Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best looking uniform?

Default The best looking uniform?

Who do you think has the best looking uniform in this edition of the World Championships?

Here's my top 3:

1. Turkey (white version) - for me, I love simplicity that's why the '04 Greek Team's one is one of my favourite of all time alongside the 2000 Team USA uniform (probably my favourite of all time).
    2.New Zealand (black version)
    3.Italy (white version)

How about the ugliest?

Here's my bottom 3:

1. Greece (White version)
    2. Italy (Blue version)
    3. Lithuania (Green version)
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

imo , greece nt,
    faith in PAOK 06-07
    PAOK WILL WIN!!!!!!WAIT assoyo JOIN!!!!!!!

Argentinian "celeste y blanca" is my favourite in any competition (both basketball and football) - a very nice combination of colours!

I also like the Croatian "red chess" - always stands out from the crowd and quite elegant! A pity they are not in WC (we will take a revenge on Spaniards for them! )

The Lithuanian green-yellow colour scheme is "too Australo/Brazilian", but we are such a warm, sunny country!

I liked Nigeria - players and jerseys 100 per cent black, only white letters NIGERIA visible! Impressive, just like BMW!

All jerseys without advertisements

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

Quick comments:

The new Nike template adopted by Lith, Ger and Fra is OK but it particularly fits the german colours.

I don't like the fonts used in the greek jerseys. Last year during the EB the greek jerseys were pure quality with the country's name in small (ancient greek) fonts at the front. Now they have those massive (American-style) fonts in the front that look horrible. Even worse are the fonts for the player numbers which are tiny and look out of place.

Turkey: Adidas seems reluctant to make big changes to their jerseys, they almost feel the same as they ones Turkey had in the last WC...

China: Quality, I like the chinese-looking font of the country's name.

Nigeria: If it was a european team to wear such NCAA-looking strips I would have hated it but given that it's NIgeria, I will let them off. They look good.

Argentina. Unique design, all that needs to be said.

Spain: Unique design (as the spaniards always do) but I have to admit I don't like this one too much. Maybe it's Gasol's fault too as I can't stand looking at him with all this untrimmed beard.

Aus/Braz: Different jerseys but I have the same comment for both: Too complex jerseys with many and/or non-matching ads. Especially the red ad on the Australian strip makes you wanna puke.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoo
    All jerseys without advertisements

i agree my friend.The most wise think i heard today
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

lebanon ,... simple red .. white on all edges ..

no advertisements only LEBANON written in the middle

and the cedar (the cedar is found on our flag) drawn on their hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia
    3. Lithuania (Green version)
    Actually I hate this one too. I started to dislike our green jersey since the secondary white color, used for "Lietuva" record and ornaments, was changed to yellow (Olympics '04).

For me, the greatest Lithuanian jersey ever was in Stokholm '03, with no sponsor banner on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by sashikas
    For me, the greatest Lithuanian jersey ever was in Stokholm '03, with no sponsor banner on the front.
    Surely not... That was a plain white t-shirt with "Lietuva" written with the smallest and lamest font ever, and looked as if it was printed in a local custom t-shirt shop for £1.50 a piece. Not to mention the absence of any kind of logo/flag...
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    Surely not... That was a plain white t-shirt with "Lietuva" written with the smallest and lamest font ever, and looked as if it was printed in a local custom t-shirt shop for £1.50 a piece. Not to mention the absence of any kind of logo/flag...
    Well, maybe I like minimalism

I started to dislike our green jersey since the secondary white color, used for "Lietuva" record and ornaments, was changed to yellow (Olympics '04).
    Our oppinion is totally different For me, our green jersey looks the best

EDIT: I would really like to change our white jersey to yellow one, like all our sport teams and not only teams, athletics for example etc... Why white? We don't have such color in our flag, white color have nothing to do with Lithuania IMO
    Last edited by adebisi; 08-28-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Actually I hate this one too. I started to dislike our green jersey

I second that, i simply hate Lithuanian green jerseys. Why can't we have orange ones instead for example ? Why why we always stick with this awfull green color.....

Were Lithuania orange, it would be the Netherlands (God forbid being the Netherlands in basketball!). And I hate Lithuanian football orange jerseys - looks like the miners club "Shakhter" from Donetsk of Ukraine, terrible...

I don't know what's wrong with green colour? It's not my favourite, but its absolutely ok.

You guys have no taste

I wish Bulgaria was playing in green instead of red (or at least add some green features to the predominant red jerseys we currently have). Even the blue and white jerseys the bulgarian NT used to wear in the 90's were better than the red ones we got now.

Quote Originally Posted by adebisi
    EDIT: I would really like to change our white jersey to yellow one, like all our sport teams and not only teams, athletics for example etc...
    Yeah, maybe let's just wear australian jerseys...
    Why white? We don't have such color in our flag, white color have nothing to do with Lithuania IMO
    As well, as there is no blue colour in Italian flag, there is no orange in Dutch one.

What?1? No one here likes the USA jersey???? i think they are cool...Nike now makes threads forUSA Basketball...maybe the best US jersey after the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and the 2000 Sydney Olympics that featured the wide shoulder model....but having the big bold "USA" letters on your chest ain't really that appealing nowadays noh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adebisi
    Why white? We don't have such color in our flag, white color have nothing to do with Lithuania IMO
    Green and yellow has nothing to do with Lithuanian historical colours either. I think silver, gold and red were the colours used in our flags a long time ago. (you shouldn't trust my historical facts, my memory sucks so I might have messed up something here ) However I don't think the uniforms should be made only from the flag colours. I wouldn't have problems even if our uniform was orange, of course only if it looked fine. I wish Lithuania got one of those skeleton logos on their official uniform, at least the colours wouldn't look so ugly then.

I don't know what's wrong with green colour? It's not my favourite, but its absolutely ok.
    Green colour is ok, but why did they choose the ugliest shade of green out of all possible "greens"?

Quote Originally Posted by YYY
    Green colour is ok, but why did they choose the ugliest shade of green out of all possible "greens"?
    IMO our jerseys look ok, at least much better than the ones back in 2003 with ugly pancake with number written on it on the middle of the chest, but not as good as the ones in 2004 OG. The latter I consider the best. Our green, IMO, looks much better than australian green or slovenian green. BTW can same slovenian explain why slovenian team wear green?

Actually I hate this one too. I started to dislike our green jersey since the secondary white color, used for "Lietuva" record and ornaments, was changed to yellow (Olympics '04).
    well, I love it. as well as the white one. these two are by far my favourite jerseys out there (though I might be subjective ). if there were no banners our jersey (the green one) would be perfect.

Spain's is pretty cool as well.

Argentina's, on the other hand, is the ombodiment of boredom. very bleak..

Quote Originally Posted by Civilis

I also like the Croatian "red chess" - always stands out from the crowd and quite elegant! A pity they are not in WC (we will take a revenge on Spaniards for them! )
    we are waiting for the EC in Spain to meet them once again.
    they say payback is a bitch...
    we'll have to wait and see

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast