Andy Rautins a Knick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
    Guys, i,ve heard that Andy has lithuanian roots, is it true?
    I know that this is a bit off topic,but there was one Canadian with Lithuanian roots to play in his motherland - Jonas Karpis for Statyba Vilnius in 1989 season.Do not remember much about him apart that he was tallish (~2.07) ,blonde and intelligent fighter.I think he was struggling in the last USSR championship a bit too much because statyba was fighting relegation(dead in the last place) and he was expected to do just a bit too much.But nice memories of him anyhow - for all i know he could have been as well as the very first and the very last foreigner to play in USSR championship of any team sport - but i am speculating on this.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      I know that this is a bit off topic,but there was one Canadian with Lithuanian roots to play in his motherland - Jonas Karpis for Statyba Vilnius in 1989 season.Do not remember much about him apart that he was tallish (~2.07) ,blonde and intelligent fighter.I think he was struggling in the last USSR championship a bit too much because statyba was fighting relegation(dead in the last place) and he was expected to do just a bit too much.But nice memories of him anyhow - for all i know he could have been as well as the very first and the very last foreigner to play in USSR championship of any team sport - but i am speculating on this.
      Interesting story. Btw, it is not secret that in Canada is very large ukranian diaspora (as i heard,something about 1,5 millions), so maybe do you know, is there a diaspora of lithuanians in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
        Interesting story. Btw, it is not secret that in Canada is very large ukranian diaspora (as i heard,something about 1,5 millions), so maybe do you know, is there a diaspora of lithuanians in Canada?
        you better ask Hepcat - i don't really know his story but from what i gather he is of Lithuanian decent born/living ? in Canada and he is old timer too - i think he can spare few minutes for you if you ask him nicely
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

hows andy doing?

Comment

Rautins is in the training camp roster for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Rautins signed with the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA D-League. Tulsa is directly affiliated with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information