Pro A 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro A 2010-2011

French pro A team LeMans Basket seems to be very interested in SG David Moss (Virtus). They would offer him a 270,000$ one year contract. To be followed...

Is he that good? What are his +/- ?

If we compare with jo forte for instance who was back in lega (but in lega due) this year ?
    And can he really play at sg (defensively, is he fast enough to cover fast sg's & combo's?)?

After looking a bit, he has signed a 3 year contract with siena last year and he was loaned to bologna this year, imo it sounds more like siena is not yet planning to use him and search for a team to loan him (i might be wrong ofc).
    His profile would really be weird in our roster, he really seems to be a "true" forward and imo we are looking for a combo guard.

Thanks if the rumor is correct though

On the other hand, from your nickname, you are a fan of siena?
    Last edited by raph; 06-20-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

David Moss is not a SG but a SF.
      He showed a lot of promise in his first two seasons here in italy, in LegaDue before (Jesi), in Serie A (Teramo) after, so that he was signed by Siena with a 3-yrs deal, but they sent him on loan to Virtus Bologna because he still needed to develop, add some more experience and get a Bulgarian passport.
      But this season he's been a major disappointment and it seems Siena's not convinced with him, so they may let him go finally.
      He's a good player, can do it all, he's an excellent defender as he can guard both forwards and guards with the same efficiency.
      He's athletic, good rebounder and passer, has a pretty good front to the basket game, even if his outside shot is still a bit inconsistent. A team-player, not a pure scorer, anyway, so he's best suited with a couple of scorers 'round him.
      I'd also add his attitude may be a little questionable. Has shown a tendency to hide in the big games, after being very disappointing in the playoff games he played with Teramo (2008-2009) and Virtus Bologna (2009-2010). It is rumored - Virtus Bologna fans can confirm it (but it's more than a rumor, you know what I mean) - he just wanted to pack his bags and go on holidays...And he's some kind of a playboy off the court, well let's say he knows how to do in his nightlife...Good luck, French friends.

Comment

Thanks for all those details (is a comparison with hawkins, minus the efficiency in big games/po and the consistency behind the 6 25, correct?). Most fans (i am from le mans) were expecting a sg, or a combo guard, so i am still confused honnestly.
        About the behavior off the court, it sounds like another salyers (i dont know him, but a few fans here would get mad in case )

What about forte on the other hand ? Is he targeted by big teams in italy after his come back last year ?

Comment

The new champion, Cholet, are near to sign PF Stephon Lasme (28, 2.03).
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
            Thanks for all those details (is a comparison with hawkins, minus the efficiency in big games/po and the consistency behind the 6 25, correct?). Most fans (i am from le mans) were expecting a sg, or a combo guard, so i am still confused honnestly.
            About the behavior off the court, it sounds like another salyers (i dont know him, but a few fans here would get mad in case )

What about forte on the other hand ? Is he targeted by big teams in italy after his come back last year ?
            No, I was talking in general about Moss' skills, not making any specific comparison with Hawkins. If you Le Mans' fans expect Moss to be a SG or a combo, then you'll be disappointed. He's a small forward, not else.
            BTW I don't know if your team will sign Moss or not, I just answered your question.
            I know Marc Salyers very well, I personally saw him playing several times while he was in Italian LegaDue at the beginning of his pro-career, I can tell you he was THE women-favourite, like no one else here. But Moss isn't far from those levels, so watch out...
            As for Forte...I'm pretty sure we'll never see him playing again in Serie A, he's very talented but unprofessional and plays with no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
              The new champion, Cholet, are near to sign PF Stephon Lasme (28, 2.03).
              Are you sure ?

Maccabi has just made an offer for Lasme he resigns at the club.

Source: Israeli website "ONE"

Comment

Hi friends from France,I'd like to ask you a couple of questions and I thank you in advance for your time.I believe in the French league there are some true diamonds of the new generation of European Bball,and while their talent is amazing,for some reason I can't figure they don't have the attention they deserve from the big clubs or the NBA.I'm talking mostly about Heurtel and Edwin Jackson.Herteul I know belongs to Asvel,Jackson also belonged there but I don't know if he still belongs to them(I also think it is stupid of them to not have at least one of these talents to play for them and they gave them on loan).These 2 players have amazing talent but I've read in NBA scouts that they don't have the athletic skills to play in the NBA(at least as important players) so I strongly believe that they can become soon Euroleague Top-level players.Specifically Heurtel lacks strength,but that's the only thing he lacks,he is extremely quick,blown-out dribbling skills and amazing passing.On the other hand Edwin Jackson is a pure SG and he is very small for this position especially for the NBA,but his scoring skills are out of this world,I'm 100% that there are no USA SGs in Europe whith his scoring abilities and long range shot,and also in the U20 tournament he showed some great leadership.So I'd be really greatful if somebody answers my questions,that is 1st how it comes they don't have the attention they deserve from the big clubs,but also from their club that doesn't trust them enough.Are there any rumors about their possible future?Also I'd like to ask about Diot that he is more in the radars of the big clubs than the other 2,but he also doesn't have yet a big proposal,and I'm sure he deserves it.Maybe Le Mans asks for big money???Also about Ali Traore,are there any offers for him from big clubs?He is for sure one of the most talented offensive players and just like Edwin Jackson,he isn't jelous of any American scoring PF that plays in Europe.Thank you in advance guys

Comment

Hi

Heurtel is the worst point guard defender in europe

The two players will be in the ASVEL team next year

Comment

Thank you Rdp49 for the answer.I really didn't notice that about his defence and that statement makes real sense.On the other hand also Saras for example is considered a bad defender but this didn't hold him from becoming the best PG in Europe for the last decade.Is Herteul so bad,even worse than Saras?His problem in defence is more a problem of lack of strength and size or of attitude?Is he really bad both in one on one and team defence?I also like it that Edwin will be back in Asvel this year,I hope he will have a big role.Do you know how many more years of contract does he have with them?Too many questions I know,thank you for your patience

Comment

About diot, it was said (press) that he had the interest from several teams. As for the "official" contacts, bilbao made him an offer (he acknowledged he was thinking about it). Their team is not sure to play in the eurocup though, even if they are lobbying for it (i don't think antoine would move to a team not playing either EL or in the eurocup).

Le Mans has built its roster considering he would stay though (he still has two years of contract, as he signed an extension last year till 2012). In 2011 the team is willing to leave him go - though buy out - on the other hand. Still, the president of the team said they would consider any really big offer (obvioulsy it was not the case yet and his injury did not help as well).

As for heurtel, the biggest issue for now is his oversized ego. He has a bunch of talent, very good hands and court vision, but he's quite too high on himself.
                      Jackson had his chance with asvel 2 years ago, but he disappointed (inconsistent shooting, bad decisions, poor defensively) which is why he got loaned 2 years (to get lot of playtime in pro). He's very athletic though unlike heurtel, but like you said, too small for a sg and without the play making skill to become a true option for the nba (tempo, shoot selection, court vision etc.). Next year will be important for him as he will definetly have a major role in his team (offense from the bench most likely).

Speaking of prospects, imo the most promising ones are a white forward called lauvergne. Injury prone, but imo he has more intangibles than moerman from orleans. He plays in chalon (along with another young sg called lang), a team that won't play any european cup next year.
                      The other being Fournier but he's much more wellknown already (for obvious reasons).
                      Last edited by raph; 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Individually it's a disaster.

Jackson is under contract with asvel until 2013

Comment

Roanne signed shooting guard K.C. Rivers, who spent his rookie season in Italy (LegaDue's top scorer with Latina and then played with Benetton Treviso). This is a very good signing in my opinion, as this young guy is a talented scorer (great lefthanded shooter), who's also improving in several facets of his game, he should fit well in France.

Comment

Tony Wisham (28, 1.98) signed with Heyres-Toulon.
                            Great signing IMO.
                            2022/2023:
                            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Tremmell Darden replaces Ricardo Greer

Tremmell Darden (28, SF/SG) signed a one-year contract with SLUC Nancy.
                              JCM

John Linehan - Saidou N'Joya
                              Ralph Mims - Kenneth Grant
                              Tremmell Darden
                              Victor Samnick - Stephen Brun
                              Akin Akingbala - Moussa Badiane

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information