No announcement yet.

NBA Brazilians 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if Nene can keep his FG% at a good number even with the increase touches.

Comment

I think it will still be good, but go down a bit

Comment

Splitter with his first double-double in NBA.

Spurs rookie Tiago Splitter had about an hour before Saturday's game to prepare himself to replace Tim Duncan in the starting lineup against Charlotte. Coach Gregg Popovich had opted to rest his starting power forward for the first time all season.

When Duncan went down with a sprained left ankle in the first quarter of Monday's game against the Warriors at the AT&T Center, Splitter had no time to ponder.

The response from the former MVP of the Spanish League was the first double-double of his NBA rookie season, a 10-point, 14-rebound performance in 26 minutes and 34 seconds of solid play.

“It wasn't good when Tim got injured in the game, and I just came out to try to do my best and help the team with the dirty job,” Splitter said. “Grab the rebound, (play) defense and score when my teammates pass me the ball. Easy layups. Tony (Parker) did a great job, and Manu (Ginobili) also.”

Popovich was not surprised Splitter gave the Spurs a lift.

“Tiago is going to give you that (effort) every night,” Popovich said. “He's going to bust his butt to rebound and play defense. He's going to give you that grunt that every team needs and every coach loves.

“That's nothing different from him. That's just what he does.”

Parker, who had a career-high 15 assists, and Ginobili played to Splitter's strength on offense, involving him in a lot of pick-and-roll action.

“He's one of the best at rolling to the basket,” Parker said. “He played physical and went to the boards. He did his best on defense. He's still learning, but tonight he did pretty good.”

Comment

now he needs the refs to stop singlng him out for fouls. He gets called for a lot of ticky tack fouls. Hope he gets plenty of pt the rest of the way

Comment

Nuggets want Nene Hilario to return

Nuggets want Nene back

Nene

The Denver Nuggets entered Friday 11-4 in the post-Carmelo Anthony era. They have some nice young talent for the future, a boatload of draft picks and they re-signed coach George Karl to a long-term extension. But what’s going to happen with soon-to-be free agent Nene Hilario, who is having a breakout season in Denver?

In his ninth year with the Nuggets, the forward-center is averaging a career-high 15 points and 7.5 rebounds this season. Nene is making $11.3 million this year and is expected to opt out of his contract that’s scheduled to pay $11.6 million next season. The Brazilian has said he’d prefer to stay in Denver, but those close to him say he’s disappointed that a contract has not been offered yet.

Nuggets first-year president Josh Kroenke is optimistic Nene will stay in Denver.

“He’s obviously extremely pleased with how our team has been post-trade,” Kroenke told Yahoo! Sports. “Nene has been a big part of that. He’s been playing the best basketball of his career. I don’t think I will get something done before the season is over, but we definitely want Nene around long term.”
            Yahoo!Sports
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

waiting to see about the lockout maybe? Denver really needs to keep him though

Comment

You just dont find centers like Nene everyday. He deserves a maximum contract offer.

I just hope that this doesnt make him skip the national team once more.

Comment

I really think Denver will resign him with the succes the team has had since the Carmelo trade. Plus, you can't find quality bigmen just anywhere

Comment

Varejao had a tremendous season until he ruptured his ankle tendon.

He almost averaged a double-double: 9.1 points and 9.7 rebounds. He shot 52.8% and also got 1.2 blocks per game in 32 minutes of action. Statistically, he improved in every category.

Before the mid-season trade, Cleveland was very small (after having the biggest line-up in the NBA with Shaq and Z last year). Now, Varejao will share the frontcourt with Antwan Jamison, JJ Hickson, Semih Erden, and Ryan Hollins.

I predict that either Varejao or Erden will start at center for the 2011/2012 season.
                    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Nene could opt out

Denver Nuggets center Nene Hilario is considering to opt out of the last year of his contract and test the free agency market.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                        Denver Nuggets center Nene Hilario is considering to opt out of the last year of his contract and test the free agency market.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17978868
                        He is probably expecting to be paid big time after a very good season.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
                          He's supposed to make $12 million next year, so he must be thinking that somebody will offer him more. He needs to be careful because the pay-scale will change next year.

Nene is a top center. Griffin, Gasol, Bynum, Howard, Hibbert, Nene is up there. He deserves top money because he plays good defense and offense.

Every team needs a center, so there is definitely a market for him.
                          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
                            I agree. Most likely, Nene is looking for a fresh contract that is worth like Noah and Horford's contracts.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Denver Nuggets General Manager Masai Ujiri has confirmed that negotiations with Nene Hilario and his agent are ongoing and there has been "progress" between their talks.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

He isn't a max player to me. He is very good, but not a max player. The thing is, without him, Denver has hardly any inside presence, especially if KMart leaves

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information