Thread: 1/8: LTU vs ITA

Quote Originally Posted by Kings
    Free Throws:6/19
    Lithuania 13 turnovers can't believe

Quote Originally Posted by alfas
    Lithuania 13 turnovers can't believe
    and Macijauskas has only 5

Quote Originally Posted by DanMajerle
    Basile was the tragic guy, but heads up Gianluca, you're one of the best shooter in Europe ever and won so many games for Italy.
    He was,no more,he well past his prime,he is over.
    Italy has a good future and must find the courage to cut Basile and Marconato from the national team.
    Lithuania deserved to win,they are not a great team but they are solid in the paint and Macjiauskas is always one of the best international shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity
    p.s.=for BadMann: with Bargnani under our basket it would have been another story...
    and with Jasikevicius or Siskauskas it would be another story to so dont start that No masking. JCN.
    Last edited by Juan Carlos Nadal; 08-26-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    and Macijauskas has only 5
    without him we wouldn't be there where we are, if you have seen games of Lithuania you know what macijauskas means to our team, never mind these 5 turnovers, it's jus statistics

without him we wouldn't be there where we are, if you have seen games of Lithuania you know what macijauskas means to our team, never mind these 5 turnovers, it's jus statistics
    Yes I know that, he is Lithuania heard - boos of the team But on this level 5 turnovers this is too much ... this is star, star from NBA!

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    Yes I know that, he is Lithuania heard - boos of the team But on this level 5 turnovers this is too much ... this is star, star from NBA!
    star from the bench? he's just still not the same, wait for spring and i think he'll be unstopable with olympiakos, the only team to beat them will be Panathinaikos with Sishka and javtokas

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis
    and with Jasikevicius or Siskauskas it would be another story to so dont start that bulsh*t.
    stop with these posts: "if there were saras and... and ....and.." forget that! It's not an excuse for a bad performance! Lots of team don't have their bests, but they do not complain every second they have dificulties..

edit: relax _stuart
    Last edited by stuart; 08-26-2006 at 07:45 AM.

star from the bench? he's just still not the same, wait for spring and i think he'll be unstopable with olympiakos, the only team to beat them will be Panathinaikos with Sishka and javtokas
    Yes I think Panatinaicos have to say thank for that worlsd championship, course Macas will return to game in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis
    Yes I think Panatinaicos have to say thank for that worlsd championship, course Macas will return to game in it.
    ups mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Akyol
    What a tragical end. Basile -one of the best shooters Europe ever had- missed all ft's when he had the chance to tie the game!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF
    and Bellinelli with 4 ft in 14 seconds
    Don't forget that Kleiza and Songaila missed 4 in a row as well in the dying seconds. The pressure really got to the guys.

It was amazing how the 10 point Lithuanian lead evaporated almost in a matter of seconds in the 4th quarter - a Mordente trey in early offence with a foul, then two quick points by Italians after a quick Lithuanian turnover - and the game was equal again!

Quote Originally Posted by Z.A.L.I.A.
    stop with these posts: "if there were saras and... and ....and.." forget that! It's not an excuse for a bad performance! Lots of team don't have their bests, but they do not complain every second they have dificulties..
    read more carefully i dont complain.
    Last edited by stuart; 08-26-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Fiba website : LTU - Interview with Center Robertas Javtokas
    press then : Sorry, no news entry found.
    i hate this

Quote Originally Posted by wide
    Bellineli misses both FTs... then tip by Darjus , Basile gets fouled behind 3pt line!! AND BASILE MISSES ALL FTs!!!! Lithuania WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~
    basile 0 pts
    congrats to Liths group games were very unlucky but maybe this unlucky games helped you to play with italy this is why its called tournament

Ok,both teams had lots of absences,but given these problems,I think that LTU still is a more talented team.Even if Italy had qualified,I don't think they could go any farther..Whereas the Lithuanians,if they make a good game,can beat the Spaniards (or SCG-noone can rule them out yet...) who aren't exactly the greatest ''winners'' of all
    PS: Obradovic has to make Javtokas learn to shoot free throws...

Nice game ...It was so close ...they are very equal but Lithuania deserves to win no doubt !

i wanna say congrats to all lithuanian members .. it was close but i never though italy would win it .. simply no experience...

lithuania showed big time performance .... i beleive they still can go farther

bravo

fiba2006.com

LTU - Javtokas: "We wanted to avenge our loss in the Olympics"
    SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship)
    – Two days inside the FIBA World championship in Japan things weren't on the bright side of Lithuania with two close losses, but since then Anatas sireika's team is blossoming.

The 71-68 win over Italy in the elimination round is worth a quarter-finals ticket. Lithuania is on a roll with their fourth win in a row by now.

Center Robertas Javtokas is playing a key role in the run of the Green, that are just one win from the semi-finals now.

Against Italy he scored six points and grabbed eight rebounds, but five of them were on the offensive side, where Lithuania once again proved they have probably the best front line in the championship.

Talking with FIBA.com right after the big win Javtokas is happy to revenge Italy on the loss in the Olympics and has no preferences for the quarter-finals match-up.

FIBA: What made the change for your team from the bad opener all the way to here?

Javtokas: "Our first two games here in the championship were close and we lost them, but I guess it helped us for the future. We gained some experience. Also we wanted to revenge Italy for the loss in the Olympics. Six or seven guys on this team played there and it was in our heads. We didn't even have to talk about it, and it gave us motivation."

FIBA: The offensive rebounds in the finish saved you from elimination.

Javtokas: "I wasn't on the floor in the last seconds when we took the offensive rebounds, but it's no secret we have many good inside players, that can do things like that."

FIBA: Are you happy with the way you played today?

Javtokas: "I don’t think we played good today. We have to improve our game, and I really hope we'll do it already in the quarter finals game. We make too many turnovers and we must play better offense."

FIBA: Next is Serbia or Spain – who do you prefer?

Javtokas: "I really don't care who we meet in the quarter finals. Both teams are very good, and as far as I remember we don't need to revenge any one of them."
    Actually I think, Javtokas isn't the best offensive player, or FT shooter, but he definately has some defense and rebounding skills. Sometimes Lithuania plays better with him, sometimes not. Against Greece he had a terrible game, against Australia - good, today - decent.. Anyway he's valuable for this team usually, when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CHINA TEAM
    Both all nice!~Lithuania - Italy 50-50

tamen dou hen hao

Quote Originally Posted by qiangdade
    tamen dou hen hao
    Man, you got the tones wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast