No announcement yet.

Greece and Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all ethnics and nations are bullshit for me. Thats why i admire US..

Secondly, the only originally turks, as ethnically, dont call themselves as turks, they says turkmen, uzbek, uyghur, kazak and kirgiz(krygrysz) *theyre still in middle asia and have mixed much more less than others ( but russian influenced them too much) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_peoples

Thirdly, originally noone in turkey call himself as turk ethnically. People always ask to another "where are you from?" answers: diyarbakir (oo youre kurdish), tunceli(oo youre zaza), eskisehir( youre tatar), artvin( caucasian-georgian- or laz or rum or armenia -my parents came from there; immigrant like from serbian, macedonian(mostly), Dodecanese islands( oniki adalar , mostly rodos and girit), cyrpus, ) and kirgiz, circassian, rumanian, bulgarian and so on...
    Turkey wasnt founded on ethnicity, based on people who lived in anotalia. A new language with different alphabet was created, a common culture and tradition was formed with core education and other stuffs which were same in everywherenobody can claims everyone was same in anatolia in the beginning of the 20th century.. There was just 13m people in the beginning of Turkiye and now 75m.. And still there are many differences in lifestyle of people in different cities..
    4th, the only common thing for most of the society is now religion or fear of religion and god. Thats why almost every time a conservative party can easily be voted by majority. And there was the ridicilous majoritarian democracy so they can do whatever they want.. the others are unimportant.
    (imo) Nationalist party and the other stupids have made stupid turk-racism and thereve been ethnic problems in southeast. (i always wonder why not in north east and it occurs in southeast) now akp sometimes call turkish as an ethnic because they gain profit from this problems.
    Turk is not an ethnic, a nation.. Im from Turkiye, from turk nation. My descent is mixed by Caucasian, Laz and Armenian( devsirme bride). Is it important? Nope Im just living in istanbul and speaks primarily turkish. I easily move on another country and my grandkinds can grow up as a member of different nation just like german turks ( Ozil cannot speak turkish properly, have no intention to return and live in turkey..

In europe or middle east there wont be any union because of this nation or ethnic fanaticism.

Offtopic: its a shame for EU to consider referendum as a wrong and stupid decision. If referendum is stupid for an important decision, then why is there republic or democracy. Governments lie for states, people; not for companies, stupid unions which lies for powerful countries.. I really hate todays policies

From '24Constitution of Turkey
    The name Turk, as a political term, shall be understood to include all citizens of the Turkish Republic, without distinction of, or reference to, race or religion. Every child born in Turkey, or in a foreign land of a Turkish father; any person whose father is a foreigner established in Turkey, who resides in Turkey, and who chooses upon attaining the age of twenty to become a Turkish subject; and any individual who acquires Turkish nationality by naturalization in conformity with the law, is a Turk. Turkish citizenship may be forfeited or lost in certain circumstances specified by law.
    Edit: i didnt read first pages and dont consider Erdogans rubbishs as important. If a day can comes for a united or aggrement between turkey and greece, the only thing i want is returns of people whose ancestors were expelled(in 50s) by stupid racists to their home. Seeing Berberoglu or Kaymakoglu in Greece national team is shame to me. They stayed here after independece war, they called themselves turk like me (according to my experiences with rums who still live here) and some sob came and did shit.. I really hate many of turkish society..
    Last edited by twilost; 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/_twilost_
    !Fenerbahçe! #12 Damir Mrsiç
    !Dallas Mavericks! #41 "The Best European"

Comment

Originally posted by twilost View Post
      Seeing Berberoglu or Kaymakoglu in Greece national team is shame to me. They stayed here after independece war, they called themselves turk like me (according to my experiences with rums who still live here) and some sob came and did shit.. I really hate many of turkish society..

don't wanna bother with the rest of what you said but

(I'd overuse a lol emoticon if there was one as well)

Comment

Originally posted by twilost View Post
        Seeing Berberoglu or Kaymakoglu in Greece national team is shame to me. They stayed here after independece war, they called themselves turk like me (according to my experiences with rums who still live here) and some sob came and did shit.. I really hate many of turkish society..
        Sorry but this is bullshit. Many greeks bare turkish-sounding names (see ex prime minister karamanlis). They were given or picked up centuries ago as family names, but that doesn't mean they ever viewed themselves as turks. perperoglou and kaimakoglou are as greek as diamantidis and papaloukas are and did not come from turkey as turks in the 50s.

on the contrary he is a turk but an ethnic greek. you are talking about those people
        sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade View Post
          Sorry but this is bullshit. Many greeks bare turkish-sounding names (see ex prime minister karamanlis). They were given or picked up centuries ago as family names, but that doesn't mean they ever viewed themselves as turks. perperoglou and kaimakoglou are as greek as diamantidis and papaloukas are and did not come from turkey as turks in the 50s.

on the contrary he is a turk but an ethnic greek. you are talking about those people
          During a game, speaker said ones ancestors of them came from turkey. If not, its okay and not important because its just an example for my thought.
          https://twitter.com/#!/_twilost_
          !Fenerbahçe! #12 Damir Mrsiç
          !Dallas Mavericks! #41 "The Best European"

Comment

By looking at the latest developments, it is safe to say Greek-Turkish tension always sell.
            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information