Andrea Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Bargnani

(originally posted by NaFioN, 10-22-2004, 06:32 PM)

NaFioN
    10-22-2004, 06:32 PM

article on Andrea on draftcity.com
    http://www.draftcity.com/dcdaily.php?p=7

Andrea Bargnani, the 6-11 Italian prospect, had a great performace in the exhibition game played by Benetton Treviso against Toronto Raptors in Canada last Wednesday. The young promising forward scored 13 points (6/15 from the field), grabbed 5 rebounds and blocked 2 shots in 22 minutes, while matching with NBA sophomore talent Chris Bosh. Benetton finally lost the game by just 3 points.

His coach, the much respected Ettore Messina, spoke about his player’s bright future. “I guess now, more than before, not only us will talk about Andrea Barnani as a future draft pick. I wish it for the player, but above all I hope he understands how better is to arrive at the proffesional world of the NBA as a mature player, with a loaded European baggage of experience and victories. Like, Danilovic, Ginobili, Divac, Jaric and co.: prestigious players who assured themselves to be respected in that new environment, and also with enough level to be instant contributors and not only future hopes”, reports Il Gazzettino.

“I agree with the coach –assured Bargnani- better to make the big jump with enough level to not fail. But at this moment, in the first place I’m not sure if I’ll ever have this chance, and in the second place, I don’t think about it at all. I’m focused just in Benetton and my development work to improve, grow and complete my game. Of course, I will remember this game, but I’m sure reading the stats or the praises won’t go to my head. I know I have to prove myself day after day, game after game. I hope to show improvement also in the Italian league and in the Euroleague, not only in an exhibition game, as prestigious as this is.”
    Matiz
    10-23-2004, 12:14 AM

Bargnani is a great talent... in this case Messina is trying to use him as a SF- although that may hurt his team on the defensive end, but I wonder if Bargnani would eventually become pure SF- that would be fun... also the case of Nocioni and Delfino are showing this season- what's the best way to get to NBA (Aleksandrov do you hear me?????)
    pallacanestro
    10-23-2004, 01:12 PM

Andrea isn't just a talented player, but even and above all an intelligent guy.
    pallacanestro
    10-23-2005, 03:49 AM
    Jeez ... today he posted 25 points in 27 minutes against Rome ...

In these first games of the season the young italian talents are kicking the asses ! look also DaTome and Gallinari ... :go:
    stuart
    01-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Cool little article from Fiba.com about Bargnani, the "Magician"

ITA - Bargnani leaves basketball spellbound
    TREVISO (FIBA World Championship 2006) - Andrea Bargnani doesn't wear a top hat or carry a wand.

The rising Benetton Treviso star does perform many a trick on the hardwood, though.

That is why former Italian international Riccardo Pittis, one of the all-time greats at Benetton, nicknamed his ex-team-mate 'the Magician' a few years ago.

Having played alongside the youngster in training soon after Bargnani's arrival at the club in 2003, Pittis believed the sobriquet suited the talented teenager to a tee.

Now 20 years old and in his third Lega A campaign with Benetton, the seven-foot Bargnani's magic touch has helped the club maintain its standing as one of the best in Italy and Europe.

His excellent shooting touch from three-point range, his ferocious drives to the basket and his wonderful ability to block shots have been instrumental in Benetton's nine wins in 12 Lega A games.

Like the player he is most often compared to, Germany superstar Dirk Nowitzki, the Rome-born Bargnani is showing he is the complete package.

"I'm really delighted with how the season is going," Bargnani said to PA Sport. "I'm playing more minutes and I'm having lots of fun."

In seven Euroleague games, he has averaged just 13 minutes per game with modest numbers - 6.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest. He is playing almost 20 minutes per game in Lega A, however, averaging 12.7 points and 5.1 rebounds.

Bargnani is also shooting 47% from behind the arc, having drained 18 of 38 on the season. As a result, Benetton are joint top of the standings with Climamio Fortitudo Bologna.

Bargnani, along with Fortitudo's exciting youngsters Marco Belinelli and Stefano Mancinelli, and Bipop Carire Reggio Emilia's Angelo Gigli are the shining hope of Italian basketball.

"We hope to be just that," said Bargnani, who has put his political science studies at university on hold to concentrate on his basketball career. "But we are still growing as players. I just hope we can mature fast."

All stand an excellent chance of playing at the FIBA World Championship next year in Japan.

Fabrizio Frates sure regrets that Bargnani was unable to play for his young Italy team at the U20 European Championship in Russia.

Injury prevented him from taking part and Frates' team ended up in eighth place.

"Had we had Bargnani this summer, we would have won a medal," said Frates, who believes the youngster is Italy's next great player in waiting. "However much I like Angelo Gigli, I think there is a notable difference between him and Bargnani.

"They are both great players but Bargnani has an enormous talent with respect to Gigli. It's really the merit of his mother that he was born like this because it's not something you pick up in the gym."

His mother Luisa did more than give birth to a baby who would grow into a giant. She introduced him to the game when he was just six years old.

"My mother took me to watch my uncle play a game at Perugina Jeans Basket," he said. "From then on, basketball has been in my life. From her, I also inherited her height gene."

Bargnani began playing the game in his village, Trezzano Rosa, before joining Rome-based club Stella Azzurra in 1999, a move that would lead to his introduction to the national team set-up.

In 2003, Bargnani was officially a star on the rise when he joined Benetton.

"I was delighted that a club like Benetton wanted me," he said. "At Treviso, I have found a great atmosphere to learn in, to become a better player.

"At this level, there is always pressure but I have never felt it at Benetton."

In Treviso, he found in then coach Ettore Messina a great mentor.

"With Messina I learned how to defend," said Bargnani. "When I arrived in Treviso, my defensive play was so ridiculous, almost embarrassing, but with practice and a great coach as Messina is, I got better.

"But I still have to improve my game a lot, especially underneath the basket."

Benetton offered him the chance to play among the best in Europe.

"I gain my inspiration from watching those players who I have trained with, such as Marcus Goree, Jorge Garbajosa and Pittis," he said.

Goree is still at Benetton, while Pittis has retired and Garbajosa left Treviso two years ago and returned to Spain to play for Unicaja Malaga.

Bargnani played just eight games in his first campaign before spending 116 minutes on the court in the 2004-05 campaign, a season which saw him earn his first title, the Coppa Italia.

He grew so confident as a player that his invitation to the 2004 Hoops Summit in San Antonio, where the best young players from the USA and the rest of the world come face to face, came as no surprise.

"It was a fantastic experience," said Bargnani. "We trained where Tony Parker trains and it was unbelievable. I didn't get to talk to him because I don't speak English."

High praise
    Dan Peterson is an American who is a legendary basketball coach in Italy. Among his many achievements was leading Tracer Milano to the European title in 1987. He believes Bargnani could end up being an improved version of Nowitzki.

After Bargnani had dominated in a recent game against Lottomatica Roma when he guarded Serbo-Montenegrin Dejan Bodiroga, Peterson said: "Andrea defends even better than Nowitzki."

Everyone is tipping Bargnani to be a hit in the NBA.

Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird was captivated by the youngster when he watched him play in their 91-74 triumph over Virtus on December 8.

Bargnani had 11 points, five rebounds and three blocks in that triumph.

"He is truly beautiful to watch, he is fast and co-ordinated," said Bird.

The NBA is not on Bargnani's mind.

"I really see the NBA as being very distant right now," he said.

"I don't think about it. My aim is to do well with Benetton and my dream is to play with the national team."

Bargnani has yet to make his debut in Carlo Recalcati's senior Italy team.

With the Azzurri having been granted a wild card for the FIBA World Championship next year, and the federation admitting the squad needs to be freshened up, Bargnani is expected to play in Japan.

No wave of the magic wand will be necessary for that to happen. It's obvious that he's good enough already.
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/news/in...0607&r_cat=274
    Dig Deez
    02-06-2006, 01:37 PM

Have anyone seen actually footage of Bargnani? Is he a better prospect than Adam Morrison (Gonzaga), Rudy G a y (UConn), & LaMarcus Aldridge (Univ. of Texas)?

Bargnani is being projected to go in the top 5 of the next NBA draft. The Chicago Bulls may have a shot a drafting him. The Bulls need height big time, but it may be very difficult to pass up on Rudy G a y. This guy is the most amazing leaper and athlete in college, period. But some question his motivation and consistency.

Any info. on Bargnani is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Dig Deez
    aka Dat Dude
    Last edited by stuart; 05-09-2006, 04:40 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Stats from Euroleague
    PPG-10.9
    RPG-4.1
    2pt %-55.8
    3pt %-43
    StPG-1.3
    BPG-0.9
    MIN-21

Stats from Lega A
    PPG-11.6
    RPG-5.5
    2pt %-57
    3pt %-39
    StPG-1.3
    BPG-0.3
    MIN-21

Info:
    DraftExpress- http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=154
    Interview with him-http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/bargnani_sierra.htm

Video- http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    Last edited by stuart; 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM.
    47-70
    76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo
      Great, thanks Nikoo.

Here's a related IBN thread that speaks a little about Bargnani...

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=223

Stuart

Comment

Raptors send coach and senior adviser to Italy to scout Bargnani

Raptors send coach and senior adviser to Italy to scout Bargnani taken from Yahoo Sports... Linky

Raptors send coach and senior adviser to Italy to scout Bargnani By ROB GILLIES, Associated Press Writer

TORONTO (AP) -- A day after winning the top pick in the draft lottery, the Toronto Raptors dispatched coach Sam Mitchell and senior adviser Wayne Embry to Italy to scout forward Andrea Bargnani.

General manager Bryan Colangelo and team owner Larry Tanenbaum have already scouted Bargnani, a 7-footer who plays for Benetton Treviso.
        "I'm not certain we would be sending Sam and Wayne to Italy if we had the No. 5 pick," Colangelo said Wednesday.

The Raptors (27-55) jumped four spots in the pingpong ball lottery to snag the first pick in the June 28 draft to be held in New York.

Colangelo also mentioned Texas center LaMarcus Aldridge, Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison, Washington guard Brandon Roy, Connecticut forward Rudy Gay and LSU forward Tryus Thomas as candidates for the No. 1 pick.

He said the draft lacks a franchise player like LeBron James or Tim Duncan.
        But he's clearly high on Bargnani and is even considering hiring Benetton GM Maurizio Gherardini as Toronto's new assistant GM.

Bargnani averaged 11.2 points and 5.2 rebounds in his first 22 games in Italian league play. The 20-year-old often gets compared to Dirk Nowitzki because of his versatility and smooth jumper.

And though the Raptors already have power forwards Chris Bosh and Charlie Villanueva, Colangelo says he'll take the top player no matter the position.
        "We're not good enough to draft around positions right now," Colangelo said.
        He said is open to trading the pick. One team has already expressed interest, he said.

Toronto's most pressing need is an interior presence. The Raptors have about $10 million in cap space. Colangelo was hired in February to replace the fired Rob Babcock. He was voted the NBA's 2005 executive of the year for retooling the Phoenix Suns, who won a league-high 62 games. He left Phoenix after not getting a contract extension.

Comment

or maybe not... from the Toronto Star

Raptors-Bargnani talk all a con job Someone check up Colangelo's sleeve

Publicly mulling his new-found options as the luck-struck possessor of the No.1 pick in next month's NBA draft, Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors general manager, wasn't exactly in the mood to drop subtle hints about his leanings yesterday.

He dropped hammer-over-the-head hints, making it all-too-obvious that he's enamoured with a certain Andrea Bargnani — whose surname is pronounced, at least by this butcherer, Barn-yani. He's a 20-year-old seven-footer from Rome who, in a crop of prospects that lacks a franchise-changing consensus stud, is among a handful of players projected to go anywhere in the top five or six slots.

But yesterday Colangelo tried awfully hard to make it known that the Raptors like him more than anybody else on the shortlist. The GM mentioned that Sam Mitchell, the Raptors coach, and Wayne Embry, a senior executive, were jetting to see Bargnani play on the Continent this week. He mentioned that Larry Tanenbaum, the club chairman, had taken in one of Bargnani's games at Colangelo's urging. And he mentioned — surely only in passing — that the man with whom he is in talks to hire as an assistant, Maurizio Gherardini, is the top executive with the club, Benetton Treviso, that owns Bargnani's contract.

To be more transparent, Colangelo, who is of Italian heritage, would have needed to hold up a Raptors jersey bearing Bargnani's No. 11 while personally stuffing the gathering of media types with gnocchi and Moretti and calamari. Even without the seafood, all the references to one paisan — in the absence of repeated references to any other player — smelt awfully fishy.

As pre-draft strategies go, call this The Italian Job. And if you didn't see the movie of the same name — either the 1969 original or its decent sequel — you should know it starred a group of con artists planning the heist of their lives.

ARTURO PRESOTTO/IGUANNA PRESS/GRAZIA NERI/ICON SMIAndrea Bargnani, a 7-foot centre with Benetton Treviso of EuroLeague, has averaged 11 points and six rebounds a game.

That's not to say there's anything untoward going on in Raptorland these days. But if your fisherman has learned one thing about trolling for draft-time information, it's that almost everybody is lying almost all the time. Deceit is only smart business practice for executives looking to protect the scouting information they've spent hundreds of thousands to assemble.

And that's not to say Colangelo might not be floating a trial balloon here — simply getting people used to the idea of taking a baby-faced bone-rack from the boot with the first-overall pick. (There are exactly zero Italians in the NBA these days, and the only Italian Raptor, Vincenzo Esposito, was no Phil or Tony). What is far more likely is that Colangelo is looking to make a deal that will net him more from the first round than a youngster who's at least a few years away from contributing to the cause.

To wit, Colangelo listed off his club's needs yesterday, and the needs — contrary to all the nice words about the Italian — spoke a different language. They need more "interior presence" and "rebounding help," the GM said, and Bargnani is a perimeter guy who averaged three rebounds a game during the regular season in Europe. They need a point guard. (And when haven't they?) And Bargnani, even if he is being billed as the latest in a long line of "next Dirk Nowitzkis," is certainly not that.

You can talk to scouts who'll tell you Bargnani isn't worthy of the No. 1 pick, what with the question marks about his work ethic and toughness. And it's important to note that there are advantages to getting the player you really want — the player you're not silly to gush about — at a lower draft slot. The salaries of first-round draft picks are pre-set. The No. 1 will make about $3.6 million next season. No. 5 will make about $2.3 million. That's a considerable gap in precious spending money. Since the fifth pick is cheaper than the first — and since the fifth pick will probably be, as Colangelo was saying yesterday, as good a prospect as the first — then you'd be silly not to do everything you can to move down to the fifth pick, or somewhere in the neighbourhood.

So why would the Raptors feign hyper-interest? Perhaps they're trying to legitimize Bargnani as a No. 1 pick in other team's eyes. The Atlanta Hawks, holders of the fifth pick with no record of genius in their front office, have expressed love for Bargnani, and perhaps they're insecure enough to need someone to second that emotion. And maybe the Hawks would throw in an existing player to move up. There are a couple of point guards, Connecticut's Marcus Williams and Villanova's Randy Foye, who'd likely still be around at five. Either one is a better bet than Jose Calderon.

Any way you look at it — and the possibilities are endless, really — this Italian Job reeks of a smokescreen. A deal's brewing somewhere, even if it's only in Colangelo's head. Raptor fans can only hope they're on the right side of any possible larceny.

Comment

can anyone gimme a clue?

what makes him so special?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
              what makes him so special?
              Check this out and decide for yourself, looks more like Pau Gasol with a decent jumpshot.

from the Chicago Sun-Times

Bargnani: The next Italian stallion

June 4, 2006

Wearing No. 11 for Italy's Benetton Treviso, he's driving the baseline. Fast as a whippet, he finishes the play with a reverse dunk. Now he's hitting a three-pointer, nothing but net. Next thing you know, he flies high to swat down an opponent's shot. Then he's cutting through the lane, catching a pass and dunking the ball. He finishes by driving the lane and laying the ball in, even as he's being hacked by the other team.

His name is Andrea Bargnani, and he sure looks great on a highlight reel, such as the one that can be viewed online courtesy of Google video. Few fans in the United States have seen him play, but NBA scouts have been flocking to Italy for months to watch him.

"We have been inundated,'' said Benetton coach Dave Blatt, a Massachusetts native who has been working overseas, first as a player and then as a coach, since graduating from Princeton in 1981. "We have had literally every single team from the NBA spending time at our facility and at our games over the course of the year. And many of them, who I don't want to mention, have been here three, four or five times.''

Maybe they just can't believe their eyes. Bargnani is a 7-foot, 225-pound forward who can shoot, rebound, block shots and -- who knows -- maybe even fly. As soon as the lottery Ping-Pong balls settled, Toronto Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo sent coach Sam Mitchell and adviser Wayne Embry to Italy to scout Bargnani, whose team is playing in the semifinals of the Italian League playoffs. Bargnani has declared for the draft, and it has been widely speculated that the Raptors, winners of the lottery, want Bargnani. But Blatt, who claimed no inside knowledge, doesn't believe Bargnani is a lock for Toronto.

"The Raptors are not the only ones [we've seen a lot of],'' he said. "I've seen the Bulls [more than once]. I think Andrea is a great choice for the Bulls. Andrea would do well there. I know Johnny Paxson, and he's terrific. And [Scott] Skiles is a great coach. I know offensively Andrea could help the Bulls a great deal, and I know that coach Skiles could help him a lot with the continued development of his defense.'

Even though Benetton GM Maurizio Gherardini is expected to be hired by the Raptors as an assistant GM, the Raptors won't necessarily select Bargnani. Gherardini has been instrumental in "opening the pipeline between the NBA and Europe,'' Blatt said. As the NBA grows more global, it makes sense that an organization would view Gherardini's international experience as an asset, regardless of Bargnani.

"Nobody knows for sure who the first pick is going to be,'' Blatt said. "I would say at this point it's not for sure the first pick is even going to go to the Raptors, except on paper. They may be looking to deal since there's no LeBron James in the draft this year. A lot of things could happen. That's why I'm saying Chicago is looking pretty good, too. If that's their inclination. I don't know if that's what they want to do."

As has become his habit, Bulls GM John Paxson is keeping his draft thoughts pretty much to himself. Paxson has said he won't hesitate to go young, big or small. He hasn't ruled out trading the pick in exchange for an established NBA player, either. But in characterizing the Bulls' biggest need as "size, athleticism and length,'' Paxson could have been describing Bargnani, who frequently has been compared to German forward Dirk Nowitzki, a 7-foot European who has blossomed into superstardom with the Dallas Mavericks.

"I really like [Bargnani],'' said ESPN draft analyst Chad Ford, who has seen Bargnani play in person. "He is the closest thing I've seen from a European to [Nowitzki]. He's a 7-foot, perimeter-oriented player. He has an excellent shot, he's athletic and he's an aggressive scorer. He puts the ball on the floor and attacks the basket. He's very skilled, and he's having a lot of success in the best league in Europe while playing for one of the top five teams in Europe.''

According to Blatt, many observers believe Bargnani is better at this point in his career than Nowitzki was at the same stage.

"I say that carefully because between that and where Dirk is right now there's an awfully, awfully, awfully long way to go,'' Blatt said. "Dirk is unique and extremely special.''

Not everyone is high on Bargnani.

"They compare him to Dirk because he's 7 feet tall and can shoot the ball,'' said Ryan Blake of Marty Blake and Associates. "But it's hard to gauge how good he'll be because he's playing [in Europe].''

In other words, instead of becoming a Dirk clone, Bargnani could become a Darko reincarnation. Darko Milicic, the Serbia-Montenegro native who was drafted by the Detroit Pistons with the second pick in 2003, already has been traded to the Orlando Magic and labeled a bust. Bargnani, 20, has had only one season of significant play at Europe's highest level. Will he continue to develop when he reaches the NBA? Whoever drafts him will be taking a risk. But it will be a calculated risk -- the Google highlight reel is for real.

"There's no lie there,'' Blatt said. "He can do some amazing things, there's no doubt about that. But there certainly are holes in his game that he needs to fill. And he will because he has a good work ethic. He's not a guy that's at all satisfied with where he's at. As a matter of fact, he's young enough that he recognizes the need to really improve on a daily basis. He wants to get better.''

There are other intangibles to consider, as well. Blatt describes Bargnani, who can speak English, as "a terrific kid'' who is "quiet and unassuming'' and is respectful of his veteran teammates.

"He plays with passion,'' Blatt said, "but he's not a whooper and a hollerer.''
              Even in a short highlight reel, his offensive skills are apparent.

"His strength is his perimeter skills as a 7-footer,'' Blatt said. "Without a doubt, that's what makes him so attractive. Particularly the way the NBA game is changing. It's going more and more toward the European style, and there's an advantage to having a big man who can shoot the ball.''

And what about his defense?

"He's very long, and he's very, very quick for a 7-footer,'' Blatt said. "He has a great first step. He has a pretty good ability as a 7-footer to switch and stay in front of guards, at least in front of European guards. It remains to be seen whether he can do that at the NBA level. But he's got the length and understanding to at least try to accomplish some of that.

"He needs to improve his game with his back to the basket, but remember it took Nowitzki an awful long time to do that. Nowitzki is still not a power back-to-the-basket player. [Nowitzki] developed a good turnaround jump shot, and he knows a little better how to use his size in the post. But it took him a while to learn that.''

Ford ranks Bargnani, along with LaMarcus Aldridge and Tyrus Thomas, as one of the draft's top three players.

"He's for real,'' Ford said.

He sure looks to be.

Comment

Bargnani scored 20pts (7-11FG 2-5 three, 4-4FT), and also had 4 rebounds and 2 blocks (and 6 fouls) in his first preseason game... boxscore (thanks, Kings)

Stuart

Comment

Speaking of stats, I found this from an old Euro U20 qualifying game that Bargnani played in.

CROATIA
                  Name Min 2P FG 3P FG FT Reb As PF TO ST BS Pts
                  M/A % M/A % M/A % O D Tot
                  4 Ramljak, T. 3 0/0 0.0 0/0 0.0 0/0 0.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
                  5 Gasparac, H. 15 1/3 33.3 0/1 0.0 1/4 25.0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 3
                  6 Filipovic, D. 22 1/3 33.3 0/3 0.0 1/6 16.7 0 3 3 1 5 2 2 0 3
                  7 Simon, K. 35 2/8 25.0 1/2 50.0 3/10 30.0 1 5 6 0 1 2 1 1 10
                  8 Markota, D. 4 0/0 0.0 0/1 0.0 0/1 0.0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
                  9 Tomas, M. 21 5/6 83.3 1/3 33.3 6/9 66.7 1 0 1 0 4 3 1 0 19
                  11 Pasalic, D. 36 8/15 53.3 2/6 33.3 3/21 14.3 2 13 15 0 2 1 1 0 25
                  12 Previsic, M. 12 0/1 0.0 0/0 0.0 0/1 0.0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
                  13 Banic, M. 34 6/9 66.7 0/0 0.0 6/9 66.7 5 4 9 0 5 2 0 1 18
                  14 Trepalovac, A. 5 2/2 100.0 0/0 0.0 2/2 100.0 1 2 3 0 1 0 0 0 6
                  15 Peric, H. 13 1/4 25.0 0/0 0.0 1/4 25.0 0 2 2 1 2 0 0 0 3
                  TOTAL 26/51 51.0 4/16 25.0 23/67 34.3 10 30 40 3 24 11 6 2 87

ITALY
                  Name Min 2P FG 3P FG FT Reb As PF TO ST BS Pts
                  M/A % M/A % M/A % O D Tot
                  4 Bolzonella, F. 29 3/8 37.5 3/3 100.0 0/11 0.0 3 5 8 0 5 1 0 0 15
                  5 Coronini, G. 27 0/1 0.0 0/1 0.0 1/2 50.0 0 1 1 0 4 2 1 0 1
                  6 Bargnani, A. 32 8/14 57.1 4/10 40.0 2/24 8.3 4 3 7 1 1 1 2 0 30
                  7 Agosta, A. 0 0/0 0.0 0/0 0.0 0/0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
                  9 Crosariol, A. 21 5/5 100.0 0/1 0.0 0/6 0.0 1 4 5 0 1 0 0 2 10
                  10 Di Viccaro, V. 19 0/3 0.0 0/7 0.0 0/10 0.0 5 0 5 1 2 3 1 0 0
                  11 Matteucci, L. 15 0/2 0.0 0/3 0.0 3/5 60.0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 3
                  12 Demartini, D. 9 0/1 0.0 0/1 0.0 1/2 50.0 0 1 1 2 1 0 0 0 1
                  13 Sereni, G. 18 2/3 66.7 0/2 0.0 0/5 0.0 1 7 8 1 3 0 0 1 4
                  14 Fantoni, T. 15 2/4 50.0 1/1 100.0 6/8 75.0 0 2 2 0 2 1 0 0 13
                  15 Rinaldi, T. 12 1/4 25.0 0/0 0.0 2/4 50.0 2 3 5 0 3 0 1 0 4
                  TOTAL 21/45 46.7 8/29 27.6 15/77 19.5 17 26 43 6 23 8 6 4 81

Could this be a typo? Did Bargnani shoot 2/24 from the FT line???!!! And Italy as a team shot a blistering 19.5% from the line?!?

Comment

It seems he's slowly earning his place in the Raptors.
                    In his last game he made his highest score (16 pts) since he joined the team and his minutes on court have been rising.
                    His stats until now are indeed good for a rookie:
                    14.8 mpg
                    7.1 ppg (42.4 FG%, 36.4 3Pt% 79.2% FT)
                    2.4 rpg
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

In the loss to the Mavericks: 12 pts + 5 rebs (+ 1 assist + 1 block).
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Loss to the Cavaliers, but good performance for Bargnani: 14 pts (+ 3 rebs + 2 assists + 1 block) in 29 minutes.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

...and Bargnani got hot! 23 pts + 6 rebs + 2 blocks as the Raptors beat the Magic.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

and he had 5 3-pointers

This guy really might be the next Nowitzki.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                              ...and Bargnani got hot! 23 pts + 6 rebs + 2 blocks as the Raptors beat the Magic.
                              And Arroyo 22 pts and 6 rebs vs Bargnani
                              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information