Page 52 of 226 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4516

Thread: RP-Gilas in the Boris Stankovic Cup in Lebanon -aug 7 to 15

kudos to Asi, Balle and all the guys for fighting especially inside. I really thought that we will be blown off the court on this game.

But the best national team fans could easily go to Lebanon.
    How I wish we could give similar if not better on site(stadium) support to our team, especially when they play here.

how come the score of Philippines is 61 suddenly it became 59.. wiw even in the score there is something fish that happen, I hope we can win tomorrow's game it is not against host country so the referee might be friendly to us.

Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    asi, kelly and miller. this time, miller plays sg

excuse my french but who's the best SG in pba today? i want his number
    a lot.... dondon, james,cyrus,...to name a few..
    AKO AY PILIPINO...

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Sir with due respect and without malice but I dont think we played harsh defense. It's pesky defense. You see your players are like daddies to ours. Just observe the body structure of our players too young against your chiseled players.

THIS WOULD BE A BOLD STATEMENT BUT HOPEFULLY IF OUR TEAM WOULD BE COMPLETE AS MUCH AS I RESPECT YOUR TEAM WE COULD EASILY BEAT YOU. BASICALLY YOUR TEAM IS ALMOST AT IT'S PEAK PLAYER WISE AND SYSTEM WISE. YOU ARE JUST FORTUNATE THAT YOUR TEAM HAS ALL THE SUPPORT THAT YOU NEED UNLIKE US...BUT IN GOD'S PERFECT TIME HOPEFULLY WE COULD SEE A COMPLETE PHILIPPINE TEAM SYSTEM IN OF SYSTEM AND PLAYERS...
    we are missing 2 main players freiji and phares + khatib is like a lost sheep on court. the team did not fit yet with baldwin system. our defense is good u only scored 59 points but its our offense that sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Hindi pare Not most, some

Anyways emotions are high since it really has been such a long time that the Lebanese crowd has been waiting for such an event.
    Was the level of play worth it? For me definitely not but again as Rony Fahed was saying to the commentator (Ghayath), this is our first game since the Japan trip 2 weeks back so most of the players skills were rusty
    yeah I believed khalid80 he is a fair man.

It seemed that Casio was benched after his 3rd quarter heroics.
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese NT View Post
    we are missing 2 main players freiji and phares + khatib is like a lost sheep on court. the team did not fit yet with baldwin system. our defense is good u only scored 59 points but its our offense that sucks big time.
    Yeah, Khatib is not the Khatib that played in FIBA champions cup... Probably, he still adjusting to the system..

What can you say about our defense? i think we played good defense that is why your offense sucks big time..

that kind of physical defense executed by our team is not like how they did it before.
    are they powerade-dized by Asi?

good fight but the level is still far to achieve our main goal(2011).
    i give them 6 out of 10.

This game has been very dramatic, especially with those double technicals slapped on both teams.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DRRC
    61-69 leb 1:10 to go
    they can still do it, get a stop and 2 3s
    asi looks good
    tiu still off, team is looking better

can you imagine asi, douhit, greg, as front line
    doc, we should replace balle with asi. no offense balle fans but this is all for the good of the team
    doc, we should replace balle with asi. no offense balle fans but this is all for the good of the team
    YEAH JUST IMAGINE DOUHIT, ASI, KELLY, GREG, JAPETH, THEN JUST ADD ONE BIG GUARD IN OUR ROTATION BARACAEL SLIDES TO SF..

LEBANON, JAPAN,<= PHILIPPINES = KOREA => IRAN, CHINA,

WE WOULD REALLY BE AT PAR WITH THEM!!!!

WE WOULD GIVE THEM A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY ANY DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    This game has been very dramatic, especially with those double technicals slapped on both teams.
    i think those are just 1 technical foul and the team is on penalty that is why there were 2 more Free throws. in international basketball if you committed a technical foul they will award the ball to the opposing team and the technical foul is counted as a regular foul also.

Gilas badly needs a good fast break finisher and slasher the likes of Cardona, Baguio or Ryan Reyes.

If and only if greg can emulate Asi's move and knowledge in basketball this coming asian game I think we have very good chance of winning a medal even if douthit can't still play.

or maybe because our defense was holding you down also..

Quote Originally Posted by grahamtelly View Post
    i think those are just 1 technical foul and the team is on penalty that is why there were 2 more Free throws. in international basketball if you committed a technical foul they will award the ball to the opposing team and the technical foul is counted as a regular foul also.
    Sir plus ball possession.. Anyway, that's breaks of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DRRC
    61-69 leb 1:10 to go
    they can still do it, get a stop and 2 3s
    asi looks good
    tiu still off, team is looking better

can you imagine asi, douhit, greg, as front line

YEAH JUST IMAGINE DOUHIT, ASI, KELLY, GREG, JAPETH, THEN JUST ADD ONE BIG GUARD IN OUR ROTATION BARACAEL SLIDES TO SF..

LEBANON, JAPAN,<= PHILIPPINES = KOREA => IRAN, CHINA,

WE WOULD REALLY BE AT PAR WITH THEM!!!!

WE WOULD GIVE THEM A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY ANY DAY!!!
    This is exactly what we should do. Add 2 bulky PF's and one tall defensive PG/SG. A maximum of 3 players from the PBA, and we are good to go. No need to shake up the entire roster.

I like the way they played defense by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by semikotne View Post
    Sir plus ball possession?
    yup cause its a Technical foul automatically u retain the ball cause the opposing team committed the Technical foul.

strike out dondon because he's already got valerie

imo, we need to have a PBA sg like yap or miller
    anybody but not miller... he s*cks big time!
    AKO AY PILIPINO...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamtelly View Post
    yup cause its a Technical foul automatically u retain the ball cause the opposing team committed the Technical foul.
    my bad sir.. i got it that is why I edit my reply to your post... good luck to our team tomorrow...

freiji plays the 4 the position usually and i dont think he is unstoppable. if we can contain VROMAN then I dont think we will worry with your team. If phares and freij is there you will just have more people to rotate for the 4 or 3 position..
    khatib is not the TIGER of old if you just put someone bigger who could match his heft and could disrupt his shot then you could stop him. he is not flashy. he just bullies or muscled his way to the basket most of the time.

JUST IMAGINE IF WE HAVE DOUHIT, ASI, KELLY, GREG, OR JAPETH. WE COULD NEUTRALIZE YOUR POST THREATS. IF WE CAN DO THAT YOUR SHOOTERS LIKE FAHED AND FREIJI WILL NOT BE OPEN. I THINK IF BESHARA WOULD BE AROUND YOU WOULD BE MUCH BETTER HE IS VERY VERSATILE AND A GOOD SHOOTER. FREIJI IS VERY PREDICTABLE MOSTLY SHOOTS OUTSIDE NOT A THREAT INSIDE.

BUT THIS IS ALL WHAT IF!!! BUT HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HAPPEN TO OUR TEAM JUST A FEW ADDITION AND WE WOULD BE COMPLETE...
    GOODLUCK TO LEBANON IN WC... BUT I REALLY BELIEVE WE HAVE A LOT OF ADVANTAGES AGAINST YOUR TEAM... HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!! HOPEFULLY WILL MEET AGAIN IN THIS TOURNAMENT MAYBE WITH GREGGY OUR CHANCES WOULD BE A LITTLE BIT HIGHER...

Quote Originally Posted by semikotne View Post
    my bad sir.. i got it that is why I edit my reply to your post... good luck to our team tomorrow...
    No prob!. tomorrows game is the most crucial! go Gilas!! any news on Greggyboy???

Chris Tiu is starting to be a liability to the team

Page 52 of 226 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast