Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving the 2nd Olympic Slot for Asia Now: yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? I thought the host get automatic qualification... If I am Great Britain, I will exclude basketball from the Olympic Games just to send a message to FIBA

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
      What? I thought the host get automatic qualification... If I am Great Britain, I will exclude basketball from the Olympic Games just to send a message to FIBA

Lol. Just stick to football and rugby?
      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
        Lol. Just stick to football and rugby?
        hehehe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
          Before talking about Olympic, we should eliminate the concept of wild cards in the WC..

Later you can discuss how many teams each continent deserves

Im all for eliminating WC wild cards... they sould do a worldwide qualifier... with the remaining 4 spots... a 12 team tourney with the teams that just missed it instead of just granting invitaions...

Comment

Asia

Asia ought for getting offered a next card. And if australia and NZ have been merged in asia a 3rd area ought for getting provided.
            Cheap Polo Shirts
            Wholesale Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
            Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts Sale

Comment

I dont think Asia should have another spot. Its true about the closing lost of Jordan vs. Australia last year, and China vs. Greece. The rest of the games they played in the tournament, they were not even close to a victory. Lebanon beat Canada, thats good, they also beat France in 2006. Still I dont think Asia should have another spot.

About the Qualifier global tournament for the Olympics, like the one done for Beijin in 2008, the main reason for this is to have more europeans countries at the olympics.

Comment

give some slot to asia since a lot of european nts are playing in WC
                sigpic
                the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                NBA Boxscores
                PBA Updates
                PBA D-Leagues development
                Boxing Latest Buzz
                MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

Originally posted by acklium View Post

Is that your point? I dont see a smilie...must be a joke.

As long as Asian and African teams aren't advancing in WC and Olympic competitions, there will be no more additional slots for them. Root for China and Iran to win the next time they are playing in global competitions!

I from Wisconsin!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post

Is that your point? I dont see a smilie...must be a joke.

As long as Asian and African teams aren't advancing in WC and Olympic competitions, there will be no more additional slots for them. Root for China and Iran to win the next time they are playing in global competitions!
                    my point here is that for the asian nts to be more competetive..
                    they should be playing against the best in world..

someday the asian nts will catch you..
                    sigpic
                    the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                    NBA Boxscores
                    PBA Updates
                    Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

my point here is that for the asian nts to be more competetive..
                      they should be playing against the best in world..

someday the asian nts will catch you..
                      You didnt say that in your initial post.
                      Also, you can play the best in the world...in friendlies/test games. There is no need for landslide victories at the Olympics for European or Latin American teams against the third or fourth best team from Asia. And no Asian team will gain anything from being routed. Asia gets also enough slots for the WC.
                      Simply said: First you beat the other Asian nations, then you can get against the top of the world. Africa could demand otherwise the same thing. I dont see any reason to change the format as it is.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                        You didnt say that in your initial post.
                        Also, you can play the best in the world...in friendlies/test games. There is no need for landslide victories at the Olympics for European or Latin American teams against the third or fourth best team from Asia. And no Asian team will gain anything from being routed. Asia gets also enough slots for the WC.
                        Simply said: First you beat the other Asian nations, then you can get against the top of the world. Africa could demand otherwise the same thing. I dont see any reason to change the format as it is.
                        your logic might be correct but bias..
                        if africa would demand also the same thing then they have to give it..

you must always look at the equilibrium of life.
                        sigpic
                        the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                        NBA Boxscores
                        PBA Updates
                        Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

your logic might be correct but bias..
                          if africa would demand also the same thing then they have to give it..

you must always look at the equilibrium of life.
                          Purely nonsense.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

That's nonsense. Noone stops them from playing as many test matches as they want against european teams, but those tournaments should be played by the best teams, and therefore the current number of slots given to Asia is more than enough at the moment.

Comment

Yes, there should be two.

In addition, it's a good marketing move as well.
                              Hello Lipa: Lipa City's First and Biggest Lifestyle Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FilipinoDad View Post
                                Yes, there should be two.

In addition, it's a good marketing move as well.
                                Venezuela defeated Japan in warm-up game
                                liderendeportes.com

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The DT Musselman said defense need to be corrected and praised ball movement, finishing with 91 against 53 from Japan

Venezuela's national preselection smoothly overcame its similar Japan 91-53 in the first game of the pre-Olympic preparations with preparations to Mar del Plata, Argentina, to be played from August 30 to September 11.

The guard Greivis Vasquez left a good impression on the fans who filled the Miranda Park Arena, with the main expectation of observing the local hero who plays in the NBA with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Vasquez ended the day with 15 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds to lead the Venezuelan attack, against an opponent that showed many technical defects and that at no time put a real opposition in the field.

Venezuela decided the match in the same first quarter with a partial closing of 22-7, which the Nipponese could never recover from.

"The atmosphere was phenomenal. Our effort early in the game set the tone, "said the coach of the squad burgundy, American Eric Musselman, who started on the court David Cubillan, Vasquez, Nestor Colmenares, Windy Graterol and Gregory Echenique.

"Windy was great defensively. Greivis David played very well together, especially at the beginning, "said the strategist.

After 21 consecutive practices, the quintet was able to show the work of that the tricolor national team has been doing. They were good things, but also others in which there is much to correct.

Japan launched two baskets of 37-10 to 27 percent, but took some liberties triples to take a hit of 50 percent (16-8).

"We made many mistakes on defense than we have to clean. We got late at the pick and roll coverage and to defend the weak side, "Musselman acknowledged.

The coach was not very pleased with the offensive execution, but said it was because "we have many days of practice followed and the legs of the players are tired."

What the coach stated "ball movement and dribbling was one of my concerns and we did very well at those aspects of the game. "

Vasquez: it was seven years since the last time I played in Caracas (in the youth categories), said he was "anxious. It was a dream to play in the city where I am from. I felt good in the position two (He is a point guard in the NBA). I will do what the coach wants, I came here to work. "

Venezuela 91

Cubillán 5, 15 and 8 ast Vásquez Colmenares 7, Graterol 2, Echenique 10. 11 Vargas, Sucre 8, Guillent 7, Florida 7, Bravo 5, Bethelmy 4, Lewis 4, Marriaga 3, Rye 3. Coach: Eric Musselman.

Japan 53

Kashiwagi 7, 11 Kawamura, Amino 12, J. 3 Takeuchi, K. Takeuchi 8. Ishizaki 6, Takeda 4, Aono 1, Hirose 1, Sakurai 0, Shonaka 0, Nagayama, Ota 0. DT: Thomas Wisman.

Quaters: 22-7 / 46-19 / 65-34
                                Venezuela defeats Japan for the second imte in a row on their basketball friendly

Caracas, July 30 (Prensa Latina) Venezuela's national basketball surpassed today for a second night Japan in a friendly in preapratrions for the tournament in Mar del Plata in September that will give two tickets for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The "red wined" quintet squad dominated Japan 103-67. Japan in all honesty demanded little to the hosts in the gym Jose Carrillo in Caracas.

ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information