by qiangdade View Post
    So he said that euros don't wear deo right after the game vs brazil?
    Geography 101: Brazil is not in Europe!
    It's obvious, Brazilian players got used to smell when they arrived in Europe

FIBA EURO BASKET will find a way to spin this. Something like, deodorants make non-Euro players play the wrong way or something.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Banned

I got this 24. Paul George is going to be the best wing player in this draft class within 3 years. He's actually a lot more versatile player then Granger was in College and has a real shot at being the second coming of T. Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    indeed...although some stodgy guys would say that the only connection that can see between europe and turks is that turks have killed many europeans
    Much more europeans were killed by theirselves(WW1,WW2 is enough).And Europe has to thank one European(but many of "real" europeans does not count them as europen-country)-Russia for their salvation against trend of Fascism,and another totally non-european country USA(dont tell me but Usa was based on European culture,i know it well.but also US passed Europe by creating its own and later international criterias ) for also their salvation and getting to be Democratic fully modern land.There is not one Europe now,except Democratic Criterias.Only one cultural base unifies Europe is Christianity that for me it is so silly in this century.(i m a non believer,but i respect everybody's belief,just religion must not be criteria for grouping countries...)
    If we turn to Danny,nothing to reply,just very stupid comment and discussing about it serving his stupidity...

and i believe these anti turkish,anti greek,anti serbian,anti american,anti aborigine etc minded people has nothing to do in this forum.Just be Human,of course be proud of your nationality,but dont be fu.in. chauvinist.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimus View Post
    Turkey is nice,modern country..I was suprised when I saw what they build in 10 years...
    anonimus,your general comments are very objective and nice but i felt that your knowledge is weak

Turkish modernization started in 1850's(even can be 1810-20's) and got highly accelerated after 1923.So all u see is not the result of last 10 years.Result of long process.

You got a point here. Actually if it was an asian site forum here we would be arguing that turkey doesnt belong to asia as well. China, india, pakistan is asia. what does Turkey has to do with these countries? :P
    Anatolia has to be accepted as another continent It was conquered by Central Asian Turks,then natives organized under them to create the modern Turks as every country(for example English people Anglosaxons conquered natives(celtics) organized and mixed and now we have English nation.Every nation nearly have quite same history)

By the way,thanks to Danny that we are having some cultural discussion...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345