VTB League 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC Khimki - Zalgiris 78:76

What a primitive tactics by Khimki. Give the ball to Lengford and immediately
    step aside. Better to go at this time to smoke the bamboo in the corner...

Comment

In the last day of the regular season Azovmash beat Zalgiris away and consequently booked their place in the Final 4. The other three teams are all from mother Russia - CSKA, Khimki and UNICS respectively. CSKA should probably win this trophy now, as the final stage is played in their gym. Good luck to Azovmash though - this team seems to be on the right track and has some really individually strong players.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
        In the last day of the regular season Azovmash beat Zalgiris away and consequently booked their place in the Final 4. The other three teams are all from mother Russia - CSKA, Khimki and UNICS respectively. CSKA should probably win this trophy now, as the final stage is played in their gym. Good luck to Azovmash though - this team seems to be on the right track and has some really individually strong players.
        Thank god i was working today.
        I called my father after i finished my shift,and after hearing his voice i though somebody had died in the family.
        Well,Zalgiris lost apparently.Again.
        Not surprised,do not care ,not till LKL finals,but even here i am not that confident.
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Spartak, Lokomotiv, ČEZ and Astana will join VTB next season...but system will be the same.

Two more Russian teams look like a joke. Why? Hush.

The most interesting thing is Astana...seriously..can't understand it....Astana right now is 2nd in their local league (Barsy is 1st) and that Barsy this season played in BBL Challenge Cup where they barely won against worst teams...
          I'm on twitter

Comment

Ponomarev is still with Astana right? At least it'll be good to see him playing at a higher level.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
              The most interesting thing is Astana...seriously..can't understand it....Astana right now is 2nd in their local league (Barsy is 1st) and that Barsy this season played in BBL Challenge Cup where they barely won against worst teams...
              they will create a new project. rumours said that Tikhonenko recently invited to the gm role.
              the first step was opening a new hall:

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Ponomarev is still with Astana right? At least it'll be good to see him playing at a higher level.
              no, he isn't. http://forums.interbasket.net/f24/ka...y-2341/p4.html (post #74). he said he didnt want to return to Kazakhstan, because level of their league is too low

Comment

I've heard about that too, they're planning to invite "good players". Still very questionable who is good for them in any case, they should grab few Lithuanians, that would be damn useful
                I'm on twitter

Comment

Astana's budget for next season will be approximately $ 5 million. from the old team is likely no one left. Samruk-Kazyna will be general sponsor. current coach Strebkov continue working in the club (not yet known in what status)

Comment

Originally posted by Walken View Post
                    Astana's budget for next season will be approximately $ 5 million. from the old team is likely no one left. Samruk-Kazyna will be general sponsor. current coach Strebkov continue working in the club (not yet known in what status)
                    5 million dollars? Or you misunderstood and are talking about 5 million rubles? Well, I hope they'll be at least one Lithuanian...with them in a team would be much more interesting to watch their team
                    I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                      5 million dollars? Or you misunderstood and are talking about 5 million rubles? Well, I hope they'll be at least one Lithuanian...with them in a team would be much more interesting to watch their team
                      use the link on the wiki in previous post and look what is Samruk-Kazyna

750 mln tenge is ~ 5 mln dollars
                      think if they will not stolen, as is customary in the CIS, it may very well come out.
                      it will be created the basketball analog of hockey team Barys

Comment

use the link on the wiki in previous post and look what is Samruk-Kazyna

750 mln tenge is ~ 5 mln dollars
                        think if they will not stolen, as is customary in the CIS, it may very well come out.
                        it will be created the basketball analog of hockey team Barys
                        I know, I'm just joking.
                        I'm on twitter

Comment

Matteo Boniciolli takes over BC Astana - Apr 23, 2011 (by Eurobasket News)
                          BC Astana announced very important news today. The newly formed team from the Kazakhstan capital hired Matteo Boniciolli (agency: Beo Basket ) as a Head Coach for season 2011/12. BC Astana will compete in VTB United League and hiring of well respected Italian coach was their first move. The GM of BC Astana is a basketball legend Valery Tikhonenko.
                          Matteo Boniciolli worked this season with Lottomatica Virtus Roma, who competed in Italian SerieA and in Euroleague as well. They parted ways in January. Boniciolli worked with Lottomatica also last season. In 2009, he won the EuroChallenge Cup with La Fortezza Bologna. That same season he helped the team reach the Italian Cup Finals. In 2008, Matteo Boniciolli led La Fortezza to Italian Cup trophy and was named All-Italian SerieA Coach of the Year. In the past, Boniciolli was working with Air Avelino, Teramo, Fortitudo, Messina and Udine. In 2004, he reached the Belgian Cup Finals with Oostende. Boniciolli also has experience from the Italian National Team, where he worked as assistant coach in the past.

Comment

Khimky won the title after a hard fought battle with CSKA which ended 66-64 in favor of the "Moscow regioners". A small token of success after a disappointing season at both PBL and Euroleague, congrats to them!

Comment

It will be like middle east clubs for top european football players in their twilight.
                              Although in current financial climate some big names might sign as well,who knows
                              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

What a change a coach makes... After the incapable Scariolo who used a very big budget and a ver deep roster to run a one-man show, Kurtinaitis has turned this eternal loser team into a bunch of resilient fighters who have beaten Unics and CSKA back-to-back and will surely have a word or two more to say in the PBL playoffs as opposed to what could be expected a month ago.

Congratulations to Khimki and their new VTB Final Four MVP Vitaly Fridzon!
                                burnstein

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information