VTB League 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
    I agree with you and i really hope that VTB League will never replace our domestic leagues. Moreover, for me would be more interesting to see junior tournament where we could see young guys from CSKA, Zalgiris, BC Khimki, LR, Partizan, Cibona, Budivelnik, VEF, Olimpija. Here at least we could see the INTRIGUE...
    Junior? Does every club have it? Rytas have quite nice junior team, which plays in the first domestic league. I bet they would win.

And such tournament wouldn't be sponsored.

Comment

yeah . And who will give money to these young teams ? Sponsors are not interested in such "product".
      VEF Riga has something similar to Rytas , they have 18 players in roster , 6 of them will play in Latvian league + some guys from 1st team will play + there will be guys who will be after injury to get into shape.
      They will concentrate on Uleb cup + VTB + some games in BBL. In Latvian league teams name will be VEF/Juniors , i think its future model , and lithunians can do same if EL will give advanced EL slots to VTB , i mean priority will become VTB , not LKL because of EL spot.
      Now we have 12 teams , i hope next year we'll have 16 teams and full 2 rounded system. Missing teams should be from Russia , mb 2-3 or all 4, i dont know situation in russian basketball , but yesterday i was watching Shirokovs interview ( VTB GM , who is interested , i can give link in russian lg ) he said , that there was big interest from ~4-5 teams to participate this year , but it was unreal , because , for example Ventpils dont have airport in their city, the nearest is Riga , so its about 200 km , same happened with Anwil, Tartu and i think 1 Ukrainian team , so , my lithuanian friend , its hard to believe ,that Saulai will play in VTB.

Comment

Originally posted by archaz View Post
        yeah . And who will give money to these young teams ? Sponsors are not interested in such "product".
        VEF Riga has something similar to Rytas , they have 18 players in roster , 6 of them will play in Latvian league + some guys from 1st team will play + there will be guys who will be after injury to get into shape.
        They will concentrate on Uleb cup + VTB + some games in BBL. In Latvian league teams name will be VEF/Juniors , i think its future model , and lithunians can do same if EL will give advanced EL slots to VTB , i mean priority will become VTB , not LKL because of EL spot.
        Now we have 12 teams , i hope next year we'll have 16 teams and full 2 rounded system. Missing teams should be from Russia , mb 2-3 or all 4, i dont know situation in russian basketball , but yesterday i was watching Shirokovs interview ( VTB GM , who is interested , i can give link in russian lg ) he said , that there was big interest from ~4-5 teams to participate this year , but it was unreal , because , for example Ventpils dont have airport in their city, the nearest is Riga , so its about 200 km , same happened with Anwil, Tartu and i think 1 Ukrainian team , so , my lithuanian friend , its hard to believe ,that Saulai will play in VTB.
        Klimavičius (Šiauliai GM) said that guys from VTB offered them to play in VTB next season, but because of money reasons, roster and other stuff, they was thinking, what to choose - EuroCup or VTB and they chose EuroCup (prestige).

By the way, why 200km bothers them? It's kinda short distance...for example, it's not the problem in BBL (yeah, I know about distances from other Russian cities), but it's just a few hours, that's isn't that much.

Oh, LKL have Euroleague slot, so while Žalgiris have licence and Lietuvos Rytas wins LKL over them, then everything is ok. And...if Lietuvos Rytas won't win LKL, then they'll participate in Euroleague qullification. VTB could be like second option, but LKL always will be our priority (opposite is BBL...)

What's about junior teams...we have Perlas who next season will be playing LKL and BBL, they're good and next season even can be 3rd in LKL (that would mean EuroCup), everyone sees Perlas with big potential. And Rytas have 14 players in their first team (some of them are young prospects), it's system like and I don't think many teams would be interested in that.
        I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
          Klimavičius (Å iauliai GM) said that guys from VTB offered them to play in VTB next season, but because of money reasons, roster and other stuff, they was thinking, what to choose - EuroCup or VTB and they chose EuroCup (prestige).

By the way, why 200km bothers them? It's kinda short distance...for example, it's not the problem in BBL (yeah, I know about distances from other Russian cities), but it's just a few hours, that's isn't that much.
          I dont know, but as i said - it was Shirokovs words , maybe in future 200km will not bother them , but know, when teams are playing in 3-4 tournaments ,it's too phisically hard for players to fly to Riga and then drive 3 hours to Ventspils.

About Eurocups prestige - too hard to believe , in VTB League u have 9-10 guaranteed high level games + from financial side they only wins, because theres system like in Champions League.

Comment

I dont know, but as i said - it was Shirokovs words , maybe in future 200km will not bother them , but know, when teams are playing in 3-4 tournaments ,it's too phisically hard for players to fly to Riga and then drive 3 hours to Ventspils.

About Eurocups prestige - too hard to believe , in VTB League u have 9-10 guaranteed high level games + from financial side they only wins, because theres system like in Champions League.

Well, no one order them to play in 4 tournaments. It's their own thing, they can do as they wish Like Lietuvos Rytas and Žalgiris gonna have more than 12 players because they'll play in many tournaments.

Well, you know...EuroCup have good teams, everyone just are looking differently at EuroCup and VTB. I don't know many people who look at VTB as "very good tournament" and etc. It's just things like that. I don't know details, I'm just sayin' what I've heard.
            I'm on twitter

Comment

because we need each other.
              Theres no secret that in Baltics we have good level , but we dont have enough money ,
              What?
              is it a secret for you to reckon?
              But let me help you - apart from Zalgiris and Lrytas ,and that it is,there is no "we" in Baltic's good level.Just 2 Lithuanian teams- so stop that -we - baltic -decent- teams- shit.
              There are no teams from latvia or estionia as in team or as a country to compare to the level of decent
              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Ofc, with russian money we'll not have decent team and for all Russia it's better to stay and play in their own shitty league with stupid limit and overpaid domestic players. We see how much new players they have, thats why there's always actual question about new american guy with passport.
                In hockey we already proved that with money from Russia we can achieve something.
                Batutin clearly million times said ,that its not interesting to play in Russia league , because theres only 2-3 opponents , the Russian players stays in Russia ,because they get overpaid with this stupid limit , theres no progress at all.
                Look @ Monya , he was NBA level players, then he got contract in Dynamo for about million dollars , now he's worth in Europe about 10k ?

Comment

Ofc, with russian money we'll not have decent team and for all Russia it's better to stay and play in their own shitty league with stupid limit and overpaid domestic players. We see how much new players they have, thats why there's always actual question about new american guy with passport.
                  In hockey we already proved that with money from Russia we can achieve something.
                  Batutin clearly million times said ,that its not interesting to play in Russia league , because theres only 2-3 opponents , the Russian players stays in Russia ,because they get overpaid with this stupid limit , theres no progress at all.
                  Look @ Monya , he was NBA level players, then he got contract in Dynamo for about million dollars , now he's worth in Europe about 10k ?
                  My friend, maybe we have quite overpaid players, but Latvia except Biedrins,Valters and Blums has only MEDIOCRE players at all. Current qualifying games your NT just confirmed that one more time...

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                    My friend, maybe we have quite overpaid players, but Latvia except Biedrins,Valters and Blums has only MEDIOCRE players at all. Current qualifying games your NT just confirmed that one more time...
                    From last EC we have only 2 players left - Freimanis and Kalve , who were last guys in team.
                    Then, this year we dont have 10 ( ! ) best players , who said "no" to NT or r disq.
                    And in the end, it was Russia who won us in EC in nervous end ? With McCarty who scored more than 20 points ?
                    Yes , we dont have branded name in Europe , but dont say they are poor if your NT won only because of one american.

About qual, put "Hvostovs" , "Shveds" etc as team leaders , who are playing 30+ mins and see the result.

Comment

I think Russian basketball is being kind of misjudged generally.In the past and nowadays as well.
                      IN Lithuania we have only a basketball - that is it.In Russia ,on the other hand,basketball is behind football and ice hockey in terms of importance,plus let's do not forget handball and volleyball.PLus all individual sports like athletics,swimming or chess,etc winter sports,you name it...All them expected to deliver medals.NO more,no less.
                      And basketball delivers - man got gold in euro 07,and i think woman basketball is the best example -in Europe's championships they had 7 medals in the last 15 years.

Plus Olympics and world championships i did not look up for.
                      How about youths ? They do get medals on regular basis as well.
                      So all well then?
                      I do not think so
                      Russia (man) have never been favourites to win anything since soviet times
                      - although they did so ,probably because nowadays they have too much money and they want results straight away on club level.
                      (And every time CSKA wins,all the other heads roll).
                      Anyway,for once,i think this competition might be useful for Russians to get and sustain decent level throughout without getting heads chopped for loosing it as it deems to be not that important
                      gee,too tired to go on

Comment

Really nice to see Finnish team in VTB league.
                        Here is the schedule:
                        http://www.vtb-league.com/en/news/180/default.aspx

Honka will play home games at Barona arena:
                        http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...ize=0&arID=108

Comment

VTB regular season is starting today with a match between red hot CSKA and lithuanian champs Rytas This could be a blowout game, since Rytas seemed to be struggling badly with their play in preparation matches, but it also could be a good match, knowing that CSKA isn't in their best shape either. Good luck to both teams and nice basketball season to all of us

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                            VTB regular season is starting today with a match between red hot CSKA and lithuanian champs Rytas This could be a blowout game, since Rytas seemed to be struggling badly with their play in preparation matches, but it also could be a good match, knowing that CSKA isn't in their best shape either. Good luck to both teams and nice basketball season to all of us
                            i do not think CSKA is red hot at the moment,not with injured players like Chriapa,Kaun,Voroncevic or Holden - any of them could easily be in starting five on a given day.
                            Anyway,for the three quarters game was close enough to enjoy until Gordon and Siska took matters in their own hands.For me it is still early into the season to make decisions about teams potential,but i bet that Vainauskas is itching already.And what happened to Jomantas - clearly 1,5 minutes isnt sufficient for the player of his calibre.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                              i do not think CSKA is red hot at the moment,not with injured players like Chriapa,Kaun,Voroncevic or Holden - any of them could easily be in starting five on a given day.
                              Anyway,for the three quarters game was close enough to enjoy until Gordon and Siska took matters in their own hands.For me it is still early into the season to make decisions about teams potential,but i bet that Vainauskas is itching already.And what happened to Jomantas - clearly 1,5 minutes isnt sufficient for the player of his calibre.
                              well, I did like some things about Rytas in this match - they are defending the paint well and Valanciuans is swatting shots at will, which is very promising to see However the shooters are still way off with their jumpshots, and with CSKA making 50 % of their 3 pointers attempted it was always gonna be a blowout. In other words, this team has potential, it maybe just need a better coach and approach to maximize it's full potential. Vainauskas may very well be preparing a new coaching job for yet another poor fella it seems

Comment

I don,t know about LR fans, but for me Anzulovic can evoke only annoyance. When he made a cowardly escape from Perm i understood for myself that as a man he full of crap. This inadequate idiot can blow up a good atmosphere inside any team. Look, Jomantas who is without doubts a strong all-around player and can help his team in many ways,played just 2 minutes. I,m actually doubt that Arturas was injured. Without questions we can see Anzulovic factor here. And else. Where did he found Nagla?! Unique piece of wood...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information