No announcement yet.

French NBA players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard that the Chicago Bulls are set to give Joakim Noah a $57 Million Contract Extension Sheet, according to ESPN.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

The rumor (more to read on blogabull) is a few days aged. Some saying that noah (and/or his agent) is aiming for 65M. Amount set for 5 years ofc.

He would be dumb not to click at 60ish (+/- 1M), 1st because of his limitations, 2nd because of the CBA negotations, 3rd because of the impact of his contract on his team (as the extra million could be used to sign or trade for the missing piece at forward or sg), 4th because the bulls also have to offer an extension to rose (and he will prolly get the max as he's already an all star), 5th because a lot of franchise owners are reported to have financial trouble (with the consequences on potential trade/cba agreeement etc).

11/12M ish/year for 5 years is already a decent enough contract considering what he could get from the rest (merchandising/ads etc).

Comment

Apparently, the common sense prevailed : 5 years, 60M.

Comment

Kevin Seraphin is another Frenchman, he is going to the Wizards (If I am not wrong).

What about Nando De Colo and Yakhouba Diawara?
          sigpic

Comment

De colo is still in valencia (last year of his contract) and diawara has left th enba ofr brindisi (that's actually a come back for him in lega).

It's been a while that seraphin signed his contract on the other hand. If u want the list we have :
            turiaf ny knicks
            noah chicago bulls
            sy atlanta hawks
            seraphin washington wizards
            petro new jersey nets
            m. pietrus orlando magic

batum portland trailblazers
            parker SA spurs
            ajinca dallas mavericks
            mahinmi dallas mavericks
            beaubois dallas mavericks
            diaw charlotte bobcats

Comment

Nic Batum played great on the Portland Trailblazers' win against the Phoenix Suns 106-92.

Batum had 19 pts and 11 rebs
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

I have watched the game and yes, his jump shots were clutch during the 4th quarter.
                He scored 11 pts during last Q (he came back from the bench at 7 or 8mn from the end) and he only missed a three.
                His first double double in pro (even in le mans, where he was developed, he never scored one), something i was looking forward (no pun intented)

Next goal is a triple double as his court vision and his role in the team should allow this ( not necessary against clippers though, gordon is a player he has a hard time to guard).
                Despite the numbers though, i don't think it's his best game in the nba (he struggled for a while, basically he was msotly good defensively against nash but suffered against turkoglu and he mostly scored at the beginning and in the end of the game).

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                  I have watched the game and yes, his jump shots were clutch during the 4th quarter.
                  He scored 11 pts during last Q (he came back from the bench at 7 or 8mn from the end) and he only missed a three.
                  His first double double in pro (even in le mans, where he was developed, he never scored one),
                  That's very impressive! Sounds like he's an important part of this team.
                  something i was looking forward (no pun intented)
                  Raph. Come on, man.
                  Next goal is a triple double as his court vision and his role in the team should allow this
                  I think he's more likely to get a Quadruple Nickle (or whatever it's called): five points, five rebounds, five blocks, five assists. He reminds me a lot of AK47.
                  Despite the numbers though, i don't think it's his best game in the nba (he struggled for a while, basically he was msotly good defensively against nash but suffered against turkoglu and he mostly scored at the beginning and in the end of the game).
                  Was he guarding Nash for most of the game? That's pretty hard for a guy his size!
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

He's (was since matthews is in now) often on best backcourt player of the other team, which includes pg's (nash, evans, paul often had to deal with his wingspan and poise).
                    Not that he can stop anybody (powerful forwards are still a tough match up for him, lbj & anthony & alike), as he acknowledged several times, he has to improve his D as well as his Offense (no free throws yesterday, as a forward he really has to create his shot and his ball handling)

The good thing yesterday being that he was clutch, something he lacked in several games (most notably against utah and denver) last year. I just hope he will gain some weight (muscle, i don't want him to become another diaw even if i like him ^^) without losing his quickness, to gain confidence in attacking the rim as he has the "poster" mentality (he really likes the ball game)

Comment

Chicago Bulls Center Joakim Noah had 19 points, 18 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocked shots despite the Bulls losing to the Oklahoma City Thunder 106-95.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker scored 20 points and had 9 assists to help the Spurs beat the Indiana Pacers 122-109.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Tony Parker scored 19 points, had 9 assists and 3 steals to help the San Antonio Spurs win against the Los Angeles Clippers 97-88.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Looks like France at last has second big NBA player after TonyP - Batum. Hope to see them both in Vilnius 2011.

Comment

Boris Diaw of the Charlotte Bobcats scored 24 points to help the Bobcats beat the New Jersey Nets 85-83 and thus giving the Bobcats their first win after losing three straight games.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

San Antonio Spurs 124 Houston Rockets 121

Tony Parker scoring 21 points and had 14 assists
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information