2010.7.7 Myanmar 52 vs Thailand 58
    2010.7.7 Malaysia 97 vs Laos 53
    2010.7.8 Myanmar 70 vs Singapore 78
    2010.7.8 Thailand 75 vs Malaysia 68
    2010.7.8 Philippines 133 vs Laos 30
    2010.7.9 Philippines 69 - Thailand 38
    2010.7.9 Malaysia 108 - Myanmar 39
    2010.7.9 Singapore 76 - Laos 31
    Last edited by c_d; 07-11-2010, 02:42 PM.

02/07/2010
    MYA – Myanmar all set to host first ever official competition

YANGON, Myanmar (7th SEABA U18 Championship): Myanmar, the largest country in the Indochina region of South East Asia is all set to create history, by becoming the latest in the list of the members of the FIBA Asia family to host an official competition.

Starting Monday, Yangon, the capital of Myanmar will play host to six teams representing nations belonging to the South East Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) in the 7th SEABA U18 Championship. The event will be played on a single pool round-robin format and conclude on July 9.

Philippines and Malaysia, two teams with collectively more experience in official competitions than the rest of the fray will take on Laos, Singapore, Thailand and hosts Myanmar in an effort to earn a qualification to represent SEABA in the 21st FIBA Asia U18 Championship to be held in Sana’a Yemen from Sept 22 – Oct 1.

The top two teams from Myanmar will qualify for the Yemen Championship.

Terming the hosting of event in Myanmar as historical SEABA Secretary General Dato’ Yeoh Choo Hock said: “The Myanmar Basketball Federation has taken every positive step to stage this championship in high notes. The government of Myanmar has provided all the support to that effect.”

“On behalf of SEABA, FIBA Asia and the basketball fraternity of Asia, I thank and congratulate the government of Myanmar for taking this positive and progressive step,” added Dato’ Yeoh, also the FIBA Asia Secretary General.

“The City of Yangon shall have the privilege to see young stars of South East Asia (SEA) nations performing in full sportsmanship. Myanmar has embarked on an elaborate program in the development of basketball and this occasion would enhance the standard of its basketball to greater heights,” he said.

SEABA president Eric Thohir said: “We are all looking forward to Myanmar hosting this event. This is an example for SEABA’s continuous efforts to spread the base for basketball. I am sure Yangon will rise to the occasion and provide us with a very good championship.”

“We have six very competitive teams who are all well prepared and ready to showcase their talent. These youngsters will form the nucleus of SEABA’s basketball future. I am excited at the talent and potential which will emerge out of Yangon.”

FIBA Asia president Sheikh Saud bin Ali Al-Thani expressed his pleasure that more countries are coming forward to host events.

“Playing and participating in an event is one thing. Willingness to host an event is a different cup of tea. The very fact that Myanmar have come forward to host an event shows their commitment to the development of the sport,” Sheikh Saud.

“This shows that more people are joining the basketball fraternity and are willing to work hard to spread the awareness about the sport wider,” he said.

“My heartfelt congratulations to MBF and SEABA for choosing to host this event in Yangon. I look forward to Myanmar making the best of this opportunity.”

Comment

ROSTERS

Myanmar
      Htet Lin Tun
      Yan Sein
      Khun Sai
      Ah Pu
      Soe Htoo Myat
      Nay Myo Min
      Sein Lyan
      Wai Lu
      Ah Kyan
      Kyi Htwe
      Sithu Hein

Thailand
      Pattanapong Yenarom
      Piyapong Wimonchailerk
      Sorot Suntonsiri
      Patcharaphum Phansura
      Punnaphot Pantaprateep
      Wuttipong Naknarin
      Narisaworn Kaewklinge
      Amon Iamlamai
      Komsan Dechsom
      Danusorn Chomwa
      Wisarut Boonruksa
      Autman Almabruk

Singapore
      Jun Wei Tan
      Mingrong , Jabez Su
      Zheng Yi , Peter Soo
      Zheng Jie , David Soo
      Zhao Feng Ng
      Wenqiang , Russel Low
      Weng Hon , Remus Low
      Hua Sen , Larry Liew
      Dawei Khoo
      Kok Chiang , Delvin Goh
      Jia Jun Fong

Philippines
      Cris Michael Tolomia
      Jeron Alvin Teng
      Roldan Sara
      Jeth Troy Rosario
      Isaac Kiefer Ravena
      Von Rolfe Pessumal
      Michael Anthony Pate
      Cederick Labing-Isa
      Kevin Ferrer
      Russel Escoto
      Raphael Banal
      Joshua Angelo Alolino

Malaysia
      Ivan Yeo
      Wen Keong Tong
      Teck Hoe Teh
      Wai Seng Tan
      Hui Kee Tan
      Prem Sangaralingam
      Kok Chun Ng
      Shee Weng Loh
      Chee Huei Liaw
      Kar Fatt Leong
      Wei Hong Choo
      Vui Hang Ang

Laos
      Sonesavanh Vongmeleuth
      Saysana Vinavong
      Souksomvang Thor
      Souliyo Sayyasinh
      Phimmasone Phannolath
      Phoutthasone Phangmanisay
      Vihanbandith Phaisouphanh
      Somboun Nadonhai
      Ammalin Inthavong
      Bounthavy Hiengphothichack
      Phetthasone Chaleunsouk
      Outtaka Ackkhasone

Comment

I thought Burma still bans online access? If so then there's no chance we could get livestreams.

Comment

Singapore would rely to Low scoring

but even not beneficial for RP it is the best thing for Laos and Myanmar to start their basketball programs they even beat indonesia in terms of a national team program(even undisputedly rank next to rp in mens basketball) Indonesia sends club teams/all star seletions in intl. tournament wasting the 300 million manpower they have
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

who would you be rooting for between Laos and Myanmar? let's see who's the better underdog in the 1st game.

I put my money on Laos on this one
            you know why I am happy

Comment

i'll go for the host nation of the said event ............. Myanmar

Comment

Timing on seaba game

hi c-d any idea where can i view the latest result on seaba game & any live update on the match

Comment

To reamily

Singapore not only rely on Low, the effort is team work.
                  There is few potential in Singapore team like Delvin, Larry & zhao feng.

Comment

that Philippine team is basically the same team that finished 4th behind China, South Korea, and Iran in last year's FIBA Asia U16. for their preparation, they've been playing college teams with a lot of 23-year old players.

Comment

Originally posted by goh1164 View Post
                      hi c-d any idea where can i view the latest result on seaba game & any live update on the match

Comment

philippine U18 NT is best u18 team in SEA~~
                        I love CHINA basketball NT~very very love my country team~BEST in ASIA~~

Comment

Thank you c_d for the information on seaba

Comment

No livestats, just super-delayed results. This sucks.

Comment

No live stream. No live stats. WTF!
                              sigpic
                              Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information