Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 405

Thread: 1/2 USA vs GREECE

  1. #1
    Senior Member Phantim3dx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,661

    Default 1/2 USA vs GREECE

    For those in the US, the game will be televised on ESPN/2 6:30 AM EST.

    Tough game indeed, tought game

    *Spain vs Argentina on @ 3:30 am on espn/2

    *I beat the mods in makingt his thread...sweet
    Last edited by Phantim3dx; 08-30-2006 at 12:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantim3dx
    For those in the US, the game will be televised on ESPN/2 6:30 AM EST.

    Tough game indeed, tought game

    *Spain vs Argentina on @ 2:30 am on espn/2
    I think the Spain-Argentina is on at 3:30 EST.

  3. #3
    Senior Member PHILIPeurobasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wloclawek -> Poland
    Posts
    6,521
    Country: Poland

    Default

    9:25 on DSF channel

  4. #4
    Senior Member Phantim3dx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    I think the Spain-Argentina is on at 3:30 EST.

    your right, im here in oklahoma so im getting my cst and est mixed up. thanks for the correction

  5. #5
    Senior Member DanMajerle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    872

    Default

    I expect a lot of hustling from Schortsianidis. German showed today that US has problems against a good zone, but to win the game Greece has to make their shots, which they rarely did in high percentages so far in the tournament.

  6. #6
    Junior Member fariz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Not the best game against Germany.From the beginning i felt that something is not good at the atmosphere.But with bad day of Wade,James and Anthony USA is still favorite.If USA wants to win WC,they have to concentrate at game more.Good Luck USA!

  7. #7
    Senior Member PHILIPeurobasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wloclawek -> Poland
    Posts
    6,521
    Country: Poland

    Default

    I still know that USA will be in final ... so I think that they beat (with some problems) Greece by +10-15 points

  8. #8
    Junior Member fariz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I think when they go to final game,they have to play very very strong defense against Argentina.They showed in the end of 3rd quarter how to play at defense.Argentinian players are better shooters.Bur overall USA is the strongest team.When USA had +10 in semi-final,Grecce will never have chance to catch them.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fariz
    I think when they go to final game,they have to play very very strong defense against Argentina.They showed in the end of 3rd quarter how to play at defense.Argentinian players are better shooters.Bur overall USA is the strongest team.When USA had +10 in semi-final,Grecce will never have chance to catch them.
    ohh...
    so argentina already played their game against the Spain?
    can you tell me the score please?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    382

    Default

    imo , usa will win greece by 3 points , because 3 point of usa is not good due to bad luck , and normally they will get 100+ one match but hellas can only get 70-80 point per game . dont forget hellas is a strong team so usa will win usa by 3 , final socre i guess is 87 , 84
    faith in PAOK 06-07
    PAOK WILL WIN!!!!!!WAIT assoyo JOIN!!!!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    I hope Greece kick their asses. I expect close match.

  12. #12
    Member mirmidonas55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larissa
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Some statistics about Greece:

    In Group games (5-0) Greece averages:
    80.8 points in attack,
    71.6 points in defense,
    24 rebounds,
    17.2 turnovers,
    12.8 steals,
    2.4 blocks,
    11.4 assists


    In knock-out games (2-0) Greece averages:
    84 points in attack,
    60 points in defense,
    32 rebounds,
    5 turnovers,
    9.5 steals,
    2.5 blocks,
    12.5 assists

    We can see a significant improvement in almost every section of Greece's game (except steals).

    The game of our team in general is improving in every game. I think that we have a chance of beating the U.S. if the players have faith on their abilities and if we manage to keep them under 75 points.
    Last edited by mirmidonas55; 08-30-2006 at 02:25 PM.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4

    Default When is the game?

    Can you please tell me which game is first? USA-Greece or Spain-Argentina?
    The fiba site says first is the USA-Greece game some other sites say it is the other way round

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    228

    Default

    I am tired of seeing people expecting and making predictions for greece loosing to this or that team and then go and post about how lucky we were, how we cant score enough points etc etc.

    Yes of course we might loose to USA. They are an awesome team. But please, hold back some of your "predictions" and show a tiny bit of respect.

    EDIT : when we win, i can count much fewer "grats" by the way compared to any other team so far. I hope that is not intentional.

  15. #15
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,418
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    I hope Greece kick their asses. I expect close match.
    If it's a close match, then it's a Greek win!

  16. #16
    Member mirmidonas55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larissa
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I should remind everyone that in the Olympic Games of 2004 in Athens the U.S.A. team had beaten Greece 77-71.

    From this year's squads Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James had played in that game for the Americans, while "Theo", Fotsis, Chatzivrettas, "Lazos", Kakiouzis, Zisis, "Kill Bill" and Dikoudis had played for Greece.

    Full statistics of that game can be found here: http://usabasketball.com/seniormen/2...moly2_box.html
    Last edited by mirmidonas55; 08-30-2006 at 02:54 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Marius123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    I hope Greece kick their asses.
    And one of Spain / Argentina stealing that bronze medal from them as well, right?

    If only Greece were better scorers, they could do extremely well versus the States with their defence ... But now - I don't know, really don't know ...

  18. #18
    Senior Member rchos7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    athens
    Posts
    807

    Default

    the game has a favourite!that's USA but if we manage to keep the rythm slow and the score low we can win!they are not unbeatable!
    big sofo was asked after the game vs france but before the game of USA-Germany if he is ready to deal with the players of USA and said that he wish USA will won germany because he wants to play with them!he is ready as all the players of greek team for the game!
    all the players of greece said that they are happy that they are in semis and that now it's time to enjoy the game!they will not be stressed so i expect a good game from our boys and maybe because of that better stats from outside!
    http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
    Live your life with basketball

    P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!


  19. #19
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,652
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadMann
    imo , usa will win greece by 3 points , because 3 point of usa is not good due to bad luck , and normally they will get 100+ one match but hellas can only get 70-80 point per game . dont forget hellas is a strong team so usa will win usa by 3 , final socre i guess is 87 , 84

    they will beat Greece by 3 ONLY if they have 0.001 seconds you know the Greece factor
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

  20. #20
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,652
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchos7
    the game has a favourite!that's USA but if we manage to keep the rythm slow and the score low we can win!they are not unbeatable!
    big sofo was asked after the game vs france but before the game of USA-Germany if he is ready to deal with the players of USA and said that he wish USA will won germany because he wants to play with them!he is ready as all the players of greek team for the game!
    all the players of greece said that they are happy that they are in semis and that now it's time to enjoy the game!they will not be stressed so i expect a good game from our boys and maybe because of that better stats from outside!


    i am looking forward for this game.I was ecpecting that before the begininng of the tournament.I beleived that these teams would meet each other either on final or in the semi.We are going to see 2 great level games.The USA and Argentina are the favorites.Will see if Spain and Greece will prove what is happening in many big tournaments which not the best wins.I remind you Badalona, Partizan, Limoz (i dont know how it is being written).I cant wait for this matches.I hope Greece will play in the final even if it is difficult but they can
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •