X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
    meaning?
    any articles you know of?
    There was many rumors about that. You know that Russian league crushed.
    I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
      There was many rumors about that. You know that Russian league crushed.
      And?
      there is a new league,with lithuanian in charge-Rutkauskas i think,there was recently his big interview,and i read some feedback in sport express ru of why it was such a bad idea to have him,but i far as i know there is nothing related to VTB and a new russian league.All the teams previously in the league had signed for new russian league,apart from one due to finances.Now to make all that noise for 3 teams in VTB is like saying that Zalgiris and lrytas are sacrificing LKL just because they play in BBl.Nonsense.The person is misinformed to say the least
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

And?
        there is a new league,with lithuanian in charge-Rutkauskas i think,there was recently his big interview,and i read some feedback in sport express ru of why it was such a bad idea to have him,but i far as i know there is nothing related to VTB and a new russian league.All the teams previously in the league had signed for new russian league,apart from one due to finances.Now to make all that noise for 3 teams in VTB is like saying that Zalgiris and lrytas are sacrificing LKL just because they play in BBl.Nonsense.The person is misinformed to say the least
        As i heard, Sergey Ivanov offers 7 russian teams(it just means that Krasnie Krilya, Enisey and new comer Nizniy Novgorod will be smoke bamboo in this situation),Zalgiris and LR (and it means that Neptunas, Siauliai,Sacalai and other lithuanian clubs eventually will play in their own league WITHOUT two MAJOR grants of lithuanian basketball, and lithuanian kids will be definitely STAGNATED),one latvian team (for example VEF),one ukranian club (Budivelnik)and most probably one belorussian club...
        Well, do you like this system of tournament? I don,t really...

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
          As i heard, Sergey Ivanov offers 7 russian teams(it just means that Krasnie Krilya, Enisey and new comer Nizniy Novgorod will be smoke bamboo in this situation),Zalgiris and LR (and it means that Neptunas, Siauliai,Sacalai and other lithuanian clubs eventually will play in their own league WITHOUT two MAJOR grants of lithuanian basketball, and lithuanian kids will be definitely STAGNATED),one latvian team (for example VEF),one ukranian club (Budivelnik)and most probably one belorussian club...
          Well, do you like this system of tournament? I don,t really...
          what?
          Are you drinking more than me?
          Absolutely no sense in your post.
          Sober up man.Although i do post most of the time here drunk too.But then again,i probably know more about basketball than you ,me being blind drunk and paralytic.
          lucky me

Comment

what?
            Are you drinking more than me?
            Absolutely no sense in your post.
            Sober up man.Although i do post most of the time here drunk too.But then again,i probably know more about basketball than you ,me being blind drunk and paralytic.
            lucky me
            My dear friend,something disturbs you in my post? Explain me please. Or you don,t believe that in one beautiful day VTB League eventually will REPLACE russian and lithuanian national leagues? We,ll see actually...

Comment

My dear friend,something disturbs you in my post? Explain me please. Or you don,t believe that in one beautiful day VTB League eventually will REPLACE russian and lithuanian national leagues? We,ll see actually...
              Well my friend,it does disturb me if i think you can drink more than me,it does...
              other than that
              you represent nation of 300 millions against our 3 mil.With all your moneys it is me who should be worried.Yet...
              If you want to get personal,hit me with your tel number in private,we can discuss everything in my perfect russian that i speak

Comment

Well my friend,it does disturb me if i think you can drink more than me,it does...
                other than that
                you represent nation of 300 millions against our 3 mil.With all your moneys it is me who should be worried.Yet...
                If you want to get personal,hit me with your tel number in private,we can discuss everything in my perfect russian that i speak
                Don,t pretend cleveler than you really are...
                What the d..k you mention the population of countries in this post? I don,t want to unite our leagues NO LESS THAN YOU. Believe me. I don,t want TO KEEP your grandees AT OUR EXPENSE. This picture we can see in VTB League now. Better to spend these money on the development of basketball in different regions of Russia.

Comment

VTB will never replace lithuanian league , because they have EL place.
                  + i dont see anything wrond if all russian clubs will play in VTB , its something more interesting then play 5-6 matches in their own league. Theres huge hole between 2-3 EL teams and for example others.
                  Its normal to make one big tournament instead of old and stupid "own" leagues , look @ adriatic league .
                  Its useless for big clubs to play in their domestic leagues, for example VEF will play with "second" roster in Latvian league , only from PO they will have full roster , same with both lithuanian teams in Baltic league.

Comment

Originally posted by archaz View Post
                    VTB will never replace lithuanian league , because they have EL place.
                    + i dont see anything wrond if all russian clubs will play in VTB , its something more interesting then play 5-6 matches in their own league. Theres huge hole between 2-3 EL teams and for example others.
                    Its normal to make one big tournament instead of old and stupid "own" leagues , look @ adriatic league .
                    Its useless for big clubs to play in their domestic leagues, for example VEF will play with "second" roster in Latvian league , only from PO they will have full roster , same with both lithuanian teams in Baltic league.
                    Imho, PRIORITY should always be your DOMESTIC league. I,m still waiting when our domestic league eventually will have no less than 14 clubs. It,s not a utopia,because a such huge country like Russia should have such a number of clubs. As for VTB League, let,s leave it for NOSTALGIC MEETINGS. I suppose this will be enough.

Comment

Its utopia , because Russia dont have enough Russian players, first of all look @ your NT , theres no reserves , theres no "second" team , imho. Thats why you r playing 10 years with "russian" in team.
                      If you want big league , such as ACB or something like that , u need some amount of good domestic players, who will be "kostyak" of all teams , in Russia theres 10 players , then comes big hole and comes again 10 players who are 10 times weaker then first.
                      Ofc , theres other side, u can do this things like in Germany , 10 americans + from Serbia and one german, but thats not what did u mean.
                      And ofc. you know better what's happening with sport in regions , always big problems with money, look @ your football league , when season starts everyone speaks about money problems , not sporting side. Tom , Samara etc.
                      Latvia, Lithuania , Poland + Ukraine / Russian need each other. Russia has big money, but have only 4-5 teams in league , with money from Russia ( like in KHL ) we can give atleast 5 more good teams.

Comment

Don,t pretend cleveler than you really are...
                        What the d..k you mention the population of countries in this post? I don,t want to unite our leagues NO LESS THAN YOU. Believe me. I don,t want TO KEEP your grandees AT OUR EXPENSE. This picture we can see in VTB League now. Better to spend these money on the development of basketball in different regions of Russia.
                        What a brilliant post.Riddled with mistakes in grammar and logic .And overuse of CAPS.Do not worry though.I am not going to bother you again

Comment

Originally posted by archaz View Post
                          Its utopia , because Russia dont have enough Russian players, first of all look @ your NT , theres no reserves , theres no "second" team , imho. Thats why you r playing 10 years with "russian" in team.
                          If you want big league , such as ACB or something like that , u need some amount of good domestic players, who will be "kostyak" of all teams , in Russia theres 10 players , then comes big hole and comes again 10 players who are 10 times weaker then first.
                          Ofc , theres other side, u can do this things like in Germany , 10 americans + from Serbia and one german, but thats not what did u mean.
                          And ofc. you know better what's happening with sport in regions , always big problems with money, look @ your football league , when season starts everyone speaks about money problems , not sporting side. Tom , Samara etc.
                          Latvia, Lithuania , Poland + Ukraine / Russian need each other. Russia has big money, but have only 4-5 teams in league , with money from Russia ( like in KHL ) we can give atleast 5 more good teams.
                          I,m sorry man, but i don,t agree with you when you compare (EVEN POTENTIALLY) KHL and VTB League because:
                          1) KHL POSITIONING themselves as the best hockey league in europe and moreover, KHL is already a real alternative to the NHL. At least if we talk about hockey players salaries. But how,s going to positioning itself VTB League i can only guess, especially considering that VTB League has such authority rivals as the current euroleague and ACB.
                          2) It,s no secret that in Russia hockey more than a game, but unfortunately we can,t say the same about basketball. Seems like not the best advertisement for potential sponsors, for long term investments. Such is the harsh reality...
                          3) Attendance at the arenas. In KHL attendance is almost 100%, but if say truth about basketball, need to admit, that most probably only BC Zalgiris Kaunas can gather full arenas. Believe me.
                          4) In KHL struggling for Gagarin Cup, so for me quite curious for what will be competing in VTB League? Maybe for 3-4 spots in the EL? An who gives a guarantee, that our richest clubs eventually don,t win all first 4 spots in EL? And what would be afterwards with Lithuania? In fact, nothing good. For their both giants it will be more than a tragedy.
                          So imho, it,s quite doubtful compare KHL and VTB League, at least now. Anyway, i sincerely believe that the current system of the tournament IS OPTIMAL. But if once director and GM,s of VTB League invite Partizan, Cibona, Olimpija and Maccabi i,ll be only glad.

Comment

overall agree , but i didnt mean , that VTB will be on same level with KHL.
                            I meant that , from political side we can make big league for east Europe and it will work perfectly , i didnt want to compare both leagues from salary point or attendence. Its useless.
                            But KHL is great project and VTB will be same , because we need each other.
                            Theres no secret that in Baltics we have good level , but we dont have enough money , in Russia everything is different , for example , we didnt have hockey team in Riga , now , after money from Russia ( Dinamo budget is about 10 million ) and 70-80% comes from Russia , we have big team in big league and thats why we have big attendence , same will be in basketball , 3 years ago , when Barons had good team , attendence was about 7-8k , in that year they won Fiba Cup.
                            Its not right to compare them from sporting side , but from organisation / agiotage arond league . In Latvia its huge , everyone is expecting to see Euroleague top-team in Riga, we are hungry.

About slots , i dont see problems why EL cant give us about 4-5 places in Euroleague , i think theres no doubt that VTB League will instead of Russian league , Latvian etc. VEF Riga already will play only from PO in domestic league , its only start .
                            About other teams, Valters said , that Maccabi already wanted to play in VTB this year , but VTB rejected them , because they want only east European teams.

Comment

In VTB insterested many European teams but the biggest thing there is a money and strong opponents. In Lithuania, we're not looking at VTB as top league where we must win - VTB it's like good place to develop our players. For example, Lietuvos Rytas next year gonna have 14 players on their roster because they'll play in LKL, VTB, BBL (from PO) and Euroleague - the main thing is training against strong opponents. Our team youngsters will play in domestic leaague (LKL) and will get some time in VTB, but we have priorities - do as much better as we can in Euroleague and win LKL. By all meanings, it's good for our teams and no one is looking seriously at VTB. By the way, the only thing we don't like is because this tournament kinda "Ex-Soviet" type and believe me, how it looked when final four was in Kaunas Sports Hall where Žalgiris and CSKA played their legendary games and etc., the biggest guys from Russia talked in Russian language - everyone felt like it was that old old times, like we're in Soviet. So, that's the bad thing. Also I want to say that Jonas Vainauskas (Rytas GM) said that he asked to make English as a main tournament language because of the last thing (and as he said, it will as he asked).

And for the end, VTB will never replace domestic leagues, it's just opportunity to develop our basketball teams even more. I hope Šiauliai may join VTB in future too.
                              I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                                In VTB insterested many European teams but the biggest thing there is a money and strong opponents. In Lithuania, we're not looking at VTB as top league where we must win - VTB it's like good place to develop our players. For example, Lietuvos Rytas next year gonna have 14 players on their roster because they'll play in LKL, VTB, BBL (from PO) and Euroleague - the main thing is training against strong opponents. Our team youngsters will play in domestic leaague (LKL) and will get some time in VTB, but we have priorities - do as much better as we can in Euroleague and win LKL. By all meanings, it's good for our teams and no one is looking seriously at VTB. By the way, the only thing we don't like is because this tournament kinda "Ex-Soviet" type and believe me, how it looked when final four was in Kaunas Sports Hall where Žalgiris and CSKA played their legendary games and etc., the biggest guys from Russia talked in Russian language - everyone felt like it was that old old times, like we're in Soviet. So, that's the bad thing. Also I want to say that Jonas Vainauskas (Rytas GM) said that he asked to make English as a main tournament language because of the last thing (and as he said, it will as he asked).

And for the end, VTB will never replace domestic leagues, it's just opportunity to develop our basketball teams even more. I hope Å iauliai may join VTB in future too.
                                I agree with you and i really hope that VTB League will never replace our domestic leagues. Moreover, for me would be more interesting to see junior tournament where we could see young guys from CSKA, Zalgiris, BC Khimki, LR, Partizan, Cibona, Budivelnik, VEF, Olimpija. Here at least we could see the INTRIGUE...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information