No announcement yet.

New "Mediterranean League"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this idea is awful.It would kill the domestic championships once and for all with no hope of ever coming back.
    Ok,Maybe the rest of greek teams are not strong,but they are still teams and there is the only chance of ppl who don't live in the two big cities to watch some high level bball.
    It will also make euroleague so much less exciting-since it will be almost the same with med league.
    I'm fully against this idea and hope it just remains a wild dream of Vassilakopoulos.
    This is a plan in completely the wrong direction to make basketball stronger in Greece imo.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

Hmmm hard desicion. The idea sounds great in one way. Only that I would prefer it to be expanded including the entire continent. I mean just imagine, a league that contains the best teams in europe, kind of like NBA version of europe. With 18-20 teams. There will be no euroleague and this league will be over all. The teams attending this continental league or however it would be called will not participate in local leagues. The local leagues will be like 2nd division leagues of the continental league, with teams competing to take part in the continental league. I would have loved it if it was like this. Sounds great in one way. On the other hand yes I agree local leagues would totally die. It's bad but nothing like the end of the world. I mean look at the current situation, in Turkey everybody knows it will again be an efes-fb ülker playoff final. Any combination apart from that would be a surprise. Perhaps the same is true in Greek league for oly and pao. Taking some top teams out and gathering them in a different league over all the leagues, yes it sounds exciting. Might be worth trying but as someone has mentioned there's no turning back from it.
      One trophy is always better than no trophies
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inm7muXAnIM

Comment

Pointless...

Comment

it's a very nice idea though it would kill national leagues for sure.
          Without strong national leagues you can't build strong players. For instance if your best teams particiapted in such a tournament no one will follow the national league anymore some teams and all those rich guys supporting the other teams will just quit basketball. Your national team will slowly get destroyed. I mean a team of half foreigners can't build a true national team. A championship would be better.

I hope one day one of our teams will get invited. We have riyadi/sagesse/mouttahed able to participate and somehow compete in the early stages as a beginning. It will surely improve our game. But once again talking as a championship and not a league. Or else gd by lebanese basketball.
          Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Mediterranean League Project

I am guessing most of you have heard of the mediterranean league project. here is a an updated detailed article.
            sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

I hope that it will happen.
              Not only the Greek League is dead. The Israeli's one, too.

I wish that MTA will leave the Garbage League here and joing the Mediterranean League.
              2022/2023:
              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade View Post
                I am guessing most of you have heard of the mediterranean league project. here is a an updated detailed article.
                No Italian teams, no French teams. Let's call it 'eastern mediterenean league'

Comment

So the 12 teams to start for the Mediterranean Basketball Association (MBA) will obviously be:

1. Panathinaikos
                  2. Olympiacos
                  3. Aris
                  4. Fenerbahce
                  5. Efes
                  6. Besiktas
                  7. Partizan
                  8. Maccabi Tel Aviv
                  9. Hapoel Jerusalem
                  10. Keravnos
                  11. Qhatari champions
                  12. Lukoil Academic

That is a much better league than the Spanish ACB League.

Comment

This league will never happen... I don't know from where enthusiasm comes from?

Comment

I truly don´t understand some people´s lack of vision. The Med League is a great a idea. The only way fans can see high level competitive basketball throughout the year.

The smaller national leagues will become more competitive because the giants will be playing in their own league. Simple as that.

If people in those countries want to see high level basketball, they´ll have to go to a big city. It´s normal.
                      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

I like the idea and I hope it would be a reality. But better an "Eastern Med League" as s-e-e said.

Edit: 12 teams are few...

I've got a question. Isn't there any option for the teams to not skipping the regular season of their leagues? As in Baltic...
                        FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
                        EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
                          I like the idea and I hope it would be a reality. But better an "Eastern Med League" as s-e-e said.

Edit: 12 teams are few...

I've got a question. Isn't there any option for the teams to not skipping the regular season of their leagues? As in Baltic...
                          I really don't know how the regulations will be if the organisation would ever come real, but I personally think the contending teams should be totally out of their local leagues. Because this league aims;
                          1) to gather top teams of the region to create a higher quality league
                          2) to bring competition back to local leagues, those seem to be turkish, greek and israeli leagues.

To be honest I don't think it will be very attractive where bulgarian, cypriot etc teams will be involved (no offending) but no italian or french.

Comment

Why would turkish teams want to join?Turkish league is quite competitive nowadays,no?

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post

The smaller national leagues will become more competitive because the giants will be playing in their own league. Simple as that.
                              yes, but it will be very week league, getting worse evrey year

trough adriatic league expiriance gap betwenen nlb teams and those in national league is incrising evry year, and not because nlb teams are much better, but because teams from national league are getting worse. that makes national basketball depend on 2-4 clubs. in croatia in last 3 years there was only one lose of nlb team, and that wose broke split, whille loses with 50 points becoming normal fore those in nlb. nlb cose lack of intrest in national league, players in league that play there don't have proper competition so thy develop worse and slower, whille sponsors don't show intrest to invest in clus so avreage players that could be ok in such a league rather go to some other leagues like slovaki, poland, or 2nd french league etc...same situation is in serbia.......now our countries are to small to have strong domestic leagues so one nlb is logic solution and with adding 2nd league things should gett better trough years and base will incrise to 4-8 clubs, from 2-4 wich is ok for small countries like ours.......but i see big problems i big countries like greece or turkey
                              Last edited by Levenspiel; 01-15-2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: just edited the quote marks.
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

and sth else.Pao-Osfp wednesday's game had HUGE ratings,like 1.5 millions viewers.Couldn't believe it when i read it.Euroleague games which are broadcasted by the same station come nowhere near this.Good luck attracting this kind of viewers for a regular season mediterranean league game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information