Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deschain View Post
    so where are they from?

Hey people , You should stop seeing turkey as a whole. Many different things that you are not aware of are going on here. I'm not a patriot or a determined right viewed guy. But it's quite annoying when you see things , things that are told without leaning on to any basis.

You are very sensitive when it comes to your nation. But you begin throwing away words against any other country without thinking.

so if you really want to classify , let me do that for you

turkish football team is not european; on the other hand the basketball team is.
    I don't understand why you're getting upset? Turkey geographically is not in Europe, so Turks aren't Europeans. Or do you think they are?

Comment

Come on let's not turn this into a debate whether Turkey is a European country or not, there's a thread about it in the UN section, search for it.
      Granger just stated an opinion, nothing more, nothing less, nothing wrong with it. He did make a mistake though, as he labeled a whole continent base on a tiny sample.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Eh what? Turkey is Asian country with 1% or less of it being European country (part of Istanbul). You can not change that , its fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
          hahahah!Sino!!D: Now that's a very personal question.
          Unfortunately I had never had the ..pleasure of meeting a dead donkey.A dead mule once yes.
          The worse is a dead male goat.
          And what's your opinion??
          Live donkeys and goats actually don't smell that bad in my opinion. I think horses smell worse than donkeys due to all the sweat. Don't remember dead ones although I've seen them, I didn't go near them cuz of all the flies

I think animals covered in shit smelled the worst, pigs, cows and puppies, but the worst smell award IMO has to go to cocker spaniels... I think they smell better when they got skunked on the face.
          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by xxax View Post
            I don't understand why you're getting upset? Turkey geographically is not in Europe, so Turks aren't Europeans. Or do you think they are?
            well, there's a small part of Turkey that's european soil : Thrace

Let's just say that.. Turkey is divided, there are people who live like they are europeans, and there are people who wants to be europeans, there are people who are not europeans (call them whatever you like).

It's not easy to live like this and be open to any view. Sorry if i sounded offensive , didn't want to do that.

It all comes down to what you want to be here. This is confusing from time to time.

edit: sorry for the reply after the warning.

Comment

I think you should take some geography lessons, cause Turkey is in both Europe and Asia

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
              I just returned from Hamam via the tram...Granger is right. I'm sorry, but the guys in the train stunk like dead donkeys
              Haha, this sentence doesn't make any sense. Oh well, better than the smell of drugs and violence I guess
              THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                Eh what? Turkey is Asian country with 1% or less of it being European country (part of Istanbul). You can not change that , its fact.
                oh,no! Another Turk-eater patriot! Mercy,please!

Comment

Also I wouldn't call Turks European
                  FIBA does. Not only Turks but Israelis too.

BTW, how many dead donkeys per square mile can one expect to find in Istanbul this time of year? And how much does FedEx charge to ship dead donkeys to Indiana? Can you get a bulk rate? Is it cheaper to ship them alive and then wait to let them die in Danny Granger's care?

And do they still call the place Istanbul? Wasn't it called something else like Byzantium just a few years ago? Do they keep changing the name of the place just to confuse me, or is there some hidden rationale?

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                    Well actually it's not true. it's not even true to just state a continent's borders by geographical means. It's the influence, the life style that divides the continents.

secondly; its not 1%, and it's a not part of Istanbul , istanbul is a part of it.

lastly; of the population, i think about 30% live in the places that i mentioned as under the influence of europe.

This is never going to end. there'll always be discussions about this. But you have to open your minds about this first.

on topic : i've never seen a donkey before. let alone a dead one. So if he had seen one then he should have had looked for it.

Comment

Well actually it's not true. it's not even true to just state a continent's borders by geographical means. It's the influence, the life style that divides the continents.
                      Well, not entirely true
                      Izmir is by far the most modern city of the country, and it lies in Asia
                      It mainly is because it isn't flooded by simple minded peasants from the East by the way

But this is a basketball forum, let's stay on track
                      THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Funny thing is that there are more Turks living in Istanbul, geographically Europe, than all Greeks in Greece, or for that matter same thing could be said for a lot of other Europe countries.

But, with no disrespect to Turks, I think that except geographical, because of that little part of land, in both cultural or national matter, Turks could not be really counted like a part of Europe, they way more belong to Asia in almost every way.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9k7o...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowHawk View Post
                          Funny thing is that there are more Turks living in Istanbul, geographically Europe, than all Greeks in Greece, or for that matter same thing could be said for a lot of other Europe countries.

But, with no disrespect to Turks, I think that except geographical, because of that little part of land, in both cultural or national matter, Turks could not be really counted like a part of Europe, they way more belong to Asia in almost every way.
                          that's a simple, bitter part of truth.

This will end. eventually.

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
                          Well, not entirely true
                          Izmir is by far the most modern city of the country, and it lies in Asia
                          i mentioned izmir and it's vicinites in that post. does not lie in europe but most european by far.

this was the last post of me about this off topic

Comment

More like Asia? I'd like to know in which aspects then

If you say something like that, motivate it
                            THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

I see Izmir as a europeancity ,( if i couldn't state myself well enough.)

Comment

I see Izmir as a europeancity ,( if i couldn't state myself well enough.)
                                I was talking to that Slovenian guy
                                He seems to know more about Turkey than I do..

But this is my last off topic post as well... As far as you can stay on topic in this ridiculous thread
                                THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information