This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Greece and Serbia are great bets ,why Spain is so low?
    I think it more or less reflects the general opinion at IBN as well, doesn't it? Big favorites for the title.

So how do you invest your money?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

500 Serbia 500 Greece

1.75 and especially 2.75 are to low to risk my money,if Spain was around 8 i would bet Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
        Fun idea!! Winner gets to brag in their signature?
        Yeah, depends, if the house loses, sorry don't expect anything else .

I will update the odds after each round, and the current bets will be secured on each deadline. So you can invest more money as you go along. I don't know, it just popped to my mind, any other the ideas are welcome too, this is kind of experimental.

Comment

all in on Lebanon ..... i wanna be a millionaire

Comment

500 on USA on WIN
            300 on Spain on Place
            100 on PR on Show
            100 on USA-Spain Exact
            sigpic

Comment

If you split your money, you ensure that you can't win. People who focus more will beat you.

If this game was repeated 10 times, maybe that would work, but there will just be a single winner and single payout, so even if you have the best expected value, you will never be the best..

Comment

450 USA
                300 Spain
                200 Greece
                50 Argentina
                Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkoMVP View Post
                  If you split your money, you ensure that you can't win. People who focus more will beat you.

If this game was repeated 10 times, maybe that would work, but there will just be a single winner and single payout, so even if you have the best expected value, you will never be the best..
                  You seem to know better than me about probability and stuff, but what if some other team other than the top-4 wins? It's not easy to focus on any of them. Yeah, especially if USA or Spain wins, the results will be disappointing.

If I had time, I'd do the same for each gameday and it would definitely be more fun (same logic with Billy Bounce's system, but with externally determined fixed odds). Anyway, this time we go simple.

Comment

1000 on USA

Every other team are playing for second

Comment

The teams that have a shot on the gold medal besides USA and Spain are

Greece (always there for top 4)
                      Serbia (great team, less chance than Greece imo)
                      Turkey (going to be a nice team, hosting nation too, evenly matched with serbia)

Can't say Argentina because i don't think they'll make it to the finals.Though i would really love them winning the gold.

Brazil is quite likely to choke.

I don't Believe Australia (a relatively-new team with new big players) have twhat it takes to play for high stakes.If thay had played together a few years more they chances would have been better.

So, Spain > USA > Greece > Serbia = Turkey=Argentina?

optimized earnings equatiation should be. like

Spain x a= USA x b = Greece x c..

*but* you should have more than 1000 to win. So. splitting the money equally is not the best option.

betting on USA doesn't seem a nice option, regarding that you'll have to invest more than 600 to exceed 1000 in case of a win. That'll put you on a situation which even if you invest 400 to spain , and if spain wins you'll only get 1100, That's risky because it's a game and anything might occur.You'll end up with 0 if any other team wins.

even if they have the chance. i don't think USA are going to win the gold.

So;

Spain ; 650
                      Greece 200
                      Turkey 75
                      Serbia 75

Comment

Originally posted by Deschain View Post
                        So;

Spain ; 650
                        Greece 200
                        Turkey 75
                        Serbia 75
                        Originally Posted by DarkoMVP View Post
                        "If you split your money, you ensure that you can't win. People who focus more will beat you. "

...namely all those who have bet 1000 to Spain or Greece or anyone who have bet more than 75 to Turkey or Serbia.

It's impossible for you to win.Change your bet

Comment

Everything on Serbia.

No matter how much you spread, in a short while every team will be covered by an all-in bet, which means you have no chances to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                            Originally Posted by DarkoMVP View Post
                            "If you split your money, you ensure that you can't win. People who focus more will beat you. "

...namely all those who have bet 1000 to Spain or Greece or anyone who have bet more than 75 to Turkey or Serbia.

It's impossible for you to win.Change your bet

well my bet is a realistic one. since it's not real money. it's normal to see people betting 1000 on a team. yes if spain win , i'll loose. but just want to see myself winning more than 1000.

you should be penalized if you put all or most of your credits on a single team. current manner simply eliminates people who actually made some calculations on this one.

Comment

USA-500

Greece - 100
                              Spain - 100

Argentina - 30
                              Brazil - 30
                              Lithuania - 30
                              Slovenia - 30
                              Russia - 30
                              Croatia - 30
                              Puerto Rico - 30
                              Australia - 30
                              France - 30
                              Serbia - 30

Comment

Originally posted by Deschain View Post
                                well my bet is a realistic one. since it's not real money. it's normal to see people betting 1000 on a team. yes if spain win , i'll loose. but just want to see myself winning more than 1000.

you should be penalized if you put all or most of your credits on a single team. current manner simply eliminates people who actually made some calculations on this one.
                                In this game, the winner is he (or she) who will gain the bigger amount of "money".You are playing a slightly different game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information