Philippine Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^
    If Yemen can do the same to the Philippines in basketball, you can bet no one outside the Philippines would care about Pinoy basketball
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• I was looking at the other thread where another forum member brought up the "big fish in a small pond" mentality.

With all due respect, this mindset doesn't just involve basketball, which the member claims is a small pond compared to the Pacific Ocean that world football is. Carrying the metaphor further, the member might as well refer to other sports like baseball, rugby union, volleyball, or softball as small ponds where we have been big fish.

This exclusivist way of thinking has rankled multi-sports fans like me. There is indeed a scarcity of resources, but when you look at these other sports, we have historically produced very good national teams with very little funding. If one is to advocate a more equitable distribution of funds, one might as well lobby for these other sports too. One can easily replace "Azkals" with "Volcanoes" or "Blu Boys" in each of the posts, but I don't see that sort of thinking here.

Let's face it -- for all the resources being poured into the Azkals' development, such as off-shore training camps, new kits, scouting, and recruitment, they have very little to show for it. Which is a bit disappointing, because I was actually rooting for them to finally get bragging rights in Southeast Asia. Now they can't even beat Yemen, and I don't think the lack of funding is still to blame for the very poor finishes lately.

I'm still hoping for a miracle, much like everyone was doing in 2013. The Asian Cup is still within reach, but the Azkals and their fans have to dig in deep. It's going to be a long journey, maybe even longer than the journey Gilas fans embarked upon in 2009.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• MANILA – Arellano University captured its first ever National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Seniors Football crown by dethroning no less than defending champion San Beda College, 2-0, last January 19 (Tuesday) at the Rizal Memorial Stadium. Charles Gamutan and Jumbeng Guinabang delivered the winning goals in the winner-take-all showdown. READ MORE
        Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
        Servinio's Blog of Sports
        Servinio's Official YouTube channel
        Servinio's Official TWITTER account
        Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Philippines defeated North Korea 3-2. North Korea is probably the team with the highest reputation that the Azkals has beaten; North Korea made the World Cup in 2010.

Comment

• With that historic win against North Korea, we placed 3rd in the group and we move on to the third round of qualifications for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
            Originally posted by gideon
            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Philippine Football in 2018

HISTORY CONTINUED to unfold for the Philippine Azkals in 2018 as they qualified for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup that will commence this January in the United Arab Emirates. This marks the first time ever that the Filipinos will see action against the giants of Asian Football in the prestigious event seen as the continent’s equivalent of the FIFA World Cup. READ MORE
              Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
              Servinio's Blog of Sports
              Servinio's Official YouTube channel
              Servinio's Official TWITTER account
              Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing…

liteblue usps gov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                  Well i dont know where to put this, but Philippines are going to the FIFA World Cup..that's FIFA not FIBA!!!

Philippines Women's Team are now in SF as they beat CT in the penalty shootout, and gained automatic slot in the FIFA Women's World Cup.
                  Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  We have a football thread: https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...ppine-Football

And, holy shit, HELL YEAH! Our women's football team have nerves of steel. 2nd in the group, and now in the SF. Hope we can make the Finals.
                  Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  either football or basketball, we are destined to face SoKors. Male or Female..
                  Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  Crap. And SoKor is also a known football country. Hope we can hold against them.
                  Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                  last time Korea fought Azkals in FIFA, the Koreans won when they hit their goal in the final stretch of the game (67').
                  Our women's football team is on the right track. Hope they can get past the semis. Man, this is fun to see. Other sports are thriving, and I happen to like football as well. Let's go!

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    Our women's football team is on the right track. Hope they can get past the semis. Man, this is fun to see. Other sports are thriving, and I happen to like football as well. Let's go!
                    Di na malas ang mga Malditas!

Comment

hope they can group with USA or brazil in world cup next year.. i’ll save more money then watch some of their games.. will watch some matildas game as well
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                        Di na malas ang mga Malditas!
                        Sucks to lose to SoKor. But they already have a football tradition. We're just getting started.

We couldn't get a shot on target. None of our 9 shots were on target.

Anyways, onward to the World Cup!

Comment

• OT but football related: Real Madrid, the La Liga champions, are UEFA Champions League champions.

Comment

• I simply don't understand Schrocky was not included in the final line-up for the Asian Qualifiers next week at Mongolia...tsk..tsk..he's one of my favorite Azkals, it's just not fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYsx5sWTeA

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                              I simply don't understand Schrocky was not included in the final line-up for the Asian Qualifiers next week at Mongolia...tsk..tsk..he's one of my favorite Azkals, it's just not fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYsx5sWTeA
                              his off field issues and his style of play doesn’t suit dooley perhaps.. no issues from other players to dooley.. time for younger guys..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Glad that Gerrit Holtmann’s long awaited Azkals debut is now a reality, even though we’ve lost to Palestine bigtime due to some factors like familiarity, cohesiveness due to lack of practices among others, the good thing about GH is that donning and representing our beloved 3 Stars and A Sun gives more pride more than his BflVochum’s upset victory against the powerhouse Bayern Munich 4-1 last Feb. 2022 wherein he is responsible on one of the goals and what about that Goal of the Year 2021 against his former team FSV Mainz 05…very inspiring indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUfl6UBtsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSxhWnAlz6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJlRTgtvbvk

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information