The Accomplishments of P.Noy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Accomplishments of P.Noy

Tantararan! One month into P.Noy's presidency, i am wondering what has he accomplished so far?
    I know for a fact that he's not yet moved his stuff from their times home to malacanang. Did i hear b3lwzro sneezing OCD!!!! ?

anyway, i think it's a good idea to post here all of p.noy's accomplishments (both good and bad) so that way we'll have some sort of data to gauge noy with as president.

ASB, what's your opinion?
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I read that:

So far, he has stopped the abuse of some of the Government Officials / Private Citizens on using Road Sirens and Car Blinkers as traffic hazards. I'm not sure if those things are still in circulation.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats View Post
        Tantararan! One month into P.Noy's presidency, i am wondering what has he accomplished so far?
        I know for a fact that he's not yet moved his stuff from their times home to malacanang. Did i hear b3lwzro sneezing OCD!!!! ?

anyway, i think it's a good idea to post here all of p.noy's accomplishments (both good and bad) so that way we'll have some sort of data to gauge noy with as president.
        What an idiot.. we or any protesters could easy storm his house at Times than in Malacanang (the most secured house in the country)..

His accomplishment so far is for "saint-ing" his late mother (R.I.P. Cory) and "nothing" at all... I mean the "Death of Our Nation Address" said it all: excuses! complaints! same old anti-Arroyo slogans! and no solution!...

sigpic

Comment

I haven't really followed the Philippines presidential elections but i'm assuming that president Beingno was voted "in power" becuase the Pinoy population and people really loved his mother the late Cory Acquino (RIP) and it was more of a sympathy and empathy vote to bring him in power.
          I don't know this is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            I haven't really followed the Philippines presidential elections but i'm assuming that president Beingno was voted "in power" becuase the Pinoy population and people really loved his mother the late Cory Acquino (RIP) and it was more of a sympathy and empathy vote to bring him in power.
            I don't know this is just my opinion.

My fellow pinoys voted for PNoy because they've been fooled by his campaign promises that he will not steal anything from the nation's coffers and if there's no corruption, there's no poverty. Lol.
            Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

its too early to tell right now, im giving him 6 months before I rate his performance.

Right now, I think what he did was he found an excuse if ever he gets late to an official meeting or whatnot.
              you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
                its too early to tell right now, im giving him 6 months before I rate his performance.

Right now, I think what he did was he found an excuse if ever he gets late to an official meeting or whatnot.

He made a mistake of banning sirens AKA wang-wang.
                Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Noynoy sacks PAGASA Chief

Aquino sacks PAGASA chief

By Norman Bordadora
                  Philippine Daily Inquirer
                  First Posted 16:42:00 08/06/2010

Filed Under: Benigno Aquino III, Weather, Government, Government offices & agencies

MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino has announced the replacement of weather bureau chief Prisco Nilo after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s gaffe in forecasting the track of Typhoon "Basyang."

Science Undersecretary Graciano Yumul has been named to head the PAGASA in the interim.

“He should have taken seriously the fact that they were way off the mark,” Mr. Aquino told reporters in an informal briefing in Malacañang Friday.

He was referring to the onslaught of Basyang when PAGASA predicted a higher northwestern track for the typhoon over Luzon but the weather disturbance followed a path that hit even Metro Manila south of Central Luzon.

“He never really bothered to explain,” the President said of the PAGASA chief.

Aside from the PAGASA’s own but dated equipment, Mr. Aquino said the weather bureau could have also consulted data from other weather bureaus such as those of the US and the nearer Japan.

“He will be returned to the (career executive service officer) pool,” Mr. Aquino said of Nilo.

Comment

Aquino sacks PAGASA chief

By Norman Bordadora
                    Philippine Daily Inquirer
                    First Posted 16:42:00 08/06/2010

Filed Under: Benigno Aquino III, Weather, Government, Government offices & agencies

MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino has announced the replacement of weather bureau chief Prisco Nilo after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s gaffe in forecasting the track of Typhoon "Basyang."

Science Undersecretary Graciano Yumul has been named to head the PAGASA in the interim.

“He should have taken seriously the fact that they were way off the mark,” Mr. Aquino told reporters in an informal briefing in Malacañang Friday.

He was referring to the onslaught of Basyang when PAGASA predicted a higher northwestern track for the typhoon over Luzon but the weather disturbance followed a path that hit even Metro Manila south of Central Luzon.

“He never really bothered to explain,” the President said of the PAGASA chief.

Aside from the PAGASA’s own but dated equipment, Mr. Aquino said the weather bureau could have also consulted data from other weather bureaus such as those of the US and the nearer Japan.

“He will be returned to the (career executive service officer) pool,” Mr. Aquino said of Nilo.

Wrong move Mr. President!

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
                      Wrong move Mr. President!
                      like how wrong? can you elaborate?
                      you know why I am happy

Comment

I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had hosted an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

Instead of wooing the media, P-Noy should have coordinated with various agencies such as NDCC and National Defense Agencies (AFP, AFP) on the status of the storm. Luckily, Basyang had minimal damage compared to Ondoy and Rosing. Lesson learned.
                        Last edited by CKR13; 08-11-2010, 05:28 AM.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had been hosting an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

Instead of wooing the media, P-Noy should have coordinated with various agencies such as NDCC and National Defense Agencies (AFP, AFP) on the status of the storm. Luckily, Basyang had minimal damage compared to Ondoy and Rosing. Lesson learned.

His biggest challenge right now is the Hacienda Luisita.. from the massacre to the land/farm rights... somehow, his opposition of a non-Aquino (himself) appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court paint some picture because he needs a "crony" to run the Supreme Court when the Hacienda Luisita issue comes up...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                            I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had hosted an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

I'd rather see P-Noy giving a larger budget to PAGASA (and all DOST agencies). One cannot expect better weather forecasting if the government does not upgrade PAGASA's equipment and give incentives for meteorologists to stay here. In fact, no university offers a meteorology course here.

Science does not need to be tainted by politics.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                              I'd rather see P-Noy giving a larger budget to PAGASA (and all DOST agencies). One cannot expect better weather forecasting if the government does not upgrade PAGASA's equipment and give incentives for meteorologists to stay here. In fact, no university offers a meteorology course here.

Science does not need to be tainted by politics.
                              Well said. I hope our fiscal status would allow that. I'm worried about my relatives in Marikina. Ondoy caught us napping literally.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information