Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Accomplishments of P.Noy

shoot, wait, atras, takbo. Philippine SWAT.

in english = shoot, wait, fall back, run.

anyway, it's quite one sided IMO. HK media and HK pipz are probably thinking we enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    shoot, wait, atras, takbo. Philippine SWAT.

in english = shoot, wait, fall back, run.

anyway, it's quite one sided IMO. HK media and HK pipz are probably thinking we enjoy this.

Another meaning of SWAT=Sugod, Wait, Atras, Tago. It means Attack, Wait, Fall Back, Take a Cover.
    Sayang Wala Akong Training, it means Damn I don't have enough training.

LMFAO!
    Last edited by dxjayrock2008; 08-28-2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: wrong spelling.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donmar View Post
    hehehehe.. I think anyone with Counter Strike training and experience will qualify for his "elite strike force".. in that case, I'm in

He probably doesn't know what SAF... historically, SAF is the PC/PNP anti-coup unit and pretty much the most elite unit in the PNP.. unfortunately, the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad is favoured by the government to do the urban rescue operations
    Calling PNP Special Action Force or Army Special Forces in action during the fatal hostage taking situation might not guarantee a successful operation (all hostages should be freed unharmed). It also requires a brilliant tactics and precise rescue plan. Just remember the infamous 2000 Sipadan kidnapping of several foreigners by abu sayyaf led by commander robot. The philippine military could not launch a tactical rescue operation not because of intensive global media coverage but it was hampered and constrained due to pressure from foreign governments out of fear *the armed forces of the phils (AFP) don't have the necessary skills & equipments, and brilliant military ground commanders to hammer out a successful rescue plan.

* according to french and german ambassador in manila.

Quote Originally Posted by AlYuson View Post
    Calling PNP Special Action Force or Army Special Forces in action during the fatal hostage taking situation might not guarantee a successful operation (all hostages should be freed unharmed). It also requires a brilliant tactics and precise rescue plan. Just remember the infamous 2000 Sipadan kidnapping of several foreigners by abu sayyaf led by commander robot. The philippine military could not launch a tactical rescue operation not because of intensive global media coverage but it was hampered and constrained due to pressure from foreign governments out of fear *the armed forces of the phils (AFP) don't have the necessary skills & equipments, and brilliant military ground commanders to hammer out a successful rescue plan.

* according to french and german ambassador in manila.

So you're recommending we should stick with the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad... or Abnoy's so-called "elite strike force" which is basically SAF with a new name..

So you're recommending we should stick with the "Sorry Wala Akong Training" (SWAT) squad... or Abnoy's so-called "elite strike force" which is basically SAF with a new name..
    Nope, i did not say that. Whats the point of having so many special forces in our police and military units if we don't have brilliant ground commanders nowadays in police and military. That was also the observation of leftwing nemesis "The Butcher" retired army major general Palparan.

Quote Originally Posted by AlYuson View Post
    Nope, i did not say that. Whats the point of having so many special forces in our police and military units if we don't have brilliant ground commanders nowadays in police and military. That was also the observation of leftwing nemesis "The Butcher" retired army major general Palparan.

True.. too many elite units in both AFP and PNP yet pretty much share the same duties and very much ineffective as a result..

About commanders, military bureaucracy is too corrupt so when soldiers rose through the ranks, they become corrupt as well.. people wonders why junior officers are the one that always led an attempt coup in country and that simply because they can see that bureaucracy is corrupt.. and when you're a junior officer fresh out of the academy, fighting in the jungles, and pledge your duty to the country... finishing off your career in a corrupt bureaucracy is not good...

Palparan is best example of delusional soldiers still blinded of Cold War politics...

True.. too many elite units in both AFP and PNP yet pretty much share the same duties and very much ineffective as a result..

About commanders, military bureaucracy is too corrupt so when soldiers rose through the ranks, they become corrupt as well.. people wonders why junior officers are the one that always led an attempt coup in country and that simply because they can see that bureaucracy is corrupt.. and when you're a junior officer fresh out of the academy, fighting in the jungles, and pledge your duty to the country... finishing off your career in a corrupt bureaucracy is not good...

Palparan is best example of delusional soldiers still blinded of Cold War politics...

Palparan ran for senator unsuccessfully. If only he won last elections, he'll dissed Trillanes. Lol.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by obama2008 View Post
    Palparan ran for senator unsuccessfully. If only he won last elections, he'll dissed Trillanes. Lol.
    Hehehe... he's outnumbered if he ever get elected... remember the Senate includes not just Trillanes but also Honasan and his patron Enrile.. plus, Panfilo Lacson (himself one of the unknown participants of one of the 80s attempt coups).. those guys will surely be at odds simply because Palparan benefited so much by aligning himself with the constitutionalists soldiers while benefiting from the corrupt military bureaucracy..

Anyway, a guy like Palparan who can't distinguish the differences between legal moderate left and the extremist left (communists) doesn't deserve to be elected in the Senate...

Hehehe... he's outnumbered if he ever get elected... remember the Senate includes not just Trillanes but also Honasan and his patron Enrile.. plus, Panfilo Lacson (himself one of the unknown participants of one of the 80s attempt coups).. those guys will surely be at odds simply because Palparan benefited so much by aligning himself with the constitutionalists soldiers while benefiting from the corrupt military bureaucracy..

Anyway, a guy like Palparan who can't distinguish the differences between legal moderate left and the extremist left (communists) doesn't deserve to be elected in the Senate...

Yeah. We had enough of military pricks and brats in senate. Lol.

Road To Rio 2016.

Yeah. We had enough of military pricks and brats in senate. Lol.
    hehehe I think its much better.. at least they're participating and gaining power through democratic process without launching coups... but the irony is that most recent elected senators with military background (with the exception of former Senator Rodolfo Biazon) were involved at some point of their careers in a military coup attempt.. and in my opinion. the very reason why they get elected..

hehehe I think its much better.. at least they're participating and gaining power through democratic process without launching coups... but the irony is that most recent elected senators with military background (with the exception of former Senator Rodolfo Biazon) were involved at some point of their careers in a military coup attempt.. and in my opinion. the very reason why they get elected..

Especially the case of Trillanes, he's a freaking hypocrite. He exposed the illegal arms deal with the enemies of the republic, but he's the one who got involved in kidnappings and extortion activities.

Road To Rio 2016.

Jinggoy, Kris feel backlash of Hong Kong outrage
    GMANews.TV - Saturday, August 28SendIM StoryPrint.Even well-known personalities, including the sister of President Benigno Aquino III and the son of former president Joseph Estrada, had a taste of the growing backlash of outrage in the wake of Monday’s bloody hostage-taking in Manila, which left eight Hong Kong tourists and the Filipino hostage-taker dead. Senator Jose “Jinggoy" Estrada said his passport was thrown at him by an immigration officer upon his arrival at the Hong Kong International Airport on Friday. According to Estrada, the immigration officer was apparently incensed when he saw on the passport that the arriving visitor was a Filipino. Estrada however said that he chose to shrug off the incident since he understood the grief Hong Kong residents felt after the bloody incident four days ago.

This page requires a higher version browser

On August 23, dismissed police Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza hijacked a bus carrying 21 Hong Kong tourists and four Filipinos. After an 11-hour hostage drama, nine people died— the hostage-taker and eight Hong Kong tourists. (See: Hostage crisis ends in bloody carnage; 8 hostages dead) A Hong Kong-based human rights group earlier voiced concerns over reports that some Filipinos in the special Chinese region are already encountering signs of hostility after last Monday’s hostage tragedy. (See: Filipinos in HK feeling brunt of hostage crisis) Kris, too Presidential sister Kris Aquino-Yap said that she too experienced being shouted down by relatives of the survivors when she visited them last Tuesday. “Her name was Lee. Siya talaga ‘yung 25 to 30 minutes, dire-diretso niya akong (kinakausap). Minsan pasigaw. Pero okay lang," Kris said in an interview aired over GMA News' “24 Oras." (Her name was Lee. It was she who, for 25 to 30 minutes, talked to me non-stop. Sometimes she was shouting. But it’s okay.)

Relating the incident later to her brother, President Aquino, Kris described how she felt humbled. “Noy, alam mo, nanliit na talaga ako doon ng husto. It takes a lot of courage na humarap ka sa mga biktima," she said. (Noy, you know, I really felt so small at that point. It takes a lot of courage for you to face the victims.)

Like Senator Estrada, the President’s sister said too that she chose to just remain silent during the incident since she understood how the victim’s relative felt.

This page requires a higher version browser The Philippine government earlier appealed to the people of Hong Kong not to blame Filipinos residing in the territory for the deaths, since they are also “in grief" over the incident. (See: Palace appeal: Don't take it out on Pinoys in HK) An editorial in the South China Morning Post, a Hong Kong daily, also reminded its readers that Filipinos in the Chinese territory are the “wrong targets" of resentment over Monday’s incident. (See: Hatred toward Filipinos ‘smacks of racism’ — HK daily)

The three other sisters of President Aquino — Maria Elena “Ballsy" Cruz, Aurora Corazon “Pinky" Abellada and Victoria Eliza “Viel" Dee — meanwhile offered prayers and offered flowers on Friday at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila, where the ill-fated tourist bus was held hostage.—Andreo C. Calonzo/JV, GMANews.TV
    Poor Filipinos in HK. Even the upperclass are feeling the heat over there because of the incompetence of the few.If HK authorities cannot assure us that the hatred will only be directed to those directly responsible and not toward the millions of innocent filipinos who have nothing to do with it, then I say the DFA should issue an advisory to Filipino travellers that HK is not safe for the annual Christmas shopping.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/2010082...k-d6cd5cf.html
    Last edited by alien space bats; 08-28-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Instead of shopping in Hong Kong, buy your Christmas presents here in the Philippines. Lol.

Road To Rio 2016.

i saw in one of our co-forumer's facebook that two OFW's were killed in HK!

WTF?! who's more human now? the nice hostage taker that has turned into a madman because of faulty handling of situation or the HK citizens who are terribly overacting and killing innocent filipinos..damn they're crazy..

*you know what im talking about..
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Instead of shopping in Hong Kong, buy your Christmas presents here in the Philippines. Lol.
    yes it might help the economy but most of the items are still made in China hahaha
    you know why I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    yes it might help the economy but most of the items are still made in China hahaha

Lol. I don't even buy chinese products.

Road To Rio 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    i saw in one of our co-forumer's facebook that two OFW's were killed in HK!

WTF?! who's more human now? the nice hostage taker that has turned into a madman because of faulty handling of situation or the HK citizens who are terribly overacting and killing innocent filipinos..damn they're crazy..

*you know what im talking about..
    The killing of a couple OFW has not yet been confirmed as of press time. Even the acid throwing incident targeting a filipina in hongkong was found to be hoax.

Emotionally, we filipinos cannot be proud as better men. Remember the hanging of domestic helper Flor Comtemplacion in singapore during the ramos administration..even the innocent singaporeans who have nothing to do with the death of comtemplacion were threatened by retribution by many filipinos including our govt officials and one of them was no less than Davao City mayor rodrigo duterte himself.

Default Aquino to address UN on US visit

Aquino to address UN on US visit
    MANILA, Philippines – President Aquino will address the 65th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) when he visits the US from September 20 to 26, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.

In a report posted in the DFA's official website (http://dfa.gov.ph), Mr. Aquino is also set to meet his counterparts in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the US during the said visit.

His address to the 65th UNGA, a gathering of over 150 heads of State/Government in New York, will be the highlight of his visit, the report added. The President will also meet UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

“The theme of 65th UNGA, 'Reaffirming the Central Role of the United Nations in Global Governance,' is fully aligned with President Aquino's platform of institutionalizing good governance and combating poverty,” the DFA report said.

On the same day, the President will be coordinator for the 2nd ASEAN-US Leaders Meeting in New York. The Philippines currently serves as Country Coordinator for ASEAN-US Dialogue relations for the period of 2009 to 2012.

Mr. Aquino was originally scheduled to visit Indonesia and Vietnam first but the trips were deferred due to unforeseen domestic concerns. After consultations with Jakarta and Hanoi, the President's official visits to the two capitals are being rescheduled before or after the ASEAN Summit in Hanoi in October.

The ASEAN-US Leaders Meeting will also provide an occasion for President Aquino to meet not only with the ASEAN Leaders but also with the U.S. President.

The $434-million Millennium Challenge Compact agreement between the Philippine government and the US Millennium Challenge Corp. (MCC) is also expected to be signed in New York. This funding assistance will be channeled to the Aquino administration programs on poverty reduction, revenue generation and infrastructure development.

Mr. Aquino will also seize the opportunities presented by his US trip to achieve his government's priorities to attract investors, create jobs at home, alleviate poverty and modernize the country's infrastructure.

He will have business meetings with the CEOs and key executives of major US corporations in New York and San Francisco. These include meetings with the corporate leaders of Coach, Luen Thai, IBM, JP Morgan, Sutherland, Automatic Data Processing and Hewlett Packard.

The President will also meet with the members of the Filipino American community in New York and in San Francisco to thank them for their abiding love for their native land, share with them his vision for good governance, and enlist their active involvement in realizing the Aquino government's national agenda for the Filipino people.

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) estimated 2.84 million Filipinos in the US, which account for 34 percent of total overseas Filipinos and for 42 percent of remittances to the Philippines.

In San Francisco, he will have a roundtable discussion with Filipinos who have gained success in the US in the fields of science technology and engineering (ST&E) and request them to come home and help build the country.

Mr. Aquino and his delegation will leave San Francisco on September 26 and is scheduled to arrive in Manila on September 28. - (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)
    http://ph.news.yahoo.com/star/201009...t-541dfb4.html

Aquino Pushes International People Power vs. Global Inequality

As he made his debut on the world stage, President Benigno Aquino III pushed for a global version of Filipino People Power to battle inequality and promote equitable progress in the world.

Speaking before the 65th United Nations General Assembly in New York early Saturday (Manila time), Aquino said this can be achieved with dialogue, solidarity and communal responsibility.

“For so many times in our history, my people have shown that united, nothing is impossible. We call this People Power. It is my earnest hope and in the greatest interest of humanity that we harness the energies of dialogue, solidarity and communal responsibility so that a global people power towards equitable progress may be achieved," he said.

People Power was the social phenomenon that catapulted Aquino’s late mother Corazon to the presidency in 1986, when a bloodless uprising toppled strongman Ferdinand Marcos from power.

Mr. Aquino noted that in an increasingly globalized world, the challenges that nations face have become globalized as well.

These include climate change; pandemics; terrorism and weapons of mass destruction; transnational organized crime such as human trafficking and the illicit drug trade; the continuing vulnerability of migrants, women, persons with disabilities, and the poor; and the challenges posed by increasingly interconnected economies.

All of these call for a further strengthening of international cooperation, he stressed.

"All of us here, representing our respective nations, are stewards entrusted with the well-being of our respective peoples. We are also called to be responsible and responsive members of the community of nations. Clearly, we are already aware that the problem of one poses a problem for all. Any solution, then, depends on us recognizing that each of our nations does not exist in a vacuum, but rather, in an increasingly interdependent global milieu," he said.

“The central revelation here is that for humanity to progress, all nations must progress as one. The quest for universal human dignity should not be defined by geographical, racial, or cultural boundaries, nor should it be set back by our desires to move our own nations forward. Global progress means equitable progress," he added.

In the global stage, he said, “the battle against inequality requires balance of both from those in authority to be conscious of our responsibility to our own people and of our duties to regions and the globe."

“Already we are witnessing a rethinking of traditional paradigms, a shifting of our focus towards ensuring the global system does not leave anyone behind," he said.

On the other hand, he said that while the Philippines and other developing countries benefit from the aid of the wealthier nations, they will not be passive players in pushing progress.

“This is what our people put us in power for. This is what the world expects of us as leaders, to be exemplars of what it is to be compassionate human beings and vanguards of hope for our common humanity," he said.

He called on his fellow leaders to promote hope that allows them to break down walls of destruction which may take the form of intolerance, fear or violence.

“It is the same hope that leads us to gather in this hall as our predecessors did. It is the same hope that will give our generation of leaders the strength to elevate this global assembly to a place where collectively the nations of the world could find ways to make a better life possible for all," he said.

In the Philippines, he said his administration had pledged to channel the gains from public-private partnerships to improve social services like health, education and poverty alleviation.

Meanwhile, Aquino said developing nations need support in the adaptation and disaster risk reduction efforts and in having the necessary resources to produce climate-resilient communities.

This should go hand in hand with ambitious commitments by major economies to significantly reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, he said.

Greatest challenges of our times

Believing that social justice is the most basic humanitarian challenge at present, Aquino said the world must move further along the straight and righteous path of compassion and communal responsibilities.

“The message is clear. There are those who need help and acting with compassion towards those who need help is a response that is both humane and necessary. This idea has been trumpeted for decades and yet combating inequality remains one of the greatest challenges of our times. The chasm between the powerful and powerless, the have and have-nots, remain to be bridged," he said.

Also, Aquino said individual countries must allow private enterprises to thrive but ensure they remain aware of their social responsibilities.

“This does not mean a cumbersome and intrusive government but rather a government that allows private enterprise to thrive while ensuring they remain cognizant of their social responsibilities and empowers them in turn towards fulfilling [their social] responsibilities," he said.
    LBG, GMANews.TV

Aquino Boasts of $2.7-B Investment Pledge from U.S.

President Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Aquino III on Monday boasted of obtaining, with a lean Philippine delegation, a $2.7-billion investment pledge from United States firms.

Aquino revealed his delegation's achievement at a Sunday Mass (Monday morning in Manila) attended by members of various Filipino organizations at the Basilica of Mission Dolores in San Francisco, California.

“In Church we are taught to be humble, I’m sorry ... but we will be bringing home (up to) $2.7 billion in new investments," he said in his remarks shortly after the Mass.

“We have made the most out of this (trip) and without (a) bloated delegation spending lavishly along the way," Aquino said.

His predecessor, former President and incumbent Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was known for her large entourage in her official trips abroad. She was also highly criticized for the lavish dinners they had during those trips.

45 meetings in six days

Aquino said, in the last six days of his US visit, his delegation has had success in 45 meetings, “all for the betterment of our people."

He admitted that he was reluctant at first to go to the US because he believed “foreign travels are expensive and we need focus on reforms at home."

This page requires a higher version browser

“(But) my economic managers assured me that the trip to the US will be extremely beneficial to our country ... And I am happy to share with you the news that we are returning home with very substantial commitments," he said.

He also expressed optimism about the business proposals made by prospective American investors, saying employment opportunities will improve the living standards of the Filipinos.

“We are now at the stage of revitalizing our nation. Time and again we have proven to the world that if united nothing is impossible for us Filipinos," he said.

Aquino asks for prayers

The Mass capped Aquino’s weeklong working visit to the US. He asked Filipinos in the US to pray for him and the nation.

“May I ask you further ... please pray for me and for the entire nation as we move forward to forge a future worthy of our church. Let us keep working to stay on the straight path where peace and progress await us," he said.

After the Mass, Aquino was scheduled to participate in a town-hall meeting style interview, then depart for the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel at Burlingame, California.

The government-run dzRB radio said Aquino is scheduled to take a Philippine Airlines commercial flight (PR-104) at 1:30 p.m. (Manila time) for Manila and be home at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The Official Gazette website said the Filipinos present at the Mass included members of Filipino communities from Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington State and Wyoming.

The website said these Filipino-American communities are active advocates for Philippine development. – VVP, GMANews.TV
    http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/2010092...l-d6cd5cf.html

Where's the part where US leases us a squadron of F-16's?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast