Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/4: Argentina vs Turkey at 19:30 ???

@Jokinen

Thanks for the info about the coaches. Magnano was more the "poor" guy I think. Many fans started to admire him, because of his behaviour and love to the game. Just remember the first game against Serbia at the Olympics. He put a great show after the last second shot by Ginobili.

Back to topic:

Tanjevic said something very important: "I want to see our team at the level of this Argentinian team in the future". I think that's the way we have to follow. Of course you couldn't say that we will win this game, because there is a serious difference between those teams and it was good to see it for everybody.

Let's think a little bit different: If you are a player of the Turkish NT and you were eliminated a few minutes ago: Wouldn't you say "I'm proud of losing against Argentina"?

Quote Originally Posted by Akyol
    Let's think a little bit different: If you are a player of the Turkish NT and you were eliminated a few minutes ago: Wouldn't you say "I'm proud of losing against Argentina"?
    Akyol, what did the players actually say?
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

They have almost the same position. They played against a strong team and the key was that the team couldn't reject the tremendous gamespeed by Argentina. That would be the reason why the game got out of control from the first quarter til the end. So, they agree if you say "Turkey went down very quickly" but all of them are happy to be at this position and they still want to give everything to finish with a very good 5th place

Quote Originally Posted by Akyol
    They have almost the same position. They played against a strong team and the key was that the team couldn't reject the tremendous gamespeed by Argentina. That would be the reason why the game got out of control from the first quarter til the end. So, they agree if you say "Turkey went down very quickly" but all of them are happy to be at this position and they still want to give everything to finish with a very good 5th place
    I' have to say I'm really surprised about the youth and talent of Turkey, HUGE future, see you in 2010

Yes, it's a promising situation. However there is a lot of work to do, especially in case of the non-nominated players like Hedo, Memo etc. We have to see how these things will develop. I just hope that there won't be big conflicts. The upcoming European Championship at Spain will be another test for 2010.

However, let's enjoy the rest of the WC and all the interesting games waiting for us

Good win Argentina guys,

But I have to add something:

Why does Argentina have SF's like Nocioni, Herrmann who are playing like short PF's?
    I mean their game style, Nocioni's and Herrmann's, is just a danger for my eyes to watch. No talent at all, no ballhandling skills at all, no great shooting skills at all. All they do is run, jump, run, jump. They are around 2.02 m I guess. Why didn't God make them 2.08 m so that they could play PF and not destroy the SF position? I mean, watching SF's like them is weird.
    Nocioni in NBA: All he does is play hard, flip-flop, go for rebounds...

They are not stars, the real star in that team is Manu. Nocioni is nowhere even close to him. So, he shouldn't destroy the team chemistry by shooting unnecessary shots.

Herrmann is trying to show himself to the world because he is going to NBA. I don't think he can even come to Nocioni's level. What a weird SF...

I mean, you can't compare Hedo's, Peja's talent with Nocioni's. Very rare(2.08m and above) players have in the world Hedo's ballhandling skills and Peja's shooting skills.

Nocioni: Just retire and make us happy. I don't want to see players who are playing SF just because they are not tall enough for PF position.

By the way, I think Spain will win against Argentina and face USA in the finals. Argentina-Greece game then won't be easy but I say Greece will be third in the tournament...
    Champion? Anything might happen between Spain and USA... I don't know...

My predictions:
    1-USA
    2-Spain
    3-Greece
    4-Argentina
    5-Turkey
    6-Germany
    7-Lithuania
    8-France

Conrats to Argentina and Turkey. Argentina is my favorite for this tournament with Spain. unlucky, they will play together in semi-final. Good luck in until gold medal. (i'm sure yours win against USA)

And Turkey. nobody expect, believe this team can reach this levels and finish between 5th-8th. But they already in first 8 teams. 4 years ago, Turkey finished at 9th place with terrible games, although Mirsad Turkcan,Mehmet Okur, Hidayet Turkoglu...

but this team, (i hope) will finish 5th. Perfect result.

In 2010, i'm sure, we will play final. Because if this team do this position without enough fan support, i cant imagine in a full Abdi Ipekci and Sinan Erdem Sports Hall (still under construction for 2010. capacity 22,500).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123