Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Heat thread

I find this picture SO HILARIOUS.

Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

FB Connect

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post

Hahaha oh my I LOL'd. I'm also surpised the Heat was able to fill out that roster quite nicely with Miller, House, and Arroyo. I'm concerned though about the possible front court matchup with Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and Ratliff.

The three legends of basketball are now officially joined the Heat Bandwagon. Lol.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

I guess the only one that is "fairly comparable" to that trio is wade = jordan
    Magic is a clutch player.. unlike ehem... the "preciousssss" king
    and Bird can play D, unlike Bosh.

Default Miami Heat Pre-Season Games

The Miami HEAT's Pre-Season games has been partially announced:

October 5 DET @MIA

October 8 MIA vs OKC @Kansas City

October 22 MIA vs ORL @St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa Bay FL.
    Sacramento Kings

Jeff Van Gundy has been turned into a believer.

"They will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. ``And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

``They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,''

``There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will."
    One of the reasons we'll hate them more?
    Sacramento Kings

The new Kings of South Beach

Miami HEAT draft pick DaSean Butler has been given the chance to be signed by the HEAT as Butler was invited to the HEAT's training camp.

Since Jarvis Varnado will be playing in the NBDL, the final spot for the rookie spot on the HEAT's roster will be contested by Butler, Patrick Beverley and Kenny Hasbrouck.

The main disadvantage of Butler is he is still not 100% after the ACL injury sustained in the NCAA.
    Sacramento Kings

Default Miami HEAT 2010-2011 Regular Season Schedule

Sacramento Kings

Default HEAT Announces 2010-11 Regular Season Schedule

MIAMI, August 10 – The Miami HEAT announced its 2010-11 regular season schedule today. The 82-game schedule consists of 41 home dates, all at AmericanAirlines Arena, and 41 road contests, and runs from October 26, 2010 through April 13, 2011. The HEAT will make 29 national television appearances, with Miami appearing 10 times on TNT, 10 times on ESPN, five times on ABC and four times on NBA TV. Sun Sports will air 70 HEAT game broadcasts locally, all in high definition.
    Miami kicks off its 23rd season when it travels to Boston to face the Celtics at 7:30PM on Tuesday, October 26. This marks the seventh time in franchise history that the team will open the season on the road, and the first time it will face the Celtics on opening night. The HEAT continues its road slate on October 27 when they travel to Philadelphia to play the 76ers at 7PM. Miami plays its first home contest on Friday, October 29 at 8PM against the Orlando Magic.
    The schedule features several exciting match-ups, including a visit by Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and the 2010 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers on March 10 at 8PM. Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and the Boston Celtics visit Miami on November 11 (8PM) and April 10 (3:30PM), while Amar’e Stoudamire and the New York Knicks visit Miami on December 28 (7:30PM) and February 27 (8PM). The first pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, John Wall, and the Washington Wizards will visit Miami on November 29 (7:30PM) and February 25 (7:30PM). Miami will travel to Los Angeles to play the Lakers in a Christmas Day matchup at 2PM (local time), marking the seventh time overall that Miami has played on Christmas Day, and the sixth time in the last seven years. The HEAT will also host the Golden State Warriors in a New Year’s Day contest at 7:30PM.
    The HEAT’s longest homestand will be two six-game stretches from November 6-19 and March 6-16. Miami’s longest road trip is a five-game excursion from January 7-15. Additionally, the HEAT will play 19 back-to-backs; one more than last season.
    Miami will have 10 home games each in the months of November and March. The month in which Miami plays the highest number of games is December when the HEAT hits the hardwood 16 times. The month the HEAT is on the road the most is December, with 10 games away from AmericanAirlines Arena.
    Because the Miami HEAT has sold out of its existing season ticket inventory for the 2010-11 season, the best way for HEAT fans to secure an opportunity to purchase an All You Can HEAT Partial Ticket Plan is to sign up for the HEAT Hopefuls Waiting List by providing a $100 non-refundable per seat deposit with a four-seat maximum. Members of the HEAT Hopefuls Waiting List will have the first opportunity to purchase the limited partial plan inventory when it goes on sale next week before any such opportunities are made available to the general public. To become a part of the HEAT Hopefuls, fans can email seasons@heat.com or click here. The 2010-11 All You Can HEAT Partial Ticket Plan is scheduled to be unveiled the week of August 16.
    The Miami HEAT is proud to have ASSIST-CARD as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2010-11 season.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

LeBron James said on his twitter:

KingJames:"Don't think for one minute that I haven't been keeping mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone,"
    Sacramento Kings

Quote:
    KingJames:"Don't think for one minute that I haven't been keeping mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone,"
    LeBron James said on his twitter:

Just listen to the words of wisdom from the legends of the game Lebron.

Road To Rio 2016.

The Heat add CSKA Moscow to their preseason schedule for October 12th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/9217849
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    The Heat add CSKA Moscow to their preseason schedule for October 12th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/9217849

Beat The Heat my comrades! Lol.

Road To Rio 2016.

Watch out for the Lakers! HAHAHA

There should be more friendly matches between the top teams in NBA and Euroleague. Both leagues will learn from each other and they must have that cross-cultural exchange of ideas in basketball.

Road To Rio 2016.

Udonis Haslem has been charged with illegal drug possession of Marijuana according to reports. Haslem and his passenger were halted by a traffic enforcer and after investigation were caught with Marijuana.
    Sacramento Kings

Udonis Haslem has been charged with illegal drug possession of Marijuana according to reports. Haslem and his passenger were halted by a traffic enforcer and after investigation were caught with Marijuana.

Wrong move Mr. Haslem.

Road To Rio 2016.

Default From hoopsworld.com.

Chris Bosh's Toronto Raptors Legacy

By: Stephen Brotherston Last Updated: 8/17/10 11:56 AM ET |

For many fans in Toronto, the memory of Chris Bosh has quickly become that of yet another American All-Star basketball player who fled Canada for the comfort and familiarity of playing in his native United States. Bosh was just one more kid who couldn't handle how "different" living in Canada was for six months out of the year. Who knew the metric system was that scary?

Maybe NBA Commissioner David Stern's dream of invading Europe and Asia is really still generations away from reality?

But Bosh, like Vince Carter before him, spent seven years north of the US border and opted to sign a free agent deal with the Raptors before taking his talents south. At least Bosh honored the full measure of his contract instead of whining his way out of town mid-season. Maybe that is what should influence Raptors fans to boo or not to boo Bosh on his return next season.

During their stay in Toronto, both Bosh and Carter wrote themselves into the Raptors record books for the long-term. Bosh's Raptors legacy includes taking the franchise's most shots and the most free throws, grabbing the most rebounds, scoring the most points, and having the most turnovers.

But Bosh wasn't Toronto's best scorer, that honor stays with Carter's 23.4 points per game, and he wasn't the Raptors best rebounder, that honor belongs to Donyell Marshall who grabbed 23.5 percent of the available defensive boards while he was in Toronto and arguably Kris Humphries who tore down 16.4 percent of the available total rebounds in limited minutes. Bosh is seventh on this list of best rebounders.

Bosh does leave Toronto with some milestones that can never be taken away from him. Bosh was the first Raptor to score 10,000 points while on the team. Bosh was also the first Raptor to 4,000 rebounds and left the team just 224 short of 5,000.

Bosh's career mark of 10,275 points in Toronto is currently threatened only by the Raptors 2006 first overall draft pick Andrea Bargnani who should surpass Bosh's scoring mark in about four seasons. But Bargnani would have to average better than eight boards per game over the next five seasons to pass Bosh's rebounding mark, so that record may be safe for now.

For many, a player's ultimate legacy is determined in the playoffs, and the playoffs are one area that Bosh leaves Toronto with little to remember him by.

Forget the whining and excuses that the Raptors failed to surround Bosh with enough talent. This five-time All-Star only helped get Toronto to the post-season twice in his seven years there. Only once did Bosh lead the Raptors to more wins than losses in the regular season, and in the playoffs, they were handily dispatched in the first round each time.

In Bosh's one real chance at playoff success, he averaged just 17.5 points and 9.0 rebounds against an inferior New Jersey Nets team in 2007. That was after having the best regular season to that point in his career where he averaged 22.6 points and 10.7 rebounds.

Whether it is fair or unfair, Bosh's Toronto legacy includes an inability to lead his team to success.

Unfortunately, in his final season in Toronto, many fans will remember that it was Bosh who couldn't come through to provide the one more victory needed for another playoff appearance. The exclamation point should be game 76, a 112-113 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Toronto last April. With 2.9 seconds to go and the Raptors down by one point, Sonny Weems steals the Warriors in-bound pass under the basket and feeds a wide-open Bosh for the uncontested dunk to win the game. One could only conclude Bosh wasn't expecting his teammates to succeed in getting him the ball as he bricked it off the rim and the Raptors lost.

That one play illustrates why the Raptors haven't been a successful team, their best player didn't believe in his teammates. Whenever people remember Bosh struggling in a game but refusing to give up his possessions, whether it was conscious or not, it was because Bosh didn't trust in his team to get the job done.

No one should ever accuse Bosh of not working hard; after all, as Bosh himself explained, "On the back of my jersey it says Bosh!" He is proud young man who gave his best, but part of the Bosh legacy is that he didn't make the players around him better.

Of course, to be fair, Bosh did make a string of point guards look better and get richer; Rafer Alston, Mike James, T.J. Ford, and Jose Calderon should all have Bosh on their Christmas card list.

This summer, the Raptors ran hi-lights of Bosh's time in Toronto on RaptorsTV. If you watched closely and you would see what concerned many well informed fans about the Raptors willingness to give Bosh a six-year max deal.

When Bosh was new to the NBA, he could run and finish on the fast break and the skinny 19-year-old 6' 11" Bosh had the length to block shots and be an active defender. By his third season, Bosh had developed into a 20 point per game All-Star.

But what the more observant fan may have noticed was a sleeve that turned into a brace that became an appliance strapped to Bosh's knee. That monster of a brace that appeared on Bosh's knee when Jermaine O'Neal joined the team in 2008 was enough to make anyone take a second look. And after Bosh's second NBA season, he didn't run the same, his number of blocks dropped, and he never again breached 100 blocks in a season.

But concerns over the health of Bosh's knee were never used as an excuse for how Bosh or the team performed, and for all of his natural ability, it became apparent that Bosh wasn't going to carry the Raptors on his own, healthy or not. A conclusion even Bosh admitted to during this past season's player exit interview session.

Finally, what many NBA fans will remember from Bosh's seven years in Toronto will probably be his famous YouTube video Chris W Bosh - Send Me To New Orleans All Star Game 2008 and his twitter account. Bosh was a social networking success story; however that isn't the basketball legacy most players would choose to be remembered for.

With all this, what will this popular player's legacy be in Toronto?

After a period of reflection, the out-going Bosh will be remembered for his numerous personal accomplishments while in Toronto and little else. The ultimate feeling most fans will be left with will be one of disappointment. How could a five-time All-Star have accomplished so little, when it appeared that he had so much talent?

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0x0xvIThp

Road To Rio 2016.

Default From nba.com. Queen James, lol!

LeBron James heard what you, you and you said this summer and plans to use it as motivation.
    Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE via Getty Images

LeBron's much bigger than needing an enemies list

Posted Aug 17 2010 1:30PM
    LeBron James has been mentioned in the same sentence before with some pretty famous people. Like Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Kobe Bryant and, at times over the past six weeks or so, Madonna.

But thanks to James himself, we now can place him alongside another well-known fellow American: Richard Nixon.

After all, James' message to the culture via his Twitter account, back on Aug. 10, seemed to emanate from deep within the walls of the Watergate White House, time-stamped somewhere between Woodward and Bernstein rolling up their shirtsleeves and the Commander in Chief waving his big goodbye from the steps of the helicopter:

Don't think for one minute that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer, read James' tweet on his verified Twitter account, KingJames. And I mean everyone!

What does that sound like, if not someone feverishly at work compiling his own Nixonian enemies list? Now, we can have fun picturing James, holed up in his new $42 million Coral Gables mansion, flashing some "V" signs with both hands, acting all jowly and channeling Dan Aykroyd by way of John (Hoya Paranoia) Thompson in taking names in advance of kicking, er, butt. Back in Tricky Dick's days, there actually was a paper list of Nixon's political opponents, media threats and Hollywood liberals maintained by Presidential aides. Today, you've got to figure there's an app for that. The idea was to use governmental machinery -- think tax audits -- to punish Nixon's foes.

But LeBron James mentally making an enemies list? Really?

Remember who we're talking about here: James is one of the most gifted and fortunate persons on the face of the Earth. He has been shown almost nothing but love, respect and enthusiasm since back in his high school days, right through his selection as the no-brainer No. 1 pick in the 2003 NBA Draft. He logged seven season with what essentially was his hometown team, a kid from Akron giving to and getting back from the Cleveland Cavaliers enough that, if a lightning bolt found him tomorrow, he'd wind up in the Hall of Fame, championship rings be darned.

James has a new $110 million contract, staggering riches already banked, lucrative endorsement deals, happy and healthy kids, heavyweight pals (from Warren Buffet to Jay-Z) and did we mention that $42 million oceanfront home? Also, don't forget that when this summer began, James was almost universally admired, one of the rare pro athletes who heard cheers both at home and on the road. That has changed now -- one NBA stop in particular figures to be brutal on Dec. 2 and March 29 -- but not to the point where the league's most talented and versatile player has to respond in kind.

Chris Bosh, one of James' many new teammates with the Miami Heat, talked in a recent ESPN interview about James' Blackberryed shot across his naysayers' bows. "He just used it as fuel to do well next season," the Heat's power forward said. "We're all aware of what we do and how critics can be out there sometimes. Some guys, they pay attention to it, some guys don't. He just used it to fuel his ambition to win next year."

James, though, isn't just some guy. The sort of guys who need to prove people wrong are the ones who have been slighted, neglected and under-estimated from the get-go. Early in Gilbert Arenas' NBA career, for example, he famously maintained a "hit list" -- a bad term these days for him, but more of a fun-loving thing at the time -- of the teams whose general managers let him slide all the way into the second round, No. 30 overall, in the 2001 draft.

As he went through the league in his first two seasons with Golden State, Arenas used his list as inspiration to show those teams what they might have had. It worked well enough that Arenas earned the Most Improved Award in 2002-03 and after just two seasons -- benefiting from contract freedom that first-round picks didn't have -- was one of the league's most highly sought free agents.

Now, of course, as Arenas tries to reassimilate to the Washington Wizards and reclaim those happier days when his gimpy knees were a bigger issue than his dubious behavior, he needs to be focusing more on a gratitude list. As in Whew, the $80 million left on my contract still is intact.

Guys like Kwame Brown ought to have an enemies list as he struggles to find an NBA home and career. Or Adam Morrison or Darko Milicic. Maybe Greg Oden has one, dripping with the names of orthopedists. Kobe Bryant surely must have one, the way he burns, even though he doesn't need one. Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady and Shaquille O'Neal might have enemies lists, even if the only names on them are -- respectively -- Iverson, McGrady and O'Neal.

Michael Beasley apparently has an enemies list that includes more than the team that purged him in its pursuit of James, Wade and Bosh this summer. Asked recently by Jonah Ballow of Timberwolves.com if he would be circling Miami on his new club's schedule, the wayward No. 2 pick from 2008 said: "I'm going to put a big circle around the whole NBA. I feel like I've been counted out, my first two season in the NBA. They might not have been perfect. but I'm proud of them. I went to a 15-win team and [I'm] averaging 45 wins in my short career. ... I feel like I should get a little more recognition for that. But it's life."

Beasley's critics will get to press the reset button this season now that he's back with a 15-win team. If Minnesota averages 45 victories over the next two seasons, he wins and those critics lose.

James, though, doesn't need any of that. He can be fueled by his own desire for a championship, the obligation he has to max out his marvelous skills, the bond he feels with Wade and Bosh and the duty he surely must feel after hearing Heat president Pat Riley's zealous pitches. Proving people wrong? Bah, that's too negative and base to be dragging around through an NBA season or career.

All James needs to do is to produce on the court, make even people outside Miami happy about buying tickets to watch him play basketball and greet the 2010-11 season with a bulletproof sense of fun and humor. If he does that, even Charles (Punk Move) Barkley might soften in his assessment of the Miami decision and enemies list.

James' best approach now is to just step away from the Blackberry, yuk it up a little with Chuck and aim for that Big O season of triple-doubles.

Steve Aschburner has written about the NBA for 25 years. You can e-mail him here and follow him on twitter.

The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.

Road To Rio 2016.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast