Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrea Bargnani

one thing is certain.
    i've spoken about andrea being similar (imo) to gasol and not to nowitzki. obviously the raptors think i'm wrong. as far as i saw (very little...) - the guy totaly play face-up to the basekt. he starts much closer to the 3pt line than to the low-post. they are trying to make him "out-dribble" his opponents and to shoot some long jumpers. it works pretty well - i must admit.
    still - i stay still with saying they should play him closer to the rim. he has a strong body, he's tall, that's the basic. the gasol prototype still seems to me much more adquate in this case.
    but hey - it's worth trying to find the new nowitzki, one of the bigest phnomenon the basketball world ever saw.

16 pts + 5 rebs + 3 blocks (+ 1 assist + 2 steals) as the Raptors lose to the Bulls.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Bargnani's second best scoring so far: 22 pts (4/7 3pt) against the Nets.
    Artificial Nature

He's been consistant plus for the raptors throughout the year. So far he's my choice for Rookie of the year.
    Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin
    He's been consistant plus for the raptors throughout the year. So far he's my choice for Rookie of the year.
    Mine as well.
    Artificial Nature

Bargnani matched his second best scoring game with 22 pts (4/8 3pt) as the Raptors beat the Bulls.
    Artificial Nature

Bargnani article on draftexpress
    Mostly about Bargnani but also on bball on general. Nice article overall, draftexpress guys are getting better and better

eventhough that particular part isn't Bargnani related, i love this quote

There is no connection between playing within your role and your ability to dominate. Steve Nash plays within his role and is dominant. Gilbert Arenas plays outside of his role, or without a clear role, and still dominates. The difference is that Nash’s teams win. This example shows us that confidence might not be the defining feature that we’re looking for, even if it might still be a pre-requisite.

What separates their relative impact, if not for their statistical contributions to their teams? The answer is that everything in basketball happens within a team context. Just as once upon a time philosophy forgot Being, many of the NBA stars of today have forgot the primacy of team basketball. The question is: Why?
    and finally somebody realises Bosh is in a big part a product of Toronto's policy not his skills.

One more reason I hate players like Bargnani playing in NBA, if it wasn't for Toronto's GM order, he wouldn't even be getting minutes in the team (and by him getting that playing time, together with Rasho, the team accidently started winning- what a coincidence ...not) point is Toronto doesn't deserve him... neither does NBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Bargnani had to be operated last night because of an appendicitis. His return to the Raptors is not set, since the recovery varies a lot.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 03-23-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    Artificial Nature

His 2007-08 season couldn't start any better: a win against the Sixers and a team leading 20 pts (3/4 3pt) + 5 rebs + 2 blocks in 22 minutes!
    Artificial Nature

Top scorer and top rebounder of his team.

21 points, 6 rebounds in 29 minutes and an easy win for Raptors. 106-69 Vs Nets

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Bargani set a personal career high with 26 points (9-19 FG, 2-4 3PT) with 8 rebounds in a victory over Cleveland.

Spin move around Drew Gooden
    Jump shot over Ira Newble

He just did Bosch's work in the Raptors' game. And he did it really well
    I KISS BASKET

25 points (9-17 2-pointers, and 5-10 3-pointers), 7 rebounds, 6 assists for the Roman Raptor last night in a victory over New York.

Bargiani Scores 25, Leads Raptors over Knicks -- February 25, 2008, AP

Andrea Bargnani’s quick start caused big trouble for the New York Knicks.

Bargnani finished with 25 points, including 10 in the first quarter, and Chris Bosh added 17 as the Toronto Raptors rebounded from a loss to New York two days earlier and beat the Knicks 115-92 on Sunday night.

“I tried to be more aggressive from the beginning,” said Bargnani, who matched a career high by going 5-of-10 from 3-point range.

The Raptors still had their 103-99 defeat from Friday night on their minds.

“We were very angry after (Friday’s) loss,” Bargnani said. “It was a bad loss.”

Anthony Parker added 16 points and T.J. Ford came off the bench to score 15 as Toronto gave coach Sam Mitchell a victory in his 300th game. Mitchell is 137-163 as coach of the Raptors.

“Andrea was huge for us,” Mitchell said. “He played great, he was just so consistent shooting the basketball.”

The 7-foot Bargnani created all sorts of matchup problems for the hapless Knicks.

“That’s tough,” New York guard Jamal Crawford said of Bargani’s outside prowess. “That’s not something that you see. He’s probably the only guy in the league with that range to be that big. He got it going tonight and that set the tone for them.”

...Bargnani’s strong start was all the more important for Toronto after Bosh went to the bench eight minutes in after picking up two quick fouls. Bosh returned for the third, but it was Toronto’s shooters who were responsible for building the cushion....

“The first four to five minutes of the third quarter, they came out and shot the ball well and they really knocked us out,” Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said.

Bosh said Bargnani is more effective when he gets good looks early.

“We have to start him off the right way,” Bosh said. “If he starts off the game with his feet set and he has time to make a decision and he’s stepping into that 3, it’s a little bit easier than falling away. That gives him a little momentum going into the rest of the game.”

...Toronto fielded players from five countries at one point in the second, including Bargnani (Italy), Brezec (Slovenia), Calderon (Spain), Carlos Delfino (Argentina) and Parker (United States).
    Eddy Curry desperate for help defense
    Slam dunk against Orlando
    Slam dunk against Scola in All-Star game
    The Roman fashion model
    Driving against the Miami Heat
    Open dunk against the LA Clippers
    Great picture: Italian versus French
    Bargiani posts up Blatche
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

27 points (9-18), 5 rebounds for the Italian Stalian. He played 48 minutes in an overtime loss to Washington.

Jump shot
    Slashing to the hoop

This kid is going to be fine in the NBA.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

So far, his summer away from Sam Mitchell and near coaches who actually teach seems to be paying off for Andrea. He's far more aggressive, smart and disciplined in all areas of the game. He's more efficient with his motion, reading defenses well and he's a lot bigger. His play on the defensive end in terms of providing help (his one-on-one defense has always been above average) is light years ahead of where it was last year. His post game has improved and he just looks better generally.

Bargnani with the Raptors until 2010.
    Artificial Nature

New career-high: 29 points + 10 rebounds in an OT thriller defeat against the Nets.
    Artificial Nature

He is finally starting to show why he was the #1 draftpick.
    The SF-position he is playing suits much more than being the center as he gots a lot of mismatches in almot every game being a 7-footer. I really like the way he is playing and I hope Sam Mitchell keeps playing him as small forward.

26 pts + 6 rebs + 5 blocks for "Il Mago" as the Raptors lose to the Nuggets.
    Artificial Nature

Notes -- by Mitch Lawerence, January 4, 2008, New York Daily News

...• They've already changed coaches - when they were 8-9 - so now the Raptors, eight games under .500 as of Friday, might have to start making deals as they continue to underachieve and sink in the East. One rival Eastern Conference GM said that Andrea Bargnani, the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, and Anthony Parker are prime candidates to be moved, as they look to add athleticism on the wings. In the meantime, Jermaine O'Neal has been sidelined with yet another knee injury. The Raptors are second in the NBA in losing games in which they've held double-digit leads (seven), with only Indiana (nine) doing it more times....
    "Prime targets to be moved" isn't exactly a good story. This isn't even a rumor, it's just somebody saying that Toronto wants a more athletic player.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast