Page 12 of 226 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: RP-Gilas in the Boris Stankovic Cup in Lebanon -aug 7 to 15

namamangha = noli eala
    You've got to have it to win it

Quote Originally Posted by bognut View Post
    namamangha = noli eala
    If thats so then toromans request to add players from the PBA will not be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Liptong View Post
    If thats so then toromans request to add players from the PBA will not be possible...
    I do not think it is Sir Eala. I hope not

But if indeed they cannot get PBA players, then why does toroman keep on mentioning desire to get PBA players?

For sure being under the SBP, Gilas coaching staff should have been told already if this is the sentiment of SBP regardless of the reasons. In effect they shouldn't be talking to the press about adding PBA players.

It would just create confusion and false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDG2008 View Post
    I do not think it is Sir Eala. I hope not

But if indeed they cannot get PBA players, then why does toroman keep on mentioning desire to get PBA players?

For sure being under the SBP, Gilas coaching staff should have been told already if this is the sentiment of SBP regardless of the reasons. In effect they shouldn't be talking to the press about adding PBA players.

It would just create confusion and false hopes.
    that means there is a communication problem within the SBP-SMART GILAS circle itself.

hope they fix this before it goes out of hand .... remember GRAHAM LIM is out free due to a temporary release.
    If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

when I read the Phil. Star article
    I was LOL

Now seriously the clamor for a mini PBA pool be known as maybe they can be tested in this Stankovic Cup if we really indeed participating

about sir namamangha its toss up between ne and jb
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    when I read the Phil. Star article
    I was LOL

Now seriously the clamor for a mini PBA pool be known as maybe they can be tested in this Stankovic Cup if we really indeed participating

about sir namamangha its toss up between ne and jb
    or Graham Lim? buhay pa ba yun? lol

Quote Originally Posted by macan77 View Post
    or Graham Lim? buhay pa ba yun? lol
    nope he is really in SBP but seriously if he do not want to be identified let it be it his privacy
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    nope he is really in SBP but seriously if he do not want to be identified let it be it his privacy
    ofcourse, i know that he is from sbp..im just kidding around and its noli..kaya nga ginagawa niyang "clowns" ang ibang poster dito..trans..when he is irritated, he thinks he is in circus..lol..

Talk to their mother teams, tell them that their product logo would be put in these Gilas uniforms

imo,
    gilas should not participate in this tournament at this time.
    there is nothing to learn, as mr.tiu said they will only get clobbered.

they will be overwhelmed, and they will not learn that much from being overwhelmed.
    imagine them going against team USA, do you think its a beneficial game.i dont think so.

and if PBA players will be added to beef up the team,imo its not that good.
    unless the PBA will support the national team once again and help achieve the getting out of reach dream of qualifying for the 2012 olympics.

there is really no point to include PBA players in our team that will participate in this tournament.
    what are they going to do there? try to win?then if they win what after?the pba players will return to their club teams. what happened to our national team?did they learn? was it that beneficial to their development? i dont think it is.

i think the officials should communicate better than how they are now.
    they should realize what is happening and stop those hope thing. battle with reality and not battle through hopes.
    nothing will be achieved if we put our prides first.

i suggest that leaders should be kept from limelight and media.
    it destroys programs. pride and egos boosts up to the highest level.
    silent wars are everywhere.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDurant View Post
    Talk to their mother teams, tell them that their product logo would be put in these Gilas uniforms
    would repost again:

Quote Originally Posted by namamangha
    People, please STOP already with this "maybe-this-guy-and-that-guy-will-join-Gilas" talk! (Devance?! Fajardo?! Banchero?! etc?!)

NONE OF THEM WILL BE ADDED.

THERE WILL EVEN BE DELETIONS.
    If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ariel_muhlach View Post
    would repost again:
    don't worry they'll get williams and ryan reyes..that's why they are in Talk and text..that's the whole plan..but for other players outside talk and text, that's where the problem will come in..

Quote Originally Posted by macan77 View Post
    don't worry they'll get williams and ryan reyes..that's why they are in Talk and text..that's the whole plan..but for other players outside talk and text, that's where the problem will come in..
    Talk and Text is playing in the semifinals, TnT Can not afford to loan K.will and R.Reyes during this time. How i wish they can get the service of taulava,norwood,sol mercado even just for this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
    Talk and Text is playing in the semifinals, TnT Can not afford to loan K.will and R.Reyes during this time. How i wish they can get the service of taulava,norwood,sol mercado even just for this tournament.
    i'm thinking about asian games..

firing Toroman is a mistake... pointing fingers against a respectable coach is nonsense... SBP is the problem... the people in the SBP is the problem... i hope MVP will be enlightened...

Quote Originally Posted by jesronne View Post
    firing Toroman is a mistake... pointing fingers against a respectable coach is nonsense... SBP is the problem... the people in the SBP is the problem... i hope MVP will be enlightened...
    Correction: The PBA is the problem
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

SBP and PBA are not the problems

Both have problems

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    imo,
    gilas should not participate in this tournament at this time.
    there is nothing to learn, as mr.tiu said they will only get clobbered.

they will be overwhelmed, and they will not learn that much from being overwhelmed.
    imagine them going against team USA, do you think its a beneficial game.i dont think so.

and if PBA players will be added to beef up the team,imo its not that good.
    unless the PBA will support the national team once again and help achieve the getting out of reach dream of qualifying for the 2012 olympics.

there is really no point to include PBA players in our team that will participate in this tournament.
    what are they going to do there? try to win?then if they win what after?the pba players will return to their club teams. what happened to our national team?did they learn? was it that beneficial to their development? i dont think it is.

i think the officials should communicate better than how they are now.
    they should realize what is happening and stop those hope thing. battle with reality and not battle through hopes.
    nothing will be achieved if we put our prides first.

i suggest that leaders should be kept from limelight and media.
    it destroys programs. pride and egos boosts up to the highest level.
    silent wars are everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by talion
    playing in this tourney is a bad idea if we play to win. at this point, we already know the weaknesses of smart gilas so there's no point in honing what cant be perfected.
    we should just use this tourney as practice match, nothing more. we'll come in full force in the asiad when we already naturalize douthit, and acquire kwill and hopefully reyes, in the absence of stanley p.
    Quote Originally Posted by protossdomain
    True that.

As I've said to another forumer, I don't believe that the problems of Smart Gilas were not addressed. It's just that they are now on their limitations to which they will probably be unable to progress beyond what we are hoping for or expect from them.

On the other hand, I guess we should not take away from them their will to at least be competitive enough to try to win games.

Rather that that, your on point mate.

I like. >_<

Smart Gilas should and must play. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by protossdomain View Post
    Smart Gilas should and must play. >_<
    my point there is that what is the use of those PBA players for our team..that those pba players will disappear after the tournament.
    no point in playing because its not for development..

and if they go all gilas line up..imo the negatives will overwhelm the probable positives that they will get..

btw will this tournament affect our FIBA points??
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    my point there is that what is the use of those PBA players for our team..that those pba players will disappear after the tournament.
    no point in playing because its not for development..

and if they go all gilas line up..imo the negatives will overwhelm the probable positives that they will get..

btw will this tournament affect our FIBA points??
    no..but I guess it could make us automatically qualified for the Fiba-Asia Championships.

About 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup

The 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup is the qualifying event for the 26th FIBA Asia Championship in 2011, incidentally also to be hosted at Beirut, which in turn will be the qualifying event for 2012 London Olympics.

The winners of the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup will automatically qualify for the 26th FIBA Asia Championship in 2011. The top five teams at the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup will earn additional berths for their respective FIBA Asia sub zones.

System of competition

The 10 teams are drawn into two Groups of five each for the Preliminary Round. Each team will play all the others in their respective Groups. The top four from each Group will advance to the knockout Quarterfinals. The teams finishing fifth in the groups will play off for the 9th place
    Last edited by Alex07; 07-22-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Page 12 of 226 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast