NBA Brazilians 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Brazilians 2010-2011

The Suns, according to The Toronto Star, have agreed to send guard Leandro Barbosa to the Raptors for Turkoglu, who badly wants a move after a rough first season with Toronto. The Raptors then plan to use the trade exception it created in their Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal with Miami to acquire Boris Diaw Tyson Chandler from Charlotte, with guard Jose Calderon and forward Reggie Evans heading to the Bobcats. The report said the deal is pending league approval.
    Link

And a nice post from a Suns blog: Farewell, Leandro.

Looks like the deal with Charlotte is off. MJ nixed it, now sending Chandler (with Alexis Ajinca) to Dallas for Erick Dampier, Matt Carroll and Eduardo Najera.

Not sure how this effects the Toronto/Phoenix deal.

Comment

The Phoenix/Toronto deal will still go through. Hedo goes to the Suns and Barbosa to the Raptors.

Comment

Right now we have this cenario for the Brazilian players.

Anderson Varejão - Cleveland Cavaliers
        Nenê - Denver Nuggets
        Leandrinho Barbosa - Toronto Raptors
        Tiago Splitter - San Antonio Spurs

Comment

It will be interesting on how Splitter would complement Duncan on the front court. Twin Tower days are here again.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            It will be interesting on how Splitter would complement Duncan on the front court. Twin Tower days are here again.
            McDyess prepared for different role with Splitter's arrival

By Tim Griffin on Sep 28, 10 04:23 PM

Veteran forward/center Antonio McDyess said he's ready for a change in his use with the arrival of heralded arrival Tiago Splitter.

McDyess was impressed with Splitter's offensive arsenal after practicing with him on Tuesday.

"He's really good," McDyess said. "He's really strong and posts up strong. He goes hard every play."

Many Spurs players struggle in early practices because of Coach Gregg Popovich's demanding offensive and defensive philosophy. But Splitter was a quick study, according to McDyess.

"He catches on quickly," McDyess said. "I was surprised how quickly he caught on. This is a tough system to learn and he was catching on."

Splitter's development could make McDyess' usage change. It's a situation he said he's willing to adapt to.

"I don't know what my role will be, but whatever it is, I'll take it," McDyess said. "A guy like him has to be on the court. I'll take a backseat to him any day because he's a heck of a player."
            sigpic
            ACB league
            Scola & Ginobili 4 life
            TAU & Lakers supporter
            need4sheed.com

Comment

^^^^Very classy of McDyess. I wish he hadn't done so much damage to his knees, he was an explosive talent early in his NBA career.

Comment

Varejão with his best game so far in the season 23 points + 12 rebounds with a perfect 10-10 from the floor. The Cavs nailed their first win after three consecutive losses.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Anderson is in a spot where he will need to contribute more on the offensive side, this will help his development. But I wouldn't feel confotable if my team needed 20+ points from him in order to win. And that's where I think the Cavs are right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
                    Anderson is in a spot where he will need to contribute more on the offensive side, this will help his development. But I wouldn't feel confotable if my team needed 20+ points from him in order to win. And that's where I think the Cavs are right now.
                    Varejao's problem is that he cannot make points by himself. He needs to be "in the right time, right moment." He can put back rebounds and make lay-ups from an assist. Many centers have strong "go to" moves. Varejao doesn't. If he had a good "go to" move, he'd be a good offensive center. Still, he's a good center in the NBA. He can defend, grab rebounds and play help defense. Centers don't need to do more than that.
                    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Denver Nuggets center Nene Hilario will play tonight against the Chicago Bulls.
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                        Varejao's problem is that he cannot make points by himself. He needs to be "in the right time, right moment." He can put back rebounds and make lay-ups from an assist. Many centers have strong "go to" moves. Varejao doesn't. If he had a good "go to" move, he'd be a good offensive center. Still, he's a good center in the NBA. He can defend, grab rebounds and play help defense. Centers don't need to do more than that.
                        Agreed. He's a great hustle guy and moves great without the ball, he's also a solid low post defender. He has a nice 15 foot jumper too but all of his offense is predicated on someone else getting him the ball in the right spot otherwise he is ineffective.

Comment

Tiago Splitter tonight had an NBA career high 18 points tonight vs the Cavs.

Comment

Nenê had his best game so far in the season and almost had a triple-double: 27 pts + 11 rebs + 6 assists + 2 blocks + 2 steals. The Nuggets beat the Grizzlies by one.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Why didn't Nene play in the World Championships?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information