No announcement yet.

Which countries will dominate 2010s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Spain,will be almost impossible to repeat results from last two decades,despite they would good in next decade . France ,in next few years is on crossing generation ,so in complete result of the decade that will be significant . Serbia has crisis with age 17-23 ,that could bring many problems since 2024 for example .

Israel has few excellent generations 18-21,some players are able to lead senior national team ,on high level .

Australia and Canada announce better years , but these two countries doesnt have basic system of basketball .What I mean ,almost amateur leagues ,too early going of players in Usa .After if they became good players,they play in Nba ,what aggravate playing for nt ,and even if they play ,they will play with teammates from nt ,maybe first time in life.So,its serious problem lack of connection between players from these two countries and nt,but isnt unsolvable . Very responsibility is on the basketball association,coaches of young teams ,and coach of senior team .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
      For Spain,will be almost impossible to repeat results from last two decades,despite they would good in next decade . France ,in next few years is on crossing generation ,so in complete result of the decade that will be significant . Serbia has crisis with age 17-23 ,that could bring many problems since 2024 for example .

Israel has few excellent generations 18-21,some players are able to lead senior national team ,on high level .

Australia and Canada announce better years , but these two countries doesnt have basic system of basketball .What I mean ,almost amateur leagues ,too early going of players in Usa .After if they became good players,they play in Nba ,what aggravate playing for nt ,and even if they play ,they will play with teammates from nt ,maybe first time in life.So,its serious problem lack of connection between players from these two countries and nt,but isnt unsolvable . Very responsibility is on the basketball association,coaches of young teams ,and coach of senior team .
      About Israel: Zoosman, Avdija and Madar build a good core no objection but top 10 is a bit overestimation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        Canada was and is rosterwise always one of the strongest teams but the canadian federation never manages to summon the best guys. Same goes for the tall blacks from NZ and also for the boomers from Australia. Steven Adams, one of my sons and probably the strongest player in the NBA has been refusing to play for the tall blacks for years right now. Same goes for the boomers. So having so many NBA players is not always a good thing.

The point of the discussion is not if Spain has good guys or not. Of course the hernangomez bros are fairly talented guys but they are not a Marc and Pau which makes them strong but not dominant.

The same goes for Serbia. Micic, Jovic etc are solid guys no doubt about that but they cant fill the gap of the play making abilities of Teodosic
        They don't need to fill in Teo's shoes and Serbia doesn't have to find new Teodosić. Serbia was heavily dependent on Teo's playmaking and his craftiness in the last decade, but now situation is quite different. Talent depth is much bigger, and when you have Micić as your starting point guard (not as good as Teo, but still one of the best point guards in Euroleague right now), Jokić who in fact is a point guard in a center's body and who is running an entire offense of NBA playoff team that is completely dependent on his playmaking (I don't remember such case in NBA history), then Bogdan who has become a complete guard and works great as a secondary ball handler, it's really not priority to find new "Teo", because all of these guys are in their prime years or are about to enter prime years of their careers.

I think KokoÅ¡kov is a smart guy, he knows what he has in Jokić and I'm sure he will make Jokić's playmaking as a focal point of his offensive system. Add in guys like Micić, Bogdan, Jović who all have excellent playmaking abilities, it turns out you have even too much of playmaking. And If Teo is going to play at least two more years, it actually might be a problem to fit them all together. Sweet problem though. Talent wise, Serba is in great position, much better than in previous decade, but who knows if it's going to translate to winning medals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
          They don't need to fill in Teo's shoes and Serbia doesn't have to find new Teodosić. Serbia was heavily dependent on Teo's playmaking and his craftiness in the last decade, but now situation is quite different. Talent depth is much bigger, and when you have Micić as your starting point guard (not as good as Teo, but still one of the best point guards in Euroleague right now), Jokić who in fact is a point guard in a center's body and who is running an entire offense of NBA playoff team that is completely dependent on his playmaking (I don't remember such case in NBA history), then Bogdan who has become a complete guard and works great as a secondary ball handler, it's really not priority to find new "Teo", because all of these guys are in their prime years or are about to enter prime years of their careers.

I think Kokoškov is a smart guy, he knows what he has in Jokić and I'm sure he will make Jokić's playmaking as a focal point of his offensive system. Add in guys like Micić, Bogdan, Jović who all have excellent playmaking abilities, it turns out you have even too much of playmaking. And If Teo is going to play at least two more years, it actually might be a problem to fit them all together. Sweet problem though. Talent wise, Serba is in great position, much better than in previous decade, but who knows if it's going to translate to winning medals.
          I wouldnt be that sure about Jokics impact in the NT. The first try was bad. He attitude in Tournaments is contra productive. Reminds me more of a Cousins with his undisciplined behavior and its also not sure if he participates everywhere. I think clear roles with one leader is more important than overall talent.

Stand now this new team must show that it can reach the successes of the older generation. I am not sure about that.

Comment

I wouldnt be that sure about Jokics impact in the NT. The first try was bad. He attitude in Tournaments is contra productive. Reminds me more of a Cousins with his undisciplined behavior and its also not sure if he participates everywhere. I think clear roles with one leader is more important than overall talent.

Stand now this new team must show that it can reach the successes of the older generation. I am not sure about that.
            You were not speaking about roles, but overall talent. In that case current Serbian roster is clearly superior and more talented than any of those from the last decade. It's another question if it will reach success of the last decade, it won't be easy, those teams were both talented and cohesive.

About Jokić, he failed to deliver what was expected from him for one simple reason - he was played out of his position. And he was mediocre, just as he was mediocre every time Malone tried to pair him with another heavy center (Nurkić) in his first two years in NBA. He's got all the skills to be every bit as good in FIBA game as he is in the NBA. Fiba game is still centered around basic basketball skills - shooting, passing, dribbling, and Jokić thrives in all of those skills. It is as simple as that. You can limit some of that, but you can't take it all without sacrificing other aspects of the game, and Jokić is brutal at punishing what defense chooses to give him. It's just a matter of making a proper fits around him. How often will Jokić play I have no idea, but this thread is anyway all about hypothetical talk, not some clear and firm reality facts.

Bogdan is a clear leader of this generation. That is obvious since 2017.

Comment

You were not speaking about roles, but overall talent. In that case current Serbian roster is clearly superior and more talented than any of those from the last decade. It's another question if it will reach success of the last decade, it won't be easy, those teams were both talented and cohesive.

About Jokić, he failed to deliver what was expected from him for one simple reason - he was played out of his position. And he was mediocre, just as he was mediocre every time Malone tried to pair him with another heavy center (Nurkić) in his first two years in NBA. He's got all the skills to be every bit as good in FIBA game as he is in the NBA. Fiba game is still centered around basic basketball skills - shooting, passing, dribbling, and Jokić thrives in all of those skills. It is as simple as that. You can limit some of that, but you can't take it all without sacrificing other aspects of the game, and Jokić is brutal at punishing what defense chooses to give him. It's just a matter of making a proper fits around him. How often will Jokić play I have no idea, but this thread is anyway all about hypothetical talk, not some clear and firm reality facts.

Bogdan is a clear leader of this generation. That is obvious since 2017.
              You cant change the geometry of the game in 2 weeks tournaments. Jokic of course can play make from the inside but you will never see him as effective as he is in Denver. He will have room to show his passing skills in transition and inside but he wont be used as a point center or lets say be the main decision maker so you cant imo not compare his effectiveness in play making with Teos impact. So comparing Teodosic with Jokic is nonsense thats why I called Jovic and Micic.

In such short prep time and tournaments the most important factor is a play maker. The difference was for example shown by Campazzo in the game against Serbia.

This is of course speculation and well see how things develop
              Last edited by Toruko; 07-17-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

You cant change the geometry of the game in 2 weeks tournaments. Jokic of course can play make from the inside but you will never see him as effective as he is in Denver. He will have room to show his passing skills in transition and inside but he wont be used as a point center or lets say be the main decision maker so you cant imo not compare his effectiveness in play making with Teos impact. So comparing Teodosic with Jokic is nonsense thats why I called Jovic and Micic.

This is of course speculation and well see how things develop
                No one is trying to change geometry of the game. When I wrote that Jokić will be just as good in FIBA as he is in the NBA, I'm not thinking about sheer numbers. Serbia doesn't need him to average 20/10/7 to be successful, because he is not the lonely ranger in this Serbian roster. Scoring will be balanced and he won't have to force anything. And that is why I think FIBA game will be even easier for him.

No one is comparing Teo with Jokić. I'm just stating that Serbia will have a uniqe chance to exploit playmaing from the high post and low post. In combination with traditional playmaking from Micić, Jović and Bogdanović, it will be more than enough to overcome Teo's impact, even add more playmaking versatility from every spot on the floor.

Comment

No one is trying to change geometry of the game. When I wrote that Jokić will be just as good in FIBA as he is in the NBA, I'm not thinking about sheer numbers. Serbia doesn't need him to average 20/10/7 to be successful, because he is not the lonely ranger in this Serbian roster. Scoring will be balanced and he won't have to force anything. And that is why I think FIBA game will be even easier for him.

No one is comparing Teo with Jokić. I'm just stating that Serbia will have a uniqe chance to exploit playmaing from the high post and low post. In combination with traditional playmaking from Micić, Jović and Bogdanović, it will be more than enough to overcome Teo's impact, even add more playmaking versatility from every spot on the floor.
                  This I doubt strongly. It shows for me like there are too many decision maker and too few who would make the dirty work on the court. Material is enough in Serbias potential roster. Now lets see what Koko is capable of with his roster.

Comment

This I doubt strongly. It shows for me like there are too many decision maker and too few who would make the dirty work on the court. Material is enough in Serbias potential roster. Now lets see what Koko is capable of with his roster.
                    True, making them all happy with their roles will be the biggest challenge, but the potential is very exciting if they all click.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information