Andy Rautins a Knick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Rautins a Knick

Andy Rautins of Syracuse and the son of Canada Basketball head coach Leo Rautins was drafted #38th overall.

A definite homecoming. A nice beginning to his story.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Definitely underrated. Jon Givony of Draftexpress was convinced he would go undrafted. Granted the Knicks don't always make the best decisions, but anyone who can shoot like that deserves to be drafted IMO.

But the title is misleading; he isn't a Knick yet, unless he makes the team or signs a GUARANTEED contract.
      aim low, score high

Comment

No disrespect to Mr. Givony at DX, but Euroleague Adventures called Rautins to the Knicks:

Slam and Freaknick's Super Cool Draft Predictor Game

Rautins is surely a talent. Since I'm a Syracuse student I got to see him play for three years (one injury-shortened season) and he's got what it takes to make a roster and and even make an impact given the right situation. For instance, could he have a similar impact as Sasha Vujacic if he were on the Lakers? Absolutely. He just nededs to find that fit be it on the Knicks or elsewhere.
        Euroleague Adventures

The Dotted Line Up: Ranking all the Euroleague Free Agents

Subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes and follow ELA on Twitter: Euro_Adventures

Comment

I hope this means Rautins will play well in the World Championships this year. He hasn't exactly been on fire in his past National Team outings, His shooting will be very valuable to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxballer View Post
            I hope this means Rautins will play well in the World Championships this year. He hasn't exactly been on fire in his past National Team outings, His shooting will be very valuable to the team.
            As has been mentioned in another thread, what are your feelings about Canada starting training so late? I mean your first preparation game is in August vs. China...

BTW, Ajaxballer, haven't seen you posting for a long time, whats up man
            aim low, score high

Comment

I think the Canadian National team is still not being handled well but there may be problems with funding and what not when trying to put together exhibition games. I believe basketball is the #1 or 2 sport among youth in Canada right now which is why you see a lot of Canadian high school and college players getting buzz now but in terms money flowing to the program I think basketball is still not seen as a priority here.

I am also frustrated that I cannot find any info on a training camp roster or list of invites for the National Team, I am curious if Bonner and Maglorie are participating.

Sino: I've been good, I still lurk on the forums but don't post that much. How have you been?

Comment

Rautins:

"I've always said I'm a little bit like Steve Nash and Dan Majerle," Rautins said by telephone yesterday. "Steve for the way he sees the floor and his passing ability and his vision, and Dan for the way he shoots the ball and his ability to grind it out on defense."
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

I actually think that the fact that he was drafted is pretty hard to swallow considering the quality of players who went undrafted.

Art Parakhouski
                  Matt Bouldin
                  Mikhail Torrance
                  Jon Scheyer
                  Charles Garcia
                  Manny Harris
                  Sylven Landesberg
                  Marqus Blakely
                  Omar Samhan
                  Ben Uzoh
                  Jeremy Wise

just to name a few......

I could literaly filled tow pages of name of undrafted player that are just better than Rautins in all aspects of the game.

Comment

Could it be because of the Glen Grunwald connection?

Anyway congrats to Andy. I'm happy for him and his old man.

Comment

Andy Rautins has been signed by the New York Knicks. Terms of the deal were not disclosed at this moment.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

New York Knicks Media Day

Pose for the camera:

With teammates:

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Guys, i,ve heard that Andy has lithuanian roots, is it true?

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                            Guys, i,ve heard that Andy has lithuanian roots, is it true?
                            Yes, that's totally true.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                              Thanks Rik. Interesting story.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information