Japanese Anime and Manga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weward View Post
    did Ging Freecs(Gon's Dad) ever appeared in hunter x hunter? i heard HxH is still not finished(?)

BTW, I saw an anime called "TO LOVE RU". Its amazing!
    Its quite mature(graphic wise) but its cool...
    It will make you wish for time to turn back to your highschool days and wish everything in the anime would happen to you too.
    i haven't seen the whole anime, just a few episodes, but it strucked me. lol

btw, anyone knows the history of that anime? are there season 1 and 2?
    there is also called MOTTO to love ru, is it different from to love ru?
    gin didnt appear on the last scene, that was the same guy that helped him when he was attacked by a bear, i dont know if its the end.

Idk to love ru but it sounds familiar. And japanese always have these highschool themes, maybe its the micromini skirts of female students...

Comment

did Ging Freecs(Gon's Dad) ever appeared in hunter x hunter? i heard HxH is still not finished(?)

BTW, I saw an anime called "TO LOVE RU". Its amazing!
      Its quite mature(graphic wise) but its cool...
      It will make you wish for time to turn back to your highschool days and wish everything in the anime would happen to you too.
      i haven't seen the whole anime, just a few episodes, but it strucked me. lol

btw, anyone knows the history of that anime? are there season 1 and 2?
      there is also called MOTTO to love ru, is it different from to love ru?

Indeed BITIN!..
      remember the last episode where ging used his card (w/his friend) to go to his dad (the creator of the game).. then suddenly it finished!...
      HAHAHAHAH!.. what a spoiler!..

Comment

hunterxhunters greed island OVA sucks...
        welcome back! lost kings of Asian basketball!

Comment

Been watching Kuroko's Basketball.

Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            Been watching Kuroko's Basketball.

Is it realistic like slam dunk?

Comment

It is based on realistic settings but there are times when the action becomes more of the anime element where the dunks seem unreal given that it is youth basketball. There is a bit of basketball science involve where the action takes place in the hard court. Viewers are thrust into the perspective of the point guard and mechanics like diversion, tempo, defending mismatches are discussed in a coaching / player's perspective.

Given that there are very rare basketball anime created nowadays, I just watch it for the sake of basketball.

Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

It is based on realistic settings but there are times when the action becomes more of the anime element where the dunks seem unreal given that it is youth basketball. There is a bit of basketball science involve where the action takes place in the hard court. Viewers are thrust into the perspective of the point guard and mechanics like diversion, tempo, defending mismatches are discussed in a coaching / player's perspective.

Given that there are very rare basketball anime created nowadays, I just watch it for the sake of basketball.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kurokos-basketball
                been reading this since last year, and the anime started last may and on its 11 episode already.
                a very good anime .

Comment

I will recommend to everyone Blue Exorcist. It revolves around a catholic theme, unlikely for a non-catholic society like Japan. Although there are scenes similar to other series, especially the anime, the creators compensated it with funny dialogues and portrayals, making the scary theme appear very lightly.

Comment

Ninja-Scroll-Poster.jpg

NINJA SCROLL - THE MOVIE
                    Awesome!!! its like Naruto for mature audience- blood and guts spilled plus some x-rated scenes. actually the fact that it pre-dates Naruto makes it even more special coz Naruto evolved from it. They also came up with a series but didn't have the same impact to me as the movie. Must-watch imo.

Comment

Anyone knows when will HunterXHunter resume? It has been on a break since May i think....
                      hunter x hunter always takes a long break, how long is the average break?

Comment

Anime fans can now pit Slamdunk's Shohoku against Kuroko!

Comment

Looking for the full-length film crossover of Detective Conan and Lupin III showing December. Any fans out there?
                          Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kurokos-basketball
                            And speaking of basketball, here is one for girls' basketball: Ro-Kyu-Bu!

32643.jpg

50697.jpg

It's an anime series based on the light novel by Sagu Aoyama. Its first season was released sometime during the 2011 NBA lockout. The second season first aired 2 years later.

Beware of the so-called "lolicon" content, though. It has been quite controversial due to the coach of the hero team being a high school male and the players being 10-11 year-old female grade schoolers, and so the haters say it promotes pedophilia when in fact it doesn't. But damn, when you see the girls play, you just can't help but say, "hey, a grade schooler can't do that!"

This anime is one of my inspirations for creating my own light novel about girls' basketball.
                            Originally posted by gideon
                            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Chinese actress Viann Zhang

aim low, score high

Comment

Anyone knows when will HunterXHunter resume? It has been on a break since May i think....
                                hunter x hunter always takes a long break, how long is the average break?
                                Well, I guess you know it by now, but it has resumed this summer
                                And probably you have seen the anime series that was running from 2011 until couple weeks ago, that covered the whole chimera arc and voting arc...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information