No announcement yet.

Andrea Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargani set a personal career high with 26 points (9-19 FG, 2-4 3PT) with 8 rebounds in a victory over Cleveland.

Spin move around Drew Gooden
    Jump shot over Ira Newble
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

He just did Bosch's work in the Raptors' game. And he did it really well
      I KISS BASKET

Comment

25 points (9-17 2-pointers, and 5-10 3-pointers), 7 rebounds, 6 assists for the Roman Raptor last night in a victory over New York.

Bargiani Scores 25, Leads Raptors over Knicks -- February 25, 2008, AP

Andrea Bargnani’s quick start caused big trouble for the New York Knicks.

Bargnani finished with 25 points, including 10 in the first quarter, and Chris Bosh added 17 as the Toronto Raptors rebounded from a loss to New York two days earlier and beat the Knicks 115-92 on Sunday night.

“I tried to be more aggressive from the beginning,” said Bargnani, who matched a career high by going 5-of-10 from 3-point range.

The Raptors still had their 103-99 defeat from Friday night on their minds.

“We were very angry after (Friday’s) loss,” Bargnani said. “It was a bad loss.”

Anthony Parker added 16 points and T.J. Ford came off the bench to score 15 as Toronto gave coach Sam Mitchell a victory in his 300th game. Mitchell is 137-163 as coach of the Raptors.

“Andrea was huge for us,” Mitchell said. “He played great, he was just so consistent shooting the basketball.”

The 7-foot Bargnani created all sorts of matchup problems for the hapless Knicks.

“That’s tough,” New York guard Jamal Crawford said of Bargani’s outside prowess. “That’s not something that you see. He’s probably the only guy in the league with that range to be that big. He got it going tonight and that set the tone for them.”

...Bargnani’s strong start was all the more important for Toronto after Bosh went to the bench eight minutes in after picking up two quick fouls. Bosh returned for the third, but it was Toronto’s shooters who were responsible for building the cushion....

“The first four to five minutes of the third quarter, they came out and shot the ball well and they really knocked us out,” Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said.

Bosh said Bargnani is more effective when he gets good looks early.

“We have to start him off the right way,” Bosh said. “If he starts off the game with his feet set and he has time to make a decision and he’s stepping into that 3, it’s a little bit easier than falling away. That gives him a little momentum going into the rest of the game.”

...Toronto fielded players from five countries at one point in the second, including Bargnani (Italy), Brezec (Slovenia), Calderon (Spain), Carlos Delfino (Argentina) and Parker (United States).
        Eddy Curry desperate for help defense
        Slam dunk against Orlando
        Slam dunk against Scola in All-Star game
        The Roman fashion model
        Driving against the Miami Heat
        Open dunk against the LA Clippers
        Great picture: Italian versus French
        Bargiani posts up Blatche
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

27 points (9-18), 5 rebounds for the Italian Stalian. He played 48 minutes in an overtime loss to Washington.

Jump shot
          Slashing to the hoop

This kid is going to be fine in the NBA.

Comment

So far, his summer away from Sam Mitchell and near coaches who actually teach seems to be paying off for Andrea. He's far more aggressive, smart and disciplined in all areas of the game. He's more efficient with his motion, reading defenses well and he's a lot bigger. His play on the defensive end in terms of providing help (his one-on-one defense has always been above average) is light years ahead of where it was last year. His post game has improved and he just looks better generally.

Euroleague Fantasy Blog

Comment

Bargnani with the Raptors until 2010.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

New career-high: 29 points + 10 rebounds in an OT thriller defeat against the Nets.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

He is finally starting to show why he was the #1 draftpick.
                  The SF-position he is playing suits much more than being the center as he gots a lot of mismatches in almot every game being a 7-footer. I really like the way he is playing and I hope Sam Mitchell keeps playing him as small forward.

Comment

26 pts + 6 rebs + 5 blocks for "Il Mago" as the Raptors lose to the Nuggets.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Notes -- by Mitch Lawerence, January 4, 2008, New York Daily News

...• They've already changed coaches - when they were 8-9 - so now the Raptors, eight games under .500 as of Friday, might have to start making deals as they continue to underachieve and sink in the East. One rival Eastern Conference GM said that Andrea Bargnani, the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, and Anthony Parker are prime candidates to be moved, as they look to add athleticism on the wings. In the meantime, Jermaine O'Neal has been sidelined with yet another knee injury. The Raptors are second in the NBA in losing games in which they've held double-digit leads (seven), with only Indiana (nine) doing it more times....
                      "Prime targets to be moved" isn't exactly a good story. This isn't even a rumor, it's just somebody saying that Toronto wants a more athletic player.

Comment

Bargnani scored 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists in 36 minutes against Orlando last night. Toronto won the game despite playing without Calderon or O'Neal. Bargnani is averaging 11 points and 5 rebounds this year, but shooting a dismal 41% from the field.

Kissy lips dunk

Comment

With Andrea Bargnani starting, Toronto has won 3 of the last 4 with averages of 21 pts, 6.3 rebs, 1.8 blks, and shooting 12-21 from three.

Via Interbasket's twitter

Stuart
                          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

HoopsWorld Story - January 7, 2009, by Bill Ingram

The Toronto Raptors have been looking for a small forward, and HOOPSWORLD has learned that they may have finally found their man. A deal being discussed would send troubled forward Josh Howard to the Raptors in a deal that would land Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker in Dallas, with a combination that could involve DeSagana Diop and Antoine Wright headed back to Toronto.

...Like Howard, Andrea Bargnani seems to need a different system in order to realize his full NBA potential. The Mavericks are clearly interested in seeing if Jason Kidd can help bring that out in the former number one overall pick in the NBA draft.

Bargnani has seen his playing time increase over the last four games, and as a result his numbers have dramatically improved. Over that stretch he's averaging 21 points, 6.25 rebounds, and connecting on just over 50% of his field goals (12-21 from three). On the season Bargnani has been much more effective as a starter, and the Mavs could hand him a full-time role in this scenario.
                            I don't know if this would be very good for Bargnani. Dallas has Brandon Bass and Gerald Green, two young forwards, and Deavon George, a bright veteran. How much could Bargnani contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                              I don't know if this would be very good for Bargnani. Dallas has Brandon Bass and Gerald Green, two young forwards, and Deavon George, a bright veteran. How much could Bargnani contribute?
                              A Bargnani/Nowitzki duet would be interesting... And Anthony Parker would fill a free spot as a two guard.
                              Gerald Green can play there, but... They have no 2 guard now.

ps: Oups, forgot terry... Well, I guess Parker would start, and Terry 6th man and better scorer.
                              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo View Post
                                A Bargnani/Nowitzki duet would be interesting...
                                I don't think I would like it. They both seem very similar to me, although I haven't seen Bargnani play as much.
                                And Anthony Parker would fill a free spot as a two guard.
                                Parker is a really underrated player. He'd be a good fit playing with Kidd, but I'm not so sure about Bargnani playing with Nowitzki and Kidd. Honestly, I thought Bargnani was starting to play well with Mitchell as coach, but...maybe Bargnani would look good in Miami. They need a lot of points.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information