No announcement yet.

Andrea Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were 25 points, 4 assists, 4 turnovers for Big Bargnani in a 6 point victory over Washington last night. He shot 8-9 FGs and 4-5 3-pointers.

BArgnani Leads 9-man Toronto Team - by HOWARD FENDRICH, AP, January 8, 2009

WASHINGTON (AP)—Andrea Bargnani offered a simple secret for his success against the Washington Wizards, an explanation that applied to his Toronto teammates, too.

“I never shot with a defender on me,” Bargnani said...
    Shooting with a defender on him
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Not surprisingly, Toronto skunked Memphis tonight by 19 points. Bargnani had 21 points (8-14 FG, 3-4 3-pointers), 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 4 fouls in 36 minutes.

Bargnani has played 6 games since O'Neal went out, and he is averaging 22 points in those games.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

New career-high 31 points, adding 10 rebounds as the Raptors lose to the Bulls. He's on fire!
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          New career-high 31 points, adding 10 rebounds as the Raptors lose to the Bulls. He's on fire!
          That's wonderful! I'm glad Bargnani is playing so well these days.

Toronto will have a tough decision to make when Jermaine O'Neal comes back from injury. Will they start O'Neal, the "historically better" veteran who is having a tough year, or the hot new kid? Usually, coaches will continue starting the veteran, and I'm sure Triano will do the same, even though Bargnani is averaging 22 points per game.

Comment

Plain and simple, Andrea Bargnani Has Arrived.

Andrea Bargnani Has Arrived - January 12, 2009, by Trevor Smith
            When the adjective “potential” is used in relation to professional athletes, it has a number of interesting, and conflicting, connotations. It is at once both a blessing and a curse. On the surface, it suggests merely that the player might become great, but beneath its surface, the term implies something more subjective about how that greatness may never be reached.

At times, the label provides the player a safety net to make mistakes in the name of growing their talent in a safe, controlled environment. Yet paradoxically, it also creates extreme pressure. Being assessed as a potential future standout infinitely increases others expectations. Should those great expectations not be met soon, all the potential is the world will not save them from the wrath of scorn sports writers and casual fans...
            Under Sam Mitchell, Bargnani made an abundance of mistakes. Due to his tough-love attitude to coaching and the pressure he had to win immediately, Mitchell never allowed Bargnani to play through those mistakes. Recently, Triano has allowed that to happen (even if it is only a result of their depleted depth) and the results speak for themselves...
            Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
            You are a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
              That's wonderful! I'm glad Bargnani is playing so well these days.

Toronto will have a tough decision to make when Jermaine O'Neal comes back from injury. Will they start O'Neal, the "historically better" veteran who is having a tough year, or the hot new kid? Usually, coaches will continue starting the veteran, and I'm sure Triano will do the same, even though Bargnani is averaging 22 points per game.
              Bargnani has truly transformed since the end of December. It's like God has granted him his wish for the new year from now . For the last 10 games he has been shooting 3's like they're free throws (At least scoring two 3's in all those 10 games). He is also an excellent free throw shooter. Bargnani also has gained more confidence in himself and has tremendously helped take some load of Chris Bosh. He's a smart player, is an accurate shooter who has a high percentage due to his shot selection and has developed some nice moves under the basket as well (I fortunately got to watch his career game against the Bulls on the re-run that NBA TV was showing )

Comment

Toronto will have a tough decision to make when Jermaine O'Neal comes back from injury. Will they start O'Neal, the "historically better" veteran who is having a tough year, or the hot new kid?
                O'Neal said he'd be "fine" taking a role off the bench.

Comment

O'Neal said he'd be "fine" taking a role off the bench.
                  And that's exactly what happened last night.

O'Neal scored 11 points and 10 rebounds off the bench in 22 minutes. Bargnani scored 24 points and 7 rebounds in 32 minutes as a starter.

Comment

In January, Bargnani averaged 11 points and 3 rebounds with 39 percent three-pointers and 94 percent free throws
                    *In February, Bargnani averaged 14 points, 3 rebounds with 50 percent field goal, 48 percent three-pointers and 82 percent free throw

Swirsky closed with this:

"For what it's worth I am from Seattle and loved Roy's game at UW..but in this case having seen Bargnani day after day and the job he did for the Raps helping them tie a franchise record 47 games was a key factor."
                    Last edited by rikhardur; 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: posts merged: short time between consecutive posts

Comment

Bargnani had 18 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 blocks in a bad loss to New York tonight. New York won by 30 points. Gallanari contributed 10 points, 5 rebounds to the Knicks.

Comment

The Rooster had 26 points (10-15), 5 rebounds, and 3 assists in a win against Memphis last night.

Bosh, Bargnani Lead Raptors Past Grizzlies - February 25, 2009, AP Sports

...Foye said Bosh and Bargnani are a tough tandem to defend.

“It’s like pick your poison with them,” Foye said. “Probably out of all the bigs in the league, those two might be the top two to guard because they both can shoot the ball and put it on the floor.”...

Comment

The Raptors lost, but Bargnani scored 21 points and 6 rebounds in 35 minutes. He fouled out.

Comment

This young man continues his scoring binge. He had 25 points (9-14 FG, 5-6 3s), 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks in a ten point loss to Houston last night. He did a good job of pulling Yao Ming outside so that Yao couldn't give defensive help.

Comment

Another good game for Bargnani that resulted in a loss. Bargnani had 21 points (4-6 3s), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 5 fouls in a loss to Philadelphia.

Toronto just hasn't been the same since Garbajosa left.

Comment

Bargnani scored 27 points (9-11 FGs, 3-3 3s), 9 rebounds, and 4 assists. Toronto beat Indianapolis by 23 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information