1/8: Angola vs. France, 17:00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Civilis
    I also hope for the drama in FRA-ANG game Yet I don't think we had three dramas yesterday - ARG-NZL and ESP-corrected: SERB outcome was pretty obvious before the very end
    Whoops, inertia taking me over ... Sure, two dramas and two easy walks yesterday.

Angola didn't manage to get closer in the 3rd quarter. Some of their shot selection is ridiculously idiotic - the main culprit being Olimpio Cipriano. What the hell is he thinking? Even in the backyard basketball, crazy-shooting egoistic guys don't take such shots as he's constantly doing in this match. Really stupid unprepared shooting ...

But the Angolan 2-3 zone, except for a few cases, is working quite well.

Comment

+14 to FRA after 3rd quarter. Angola had some chances to cut the difference, but missed two FT, then couldn't finalize their fast-break and their last attack was not successful.
      One day the tides will turn
      One day the fields will burn
      One day the seas will churn
      The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
        for me it's upside down and in green.. but thanks anyways, maybe that's due to my relatively slow connection..
        You might get a somewhat acceptable picture at times but it's too unstable. I've given up on it. Just checking the live score on fiba.com and bwin.de now.

Comment

I'm very dissapointed with M.Pietrus play in this tournament (and in this game). Lack of any basketball IQ, no surprise he doesn't get much PT in Warriors. They better not extend him this year (hopefuly he get better when NBA season starts).

Comment

For those who have PPStream, you can watch it here. Good quality for the most part, although the screen is a bit small, and you can't maximize it. And, of course, it's all in Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by Civilis
              Dear Phillip, you can get some allegations on the grounds of racism!
              Black horses = biggest suprise on this tournament!

IM NOT A RACIST,AND I WILL NEVER BE !!!

Comment

+8 while 5:50 left. +6 Angola is on fire!
                One day the tides will turn
                One day the fields will burn
                One day the seas will churn
                The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

It seemed like France is burying this game after extending the lead to 15 points - but Angola makes a run with a couple of great post-up baskets by Gomes, a couple of treys, and now the score's only 55-49 with 5:24 to play. Bergeaud's time-out, French will try to calm it down and break that Angolan zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius123
                    French will try to calm it down and break that Angolan zone.
                    Straight after time-out - a 5-0 French run. Great ball movement and two scores - Gelabale three from the corner and Flo Pietrus cuting inside, receiving a pass from Jeanneau and dunking. I guess France will be O.K.

P.S. Above 3 minutes to play, France leads 60-51, Angolan time-out.

Comment

Marius why you Quoteyourself ?

60:51 (4th Quarter: 03:54 minutes to go)

Comment

Angola on a mini run. 60-56 with 1:08 to play.

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                          'Cos the French provided an answer to my earlier post.

They were struggling versus that zone offence, commited several turnovers or bad shots - and the first thing to watch after the time-out was how their attack will run, IMHO.
                          Last edited by Marius123; 08-27-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Weis chokes and misses 2 FTs. Gomes got fouled and will shoot 2 FTs, with 39 seconds left, 60-56 to France.

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket

60:51 (4th Quarter: 03:54 minutes to go)
                              he quoted himself to show us that what he thought will happen is actually what turned out to happen ..lol

Comment

60:56 for FRA and 50 sec to end ... ball have ANG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information