No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Thunder thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma City Thunder Star Kevin Durant was humble in response towards his thoughts on him being the early favorite on winning the NBA 2010-2011 Most Valuable Player Award, during the course of an interview with ESPN.

Asked about going for the League MVP Award in the league:

“I don’t set individual goals like that.The only goals I set for myself is to try to have a better season than I did last year. That’s about it. I don’t have to score more points, or get more rebounds or get more assists. But if I got better throughout the season is how I determine if I had a better season than last year.”
    Asked about him being picked by the majority of the NBA GM's on the MVP Predictions:

“I mean, it’s cool but it doesn’t really mean too much."
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Serge Ibaka is now back in full practice with the team. I doubt if Ibaka will play in the pre-season games lined up for the Thunder next week.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Durant to play all 5 positions next season?

Kevin Durant played varying minutes on all 5 positions during the pre-season game against the Miami HEAT. Durant started at SF and then changed later to SG. On the second half, he started at C with Jeff Green at the 4. Then Durant was tasked to bring up the ball as Russell Westbrook was the 2 guard.

Head Coach Scott Brooks was asked by the press about his tactics with Durant and if he is indeed experimenting with Durant, Brooks just smiled and said:

“Kevin’s game is evolving. He, like a lot of our guys, is not a finished product. He’s going to keep getting better. And there’s ways that I’m going to challenge him to get better… He has the ability to do a lot of things for us and do them well; he also has the rare versatility and physical traits to play all 5 positions."
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

I can definitely see Kevin Durant as a starter for next year's NBA All-Star Game 2011.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            I can definitely see Kevin Durant as a starter for next year's NBA All-Star Game 2011.

Durantula for MVP(Regular Season and All-Star)!
            Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Oklahoma City Thunder General Manager Sam Presti had announced his scheduled trips to Germany to watch German prospect Tibor Pleiß playing in German League. The OKC Thunder holds the draft rights of Pleiß after buying the draft rights from the Atlanta Hawks.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

So far, the Oklahoma City Thunder have yet to offer forward Jeff Green an extension sheet, with November 1 as an imperative deadline.

So far, Green is not on the trading block and he has not made an issue out of it:

"I was hoping it would get done, but it's none of my concern."
                "I'm going to go in and play my game. I'm not going to try to go out and play above what I can do. I know what I can do, and I'm going to go out and do it. This contract situation is something that's on the back burner for me. I know what I have to do this season."
                "My focus is going to be off the charts,"
                Green will be an Unrestricted Free Agent in the off-season and if he re-signs
                with the team, he could get that elusive 6 year option.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant endorses a contract extension to teammate Jeff Green. In an interview with NBA Fanhouse, Durant said:

"I hope they do, I think he's worked so hard. He deserves it. He's going to do a great job of bringing it every day and not worrying about it. Hopefully, it gets done."
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Oklahoma City Thunder have waived the following players:

G Elijah Millsap
                    G Jerome Dyson

Personally, I look forward to seeing both guys play in the D-League.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Nick Collison still has no timetable for a return. Collison has yet to practice with the Thunder in training camp and have not appeared in any pre-season game.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Oklahoma City Thunder have exercised the Third-Year options on the following players:

James Harden
                        Serge Ibaka
                        Eric Maynor
                        Byron Mullens

Also, the Thunder have exercised the Fourth-Year options on Russell Westbrook and DJ White.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

It is looking like the Oklahoma City Thunder will not grant forward Jeff Green an extension as the deadline in November 1 is approaching, on which they could trade him (not likely) before the February Trade - Deadline. Green will be a Unrestricted Free Agent this off-season (Summer of 2011) and if he re-signs with the Thunder, he can get that elusive 6th year option on the contract if the new Collective Bargaining Agreement allows it.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

game vs Chicago Bulls about to start in a few hours.. can't wait!
                            Life goes on...

Comment

Oklahoma City Thunder 106 Chicago Bulls 95

Kevin Durant 30 pts 7rebs & 3asts
                              Russell Westbrook 28 pts 10rebs & 6asts
                              Jeff Greene 21 pts
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                                For sure. I'll be expecting him also.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information