Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: French NBA players

Nic Batum played great on the Portland Trailblazers' win against the Phoenix Suns 106-92.

Batum had 19 pts and 11 rebs
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

I have watched the game and yes, his jump shots were clutch during the 4th quarter.
    He scored 11 pts during last Q (he came back from the bench at 7 or 8mn from the end) and he only missed a three.
    His first double double in pro (even in le mans, where he was developed, he never scored one), something i was looking forward (no pun intented)

Next goal is a triple double as his court vision and his role in the team should allow this ( not necessary against clippers though, gordon is a player he has a hard time to guard).
    Despite the numbers though, i don't think it's his best game in the nba (he struggled for a while, basically he was msotly good defensively against nash but suffered against turkoglu and he mostly scored at the beginning and in the end of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    I have watched the game and yes, his jump shots were clutch during the 4th quarter.
    He scored 11 pts during last Q (he came back from the bench at 7 or 8mn from the end) and he only missed a three.
    His first double double in pro (even in le mans, where he was developed, he never scored one),
    That's very impressive! Sounds like he's an important part of this team.
    something i was looking forward (no pun intented)
    Raph. Come on, man.
    Next goal is a triple double as his court vision and his role in the team should allow this
    I think he's more likely to get a Quadruple Nickle (or whatever it's called): five points, five rebounds, five blocks, five assists. He reminds me a lot of AK47.
    Despite the numbers though, i don't think it's his best game in the nba (he struggled for a while, basically he was msotly good defensively against nash but suffered against turkoglu and he mostly scored at the beginning and in the end of the game).
    Was he guarding Nash for most of the game? That's pretty hard for a guy his size!

He's (was since matthews is in now) often on best backcourt player of the other team, which includes pg's (nash, evans, paul often had to deal with his wingspan and poise).
    Not that he can stop anybody (powerful forwards are still a tough match up for him, lbj & anthony & alike), as he acknowledged several times, he has to improve his D as well as his Offense (no free throws yesterday, as a forward he really has to create his shot and his ball handling)

The good thing yesterday being that he was clutch, something he lacked in several games (most notably against utah and denver) last year. I just hope he will gain some weight (muscle, i don't want him to become another diaw even if i like him ^^) without losing his quickness, to gain confidence in attacking the rim as he has the "poster" mentality (he really likes the ball game)

Chicago Bulls Center Joakim Noah had 19 points, 18 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocked shots despite the Bulls losing to the Oklahoma City Thunder 106-95.
    Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker scored 20 points and had 9 assists to help the Spurs beat the Indiana Pacers 122-109.
    Sacramento Kings

Tony Parker scored 19 points, had 9 assists and 3 steals to help the San Antonio Spurs win against the Los Angeles Clippers 97-88.
    Sacramento Kings

Looks like France at last has second big NBA player after TonyP - Batum. Hope to see them both in Vilnius 2011.

Boris Diaw of the Charlotte Bobcats scored 24 points to help the Bobcats beat the New Jersey Nets 85-83 and thus giving the Bobcats their first win after losing three straight games.
    Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs 124 Houston Rockets 121

Tony Parker scoring 21 points and had 14 assists
    Sacramento Kings

Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah had 13 points, 19 rebounds and 4 blocks as the Bulls won a narrow contest against the Denver Nuggets 94-92.
    Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs 107 Los Angeles Clippers 95

Tony Parker 21 points, 3 rebounds and 9 assists.
    Sacramento Kings

Guard Tony Parker scored 24 points, hauled 5 rebounds and had 3 assists as the Spurs beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 117-104.
    Sacramento Kings

Couple new articles from batum on his blog, translated and available on blazer's edge (among the best nba blog).

Interesting to read imo, he speaks about last WC and about his new season in the nba, what he is working on a s a player to improve his game etc.

On a side note, he's a little disappointing shooting wise for the last few games but he's back defensively after under performing a bit. Even if rudy prolly pushes him to use flopping a bit too much to my taste ^^

Point guard Tony Parker scores a team high 24 points while adding 4 rebounds and 7 assists as the San Antonio Spurs extends their winning streak to 9 games by beating the Utah Jazz 94-82.
    Sacramento Kings

Tony Parker leading the San Antonio Spurs to a rout of the Cleveland Cavaliers 116-92. Parker scores a team high 19 points, 9 assists and 3 rebounds.
    Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker scoring 24 points, adding 10 assists and 3 rebounds as the Spurs win over the Orlando Magic 106-97.
    Sacramento Kings

Batum and Parker are having great seasons.

Batum is scoring 14 points, 5 rebounds, and playing 6 more minutes per game than last year.

Parker is bouncing back from an off-year last season, scoring 3 more points, 2 more assists, and 2 more steals per game than last year.

Diaw is doing a little better statistically, but is the same for the most part.

Beaubois is injured and won't be back for a while...probably around February?

Ajinca has not played yet. Mahinmi isn't getting very much playing time.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

You forgot turiaf who had really decent games along stoudemire with nyk (and no only for his block shots).

As for petro, don't need to mention him (nor seraphin since he's almost not playing)

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    You forgot turiaf who had really decent games along stoudemire with nyk (and no only for his block shots).

As for petro, don't need to mention him (nor seraphin since he's almost not playing)
    You guys forgot about Mickael Pietrus and Joakim Noah as well

If I remember coorectly there's a guy called Pape from France as well who was drafted but I don't believe he ever played.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast