No announcement yet.

The Accomplishments of P.Noy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accordingly, that view "The opportunity to disarm or shoot the hostage-taker" was in fact not in the mind of top-ranking police officials or even in malacañang palace.

1st. He was a police captain (senior inspector). Former colleagues to many policemen who responded to the scene. If mendoza was a notorious criminal, the hostage drama would not last that long. The moment he showed his cover, his head would be blown by a sniper's fire.

2nd. According to no less than President Noynoy Aquino, sen. insp. mendoza was thought to be not a violent person or a hardened criminal.

The second misconception turned out to be a deadly and tragic mistake.
    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
    - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

News feed from CNN IReport. Related to Manila Hostage Crisis.

A letter from a teenage Filipino to the WHOLE WORLD

August 23, 2010 | Philippines |

As you are reading this letter, I bet that you have seen/heard about what happened earlier in our country.
      Tourists were hostages of a policeman here, Rolando Mendoza. After a few hours of the horrible crime, some of the victims were dead including the hostage-taker.
      I wrote this letter not just to apologize but also to let everyone know that we Filipinos are not all like Mendoza. We are loving and good-hearted people.
      For so many years, our country has been standing tall and surpassing every dilemma; be it small or big. Years ago (back when I wasn’t born yet), you have watched us fight for what we think is right. We fought for the democracy of our nation.. The EDSA revolution. But that’s just one out of many.
      Second. We Filipinos have been serving other countries for our families and we treat you as our own as well. With all due respect, I thank you all for giving us the trust through the years. For helping us to become what we are now.
      The Philippines is more than just a group of islands. We are a nation of strong and remarkable people. A country of beauty and love known to be hospitable and well-valued. I humbly apologize for what happened tonight. No one in this world would want something like that to happen for life should be valued.
      I politely ask the attention of the world. Please do not judge and mistreat us just because of what happened tonight. I have been searching the net and found terrible things. Hong Kong advices to avoid travels here, China and HK bans Filipinos and that Philippines is the worst place to go.
      I can’t blame you for what you have decided but I hope that you could understand. Our country is now in a sea of problems. And I know for sure that we helped you in a way or another. Let peace and understanding reign this time.
      I know that this letter will just be trash but I wish that you would understand. On behalf of the Philippine population.. WE ARE SORRY.
      As a song puts it…
      And I believe that in my life I will see an end to hopelessness, giving-up and suffering. And we all stand together this one time then no one will get left behind. Stand up for life. STAND UP FOR LOVE
      Sincerely yours,
      Reigno Jose Dilao
      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

These photos are all over HK newspapers these days. I don't need to tell you what sentiments they invoke.
        Last edited by sinobball; 08-25-2010, 11:58 PM.
        aim low, score high

Comment

The Hostage crisis was an unfortunate and ill-fated incident
          I hope it won't happen again. God Bless the Philippines

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

These photos are all over HK newspapers these days. I don't need to tell you what sentiments they invoke.
            well, you cannot please everybody. certainly, no one should be forced to grieve just to please chinese authorities.on the other hand, i am terribly grieving for the senseless loss of human lives as "every man's death diminishes me". at the same time, i am terribly ashamed for the acts of some filipinos who are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The stupid police chief, along with his equally inept subordinates,should be immediately sacked for not cordoning off the crime scene right after the carnage.what's keeping the authorities from filing the proper administrative charges against these nincompoops?only noynoy knows for sure. heads should really roll and fast. allowing insensitive people to linger near the bus and have their photos taken is really unforgiveable, considering what had just transpired before that.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

This picture depicts adding insult to injury. Taking photo-ops at the crime scene? Gimme a break!
              Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Aquino orders formation of elite strike force

By Norman Bordadora
                Philippine Daily Inquirer
                First Posted 18:16:00 08/27/2010

Filed Under: hostage taking, Grandstand Hostage, Security (general), News
                MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino has ordered the creation of an “elite strike force” that could be quickly deployed anywhere in the country to address crisis situations such as the hostage incident that resulted in the deaths of eight Hong Kong tourists on Monday.

Secretary Herminio Coloma of the Presidential Communications and Operations Office said Mr. Aquino wants 200 troopers each from the Armed Forces and the PNP to compose the small but specialized unit.

Coloma said it was one of the measures that the President adopted after the Chief Executive himself saw how the Manila police bungled the rescue of the Hong Kong tourists held by a disgruntled former policeman, Rolando Mendoza.

“That is the immediate action that would be implemented on orders of the President,” Coloma said in an interview over radio station dzRH.

“This is a strong force, highly trained, with modern equipment and could be deployed in any area in the archipelago,” the communications secretary said.

Mr. Aquino himself said that he already talked with the chiefs of the military and of the police to form the elite unit.

He also indicated in an earlier news conference that it would be better to concentrate resources on a few highly trained soldiers than have the necessary logistics spread over too many Special Weapons and Tactics teams or SWAT units.

“So, I already discussed this with Director General Versoza, and also the Chief of Staff General David, that both of their units will be organized that will operate on a national basis but perhaps on a smaller scale so that we can properly maintain them,” President Aquino said.

The President indicated the country’s special operations teams already received training on dealing with crisis situations in such places as ships, planes and buses but adequate weaponry and ammunition remain an issue.

“(Instead) of spreading the resources to so many SWAT teams, there would be a principal unit for both the AFP and the PNP to work together especially against large-scale terrorist activity that would have the highest capability possible,” Mr. Aquino said.

Hayy Mr. Aquino, the Police has this elite unit called "SAF" or "Special Action Forces" which is much better equipped and has sufficient training compared to Manila's Pride. No need to for that "elite strike force" because the SAF guys have joint operations with the Military down south against the Terrorists (which are aligned with the Al Qaeda) and has training with USA military.

During hostage crisis, the SAF was already on stand-by near by to handle the situation but the Manila Police instead used their ill-equipped, poorly-trained Special Weapons and Tactics team.
                you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
                  Hayy Mr. Aquino, the Police has this elite unit called "SAF" or "Special Action Forces" which is much better equipped and has sufficient training compared to Manila's Pride. No need to for that "elite strike force" because the SAF guys have joint operations with the Military down south against the Terrorists (which are aligned with the Al Qaeda) and has training with USA military.

During hostage crisis, the SAF was already on stand-by near by to handle the situation but the Manila Police instead used their ill-equipped, poorly-trained Special Weapons and Tactics team.
                  hehehehe.. I think anyone with Counter Strike training and experience will qualify for his "elite strike force".. in that case, I'm in

He probably doesn't know what SAF... historically, SAF is the PC/PNP anti-coup unit and pretty much the most elite unit in the PNP.. unfortunately, the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad is favoured by the government to do the urban rescue operations

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
                    hehehehe.. I think anyone with Counter Strike training and experience will qualify for his "elite strike force".. in that case, I'm in

He probably doesn't know what SAF... historically, SAF is the PC/PNP anti-coup unit and pretty much the most elite unit in the PNP.. unfortunately, the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad is favoured by the government to do the urban rescue operations
                    this President is "puro papogi". (all talk) he's clueless. it's been more than two months since he assumed the post and we have not seen any positive reforms.

We already have SAF since McOy's tenure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Action_Force

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post

PNoy is not really cerebral enough. Lol.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

shoot, wait, atras, takbo. Philippine SWAT.

in english = shoot, wait, fall back, run.

anyway, it's quite one sided IMO. HK media and HK pipz are probably thinking we enjoy this.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                          shoot, wait, atras, takbo. Philippine SWAT.

in english = shoot, wait, fall back, run.

anyway, it's quite one sided IMO. HK media and HK pipz are probably thinking we enjoy this.

Another meaning of SWAT=Sugod, Wait, Atras, Tago. It means Attack, Wait, Fall Back, Take a Cover.
                          Sayang Wala Akong Training, it means Damn I don't have enough training.

LMFAO!
                          Last edited by dxjayrock2008; 08-28-2010, 04:07 AM. Reason: wrong spelling.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Calling PNP Special Action Force or Army Special Forces in action during the fatal hostage taking situation might not guarantee a successful operation (all hostages should be freed unharmed). It also requires a brilliant tactics and precise rescue plan. Just remember the infamous 2000 Sipadan kidnapping of several foreigners by abu sayyaf led by commander robot. The philippine military could not launch a tactical rescue operation not because of intensive global media coverage but it was hampered and constrained due to pressure from foreign governments out of fear *the armed forces of the phils (AFP) don't have the necessary skills & equipments, and brilliant military ground commanders to hammer out a successful rescue plan.

* according to french and german ambassador in manila.
                            “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                              Calling PNP Special Action Force or Army Special Forces in action during the fatal hostage taking situation might not guarantee a successful operation (all hostages should be freed unharmed). It also requires a brilliant tactics and precise rescue plan. Just remember the infamous 2000 Sipadan kidnapping of several foreigners by abu sayyaf led by commander robot. The philippine military could not launch a tactical rescue operation not because of intensive global media coverage but it was hampered and constrained due to pressure from foreign governments out of fear *the armed forces of the phils (AFP) don't have the necessary skills & equipments, and brilliant military ground commanders to hammer out a successful rescue plan.

* according to french and german ambassador in manila.

So you're recommending we should stick with the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad... or Abnoy's so-called "elite strike force" which is basically SAF with a new name..

sigpic

Comment

So you're recommending we should stick with the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad... or Abnoy's so-called "elite strike force" which is basically SAF with a new name..
                                Nope, i did not say that. Whats the point of having so many special forces in our police and military units if we don't have brilliant ground commanders nowadays in police and military. That was also the observation of leftwing nemesis "The Butcher" retired army major general Palparan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information