Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Once Again, Team USA Will Not Win Due To Their Arrogance

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostin151 View Post

    Those players dont care s*** about their country only their pockets!


    \
    That's why we just took the olympics

  2. #22
    Senior Member Perseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Well, not knowing the names of the players/coaches means squat to me, they can simply prepare by knowing jersey numbers - it's far easier.
    imagine Sofo with Spanoulis jersey(priceless)

  3. #23
    Senior Member KWSN-Men's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    I´m pretty sure that they have heard of the Human Turnover Machine. Maybe not by name, but still...

  4. #24
    Senior Member sseppel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Madrid / Málaga on holidays :P
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Do you really think so? So it's better not having any idea of who are you playing against than misspelling a tongue twister like... kri... krzy... well, US coach!

    Besides, those mistakes are commited by spanish media, and they have probably gone to the same source to copy the name. I am confident that spanish players have a pretty good knowledge of their rivals. Especially knowing Scariolo as I know him.

  5. #25
    Senior Member dxjayrock2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
    Posts
    3,072
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
    http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/bar...us-in-trouble/


    Can you name players at the World Championship among those that are not in the NBA?

    Rose: Navarro. The one who used to play for the Raptors… Oh, Rubio! He’s playing here… I don’t know anybody else.

    Curry: I’m not familiar with many names… I watch international games from time to time but I couldn’t name anybody. We respect everybody that we play, but I couldn’t name anybody.

    Odom: A lot of people! Garbajosa used to play…

    Boeheim: Navarro, Rubio… A lot of the Spanish players. I know the whole team of Argentina except for a couple of guys… Greece doesn’t have any NBA player… I know their names a little bit. Greece is probably one of the best teams in the world and they don’t have any NBA player. They are the only team that beat us in the last three years. The kid Papaloukas was really good. He’s a great player. He was the one who beat us, they wouldn’t have beat us without him.

    Can you name any coach?

    Rose: Oh no… Don’t know coaches, just players (laughs).

    Curry: No.

    Lamar Odom: No.

    Boeheim: I’m not that familiar with coaches. I’m not as far as their names. I know Spain has a new coach, the ones who are coaching China and Greece…

    Who won the last two championships in USA 2002 and Japan 2006?

    Rose: Spain won the last one… And Greece in 2002?

    Curry: Let me see… We just read this… 2006 it was… Who was it? (Asks Eric Gordon, who says Spain). Spain won the last one? Then who won 2002? (Asks Derrick Rose, who says Argentina) Argentina?

    Odom: Spain in Japan and I don’t remember 2002.

    Boeheim: Spain won the last one, and the one before that I think it was Argentina.

    Do you have any idea if Darko Milicic is playing?

    Rose: Oh I don’t know… Hey, Love! Is Darko playing? (Kevin Love: I don’t think so… No, he’s not).

    Curry: I don’t think he is. Is he?

    Odom: I don’t really know… If I had to choose, I’d say he’s playing. Is he?

    Boeheim: Darko? No, he’s not playing with Serbia.


    Go ahead Team USA! If you failed to win a medal, stick your heads into the sand. Lol.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock


    Road To Rio 2016.

    Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What International fans need to realize is that European/International basketball is not promoted in the US, at all. Kids grow up watching the NBA and only the NBA on TV. The only international competition that is promoted in the states is the Olympics. Guys like Rose, Westbrook etc fall into this category. Its like me going up to a Spanish teenager and asking him who the top 10 players and coaches in the MLS (Major League Soccer(football) are. I bet u he would have no idea because frankly American soccer isn't watched by people outside the states. Its the same for basketball with us. Its not arrogance, they just don't know because they never watched it growing up.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Fedfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdizzle View Post
    What International fans need to realize is that European/International basketball is not promoted in the US, at all. Kids grow up watching the NBA and only the NBA on TV. The only international competition that is promoted in the states is the Olympics. Guys like Rose, Westbrook etc fall into this category. Its like me going up to a Spanish teenager and asking him who the top 10 players and coaches in the MLS (Major League Soccer(football) are. I bet u he would have no idea because frankly American soccer isn't watched by people outside the states. Its the same for basketball with us. Its not arrogance, they just don't know because they never watched it growing up.
    I get your point but fans and Spanish teenagers have nothing to do with professionals who's job is to know the opponent teams and play against them.Though I don't think knowing the actual names is so important anyway and certainly won't affect their chances.It's just typical melodramatic bs from the OP.

    I know 2 at least.Donovan,Beckham and add to that soon enough Henry. so 2 in 10 is not that bad for somene who has no idea.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
    imagine sofo with spanoulis jersey(priceless)
    :d:d:d:d:d

  9. #29
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    OK. This guy interviewed four people associated with Team USA: Stephen Curry, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, and Jim Boeheim. None of those four people seemed very smart in the interviews.

    But what was left out of the interviews? Did he talk to Billups? Were there other questions? Did he talk with Mike Krzyzewski or Jay Triano? Did he talk with Kevin Durant or Rudy Gay?

    But yeah, I guess this proves that Team USA is full of arrogant sons-of-#$%es.

    I mean, seriously, this team has been nothing but humble. They are graceful with the media and respectful to their opponents.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

  10. #30
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,661
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvblair View Post
    OK. This guy interviewed four people associated with Team USA: Stephen Curry, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, and Jim Boeheim. None of those four people seemed very smart in the interviews.

    But what was left out of the interviews? Did he talk to Billups? Were there other questions? Did he talk with Mike Krzyzewski or Jay Triano? Did he talk with Kevin Durant or Rudy Gay?

    But yeah, I guess this proves that Team USA is full of arrogant sons-of-#$%es.

    I mean, seriously, this team has been nothing but humble. They are graceful with the media and respectful to their opponents.
    agree with you
    especially this team after watching and hearing their comments have plenty of humble people
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

  11. #31
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    Some things Team USA members have said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Billups

    ...We know that the Greek team is one of the best in the world. We’ve got great respect for what they’ve been able to accomplish, along with Spain and a couple of these other teams. They’re the best and we look forward to competing against them....

    ...We have great respect for their team [Greece]. Obviously they beat us before. That makes you respect them. We know that they’re one of the best teams in Europe, in the world, really. We look forward to the challenge...

    ... It’s [Greece] beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I want to bring my family here for a vacation. It’s beautiful....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Durant

    ...I mean that [victory over Spain] uplifted our confidence a little bit but you never know what will happen, especially in these games. Once you get the gold medal round in the tournament, one loss and you go home, and so you always have a breakdown of a game or lose a game, you can’t determine on that game that day your chances of winning the whole thing. We are just trying to take it a day at a time and get better...

    ...The teams here … every guy on their team can shoot the basketball...

    ...The Greece National Team [in 2006] played very, very well. They have a lot of talent. It’s going to be tough to beat those guys. I think we do have that in the back of our mind that they beat us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Gay

    ...I like to read up on stuff so I kind of read up on it [the Acropolis] beforehand. It’s just great to be a part of history. I came and I saw. That’s one of those things I’ve always wanted to see.

    ... This whole thing is a process for us from the beginning we learned from China and France. We came over here and took what we learned from them and applied it to our game in Spain. Spain was a tough game for us. We came up with the win, but now we use that to play against Greece....
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Granger

    ...Greece has a good team, they’ve always played good basketball....
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Igoudala

    ...It was a good experience to see history [at the Acropolis] like that. All of the guys enjoyed it. I wasn’t supposed to but I took lots of good pictures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Love

    ...They’re [Greece] going to be right there at the end with us...So we’re going to come out very serious and very focused on the task at hand...

    ...Spain was very, very cool, seeing the different sights. But seeing the Acropolis, seeing all the different things that they had to show there, that was something special last night....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Odom

    ...They [Greece] play hard, play well together. They pass the ball a great deal. They’re a great team....
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Westbrook

    ...Yeah, I knew it [the game against Spain] was going to be a good game, especially on their home court. I knew it was going to be a real competitive game, kind of like how it’s going to be here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kryzyzewski

    ...This is the fourth time I’ve been to Greece. I love the country and many of the coaches in the last 20 years who have visited Duke have been Greek coaches. We’ve developed strong friendships. It will be an honor to play here tomorrow night and we’re hoping that we can play well.

    ...The World Championship, if we were fortunate to win it, that would be an amazing thing....

    [Talking about Greek players he would want on his team] Diamantidis to me is a very unusual player in that he plays great defense. His ability to pass, I love his passing ability. I love Spanoulis’ competitiveness. I think that he is one of the most competitive players in the world. The way we play, I think Schortsanitis would be great for our time, he’d give us some size on the inside. Bourousis, I really like him a lot because not many big guys are so friendly with the ball. I like their team because the Greeks have always played with great heart and great spirit. I love that about your country and the players from your country.
    What a bunch of assholes.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Well, the truth is the Greek commentators were saying very nice things about all the team and especially coach K. I honestly saw no sign of arrogance tonight, just some exceptional professionals trying their best.

    You know, sometimes people forget that most of US players are just kids and should be judged as such. Kudos to all of them (and to all the Greek chairs for not slipping around )

  13. #33
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
    http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/bar...us-in-trouble/


    Can you name players at the World Championship among those that are not in the NBA?

    Rose: Navarro. The one who used to play for the Raptors… Oh, Rubio! He’s playing here… I don’t know anybody else.

    Curry: I’m not familiar with many names… I watch international games from time to time but I couldn’t name anybody. We respect everybody that we play, but I couldn’t name anybody.

    Odom: A lot of people! Garbajosa used to play…

    Boeheim: Navarro, Rubio… A lot of the Spanish players. I know the whole team of Argentina except for a couple of guys… Greece doesn’t have any NBA player… I know their names a little bit. Greece is probably one of the best teams in the world and they don’t have any NBA player. They are the only team that beat us in the last three years. The kid Papaloukas was really good. He’s a great player. He was the one who beat us, they wouldn’t have beat us without him.

    Can you name any coach?

    Rose: Oh no… Don’t know coaches, just players (laughs).

    Curry: No.

    Lamar Odom: No.

    Boeheim: I’m not that familiar with coaches. I’m not as far as their names. I know Spain has a new coach, the ones who are coaching China and Greece…

    Who won the last two championships in USA 2002 and Japan 2006?

    Rose: Spain won the last one… And Greece in 2002?

    Curry: Let me see… We just read this… 2006 it was… Who was it? (Asks Eric Gordon, who says Spain). Spain won the last one? Then who won 2002? (Asks Derrick Rose, who says Argentina) Argentina?

    Odom: Spain in Japan and I don’t remember 2002.

    Boeheim: Spain won the last one, and the one before that I think it was Argentina.

    Do you have any idea if Darko Milicic is playing?

    Rose: Oh I don’t know… Hey, Love! Is Darko playing? (Kevin Love: I don’t think so… No, he’s not).

    Curry: I don’t think he is. Is he?

    Odom: I don’t really know… If I had to choose, I’d say he’s playing. Is he?

    Boeheim: Darko? No, he’s not playing with Serbia.
    LMAO!!

    USA!
    USA!
    USA!

    You euros sound like midwesterners here in the U.S. "notice me, please notice me," "Ya'll think you're better then us" and so on. What do you all care who these players know? They'll get to know the ballers when they play them (for many this is the first time) on the international scene. That or wait till they're good enough for the NBA.

    Besides, Americans can't know about the rest of the world (which I believe doesn't truly exist) because we are too consumed with ourselves. (and for that matter I can't tell you how many Americans don't even know how many states there are). Hell, our last president couldn't name leaders from around the world and thought Africa was a country, so you expect these players to know international ballers?

    Whatever, USA! USA! USA!

    Gold baby.

  14. #34
    Senior Member KWSN-Men's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    LMAO!!

    USA!
    USA!
    USA!

    You euros sound like midwesterners here in the U.S. "notice me, please notice me," "Ya'll think you're better then us" and so on. What do you all care who these players know? They'll get to know the ballers when they play them (for many this is the first time) on the international scene. That or wait till they're good enough for the NBA.

    Besides, Americans can't know about the rest of the world (which I believe doesn't truly exist) because we are too consumed with ourselves. (and for that matter I can't tell you how many Americans don't even know how many states there are). Hell, our last president couldn't name leaders from around the world and thought Africa was a country, so you expect these players to know international ballers?

    Whatever, USA! USA! USA!

    Gold baby.
    BTW, us "euros" are not related with the topic starter, who is a 40 year old fanboy of Spanoulis living in (guess what!), USA.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    BTW, us "euros" are not related with the topic starter, who is a 40 year old fanboy of Spanoulis living in (guess what!), USA.
    Don't worry, we do not think that Plus, I think a lot of Americans have roots in Europe haha.

    And really? How can you not support your own country???
    I mean, in the FIFA World Cup I support Mexico because that is where my blood is from, but I support the USA because that is my country.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    620
    Country: Tenerife

    Default

    is team usa traveling on the way to world championships?
    By pete thamel

    madrid – team usa coaches spent a lot of time during the team’s 86-85 victory over spain on sunday night disagreeing with the officials. And the source of much of the coaching staff’s angst portends something to watch for at the world championships, which begin saturday in turkey, when the united states opens against croatia in istanbul.

    Against spain, referees whistled the americans for four traveling violations on sunday, most of which probably wouldn’t have been called by united states referees.

    Assistant coach jim boeheim’s technical foul in the first half wasn’t directly related to a traveling call, but he and the other team usa coaches acted in exaggerated disbelief at a few of them.

    After kevin durant was called for traveling with just over six minutes remaining in the game, coach mike krzyzewski was irate with the officials and called a timeout seemingly to continue his protest. (surely, somewhere, an atlantic coast conference official or two smiled.)

    “it’s such a split-second decision,” krzyzewski said of the traveling calls. “and they’re anxious. We have to adjust to it, especially in the full-court. Early in the game it took away three or four full-court opportunities. We should expect that.”

    the tension over the calls comes with some history between the united states and spain. Someone threw a towel onto the floor in protest of a non-call of a traveling violation late in the gold medal game between the united states and spain in the beijing olympics. And in the united states’ game against lithuania on saturday night, fans were riding the officials over what they perceived as violations that weren’t called. At one point in the that game, spanish fans in attendance started a derisive cheer at the american team for traveling, even though spain wasn’t even playing in the game.

    The disagreement stems from when an american player gets the ball and begins to dribble. The perception among some international fans is that american players are picking up their pivot foot before dribbling.

    Against spain, the referees agreed with the crowd a few times, but the calls seemed odd to those accustomed to watching american college or pro basketball.

    “most of our travels aren’t travels,” said tony ronzone, the director of international player personnel for usa basketball. “we’re so quick, they think it’s a travel. The referees eyes aren’t adjusted to our quickness. A lot of people don’t understand that.”

    the calls clearly flustered the united states coaches, who reacted by shaking their heads and waving their arms toward the referees, which is the international language for disagreeing with a call.

    Whether the referees aren’t used to the americans or the americans aren’t used to being called for traveling can be debated for eternity. But it’s clear this looms as an issue for the united states team in this tournament because players can’t re-learn how to start dribbling.

    And as the team travels to athens for another friendly on wednesday, it seems certain that if the calls stay tight, the tensions will stay high.
    rotflmao :d

  17. #37
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    BTW, us "euros" are not related with the topic starter, who is a 40 year old fanboy of Spanoulis living in (guess what!), USA.
    Must be in the British section of the U.S. I guess.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Federoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,445
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Hoopshype show their true ugly face.An NBA site run by Spaniards?Worse than that russian chick-spy.American fans should boycott them.
    Yeah, I've been on their before. It's painfully bias. They're always trolling about the NBA and its players.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Federoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,445
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    You euros sound like midwesterners here in the U.S. "notice me, please notice me," "Ya'll think you're better then us" and so on.
    LOL...why does it have to be midwesterners? Us little people in Detroit don't need attention from Cali, NYC, or the Dirty Dirty. We make enough noise on our own.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    LOL...why does it have to be midwesterners? Us little people in Detroit don't need attention from Cali, NYC, or the Dirty Dirty. We make enough noise on our own.
    Ok, Detroit doesn't count.

    And yes, Detroit gets a lot of attention, unfortunately it all seem negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •