Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NLB Adriatic League 2010/2011

Of course things goes on both sides, I am not that naive to believe in ultimate innocence of Olimpija's players For example I am surprised on few recent games by the ammount of low hits Ožbolt is sharing against his opponents and Jagodnik... well, you've seen him in Hemofarm for the last few seasons.
    but that's not the point.

Elaj didn't make that quote up. It was also published here within majority of the media, which you can imagine, what kind of an outrage it provoked with the people within the club, within some of the Olimpija/NLB league sponsors, basketball journalists, fans or general public. I won't argue if it's true or not (I wasn't there to hear it), but in case it is, those referees have to be sanctioned as strictly as possible. Not trying to take anything away from Partizan by saying that, there are very few clubs I respect as much as I respect Partizan.
    Sanctions are up to Lisac, Radić and Lorbek, I guess... but I kind of doubt anything will happen here.

There also shouldn't be any excuses about the abandoning the "new Olimpija project" due to all this. Olimpija is all about supporters and even if it would collapse one year ago, it would still be more of an basketball clubs than 90% of them out there as a fan of a club with devoted supporters that love their club and basketball I know you share the same feeling for Partizan
    Issues with Olimpija are elsewhere...

I wish Partizan fans would understand that all this anger isn't towards Partizan, but towards Dožai (and his alikes) and the management of the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

SunOverHStreet

2011. Adriatic league finals between Olimpija and Partizan.

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Of course things goes on both sides, I am not that naive to believe in ultimate innocence of Olimpija's players For example I am surprised on few recent games by the ammount of low hits Ožbolt is sharing against his opponents and Jagodnik... well, you've seen him in Hemofarm for the last few seasons.
    but that's not the point.
    Jagodnik is another story and I deliberately didn't want to mention him, but Ožbolt was indeed a surprise...
    Elaj didn't make that quote up. It was also published here within majority of the media, which you can imagine, what kind of an outrage it provoked with the people within the club, within some of the Olimpija/NLB league sponsors, basketball journalists, fans or general public. I won't argue if it's true or not (I wasn't there to hear it), but in case it is, those referees have to be sanctioned as strictly as possible. Not trying to take anything away from Partizan by saying that, there are very few clubs I respect as much as I respect Partizan.
    You should be honest to yourselves. Hole city, sponsors, supporters, Janković, had high expectations and didn't even thought about possibility of losing the finals. That's the biggest problem. For the first time in God knows how many years, Olimpija manged to build respectable roster and to have successful European campaign. Not to mention that they never won Adriatic league(in it's current format) and this was the best opportunity for it, and also to justify the money invested. This is why this defeat hurts so much and I kinda sympathize with Olimpija's supporters, but some things are getting out of proportion. The story of Dožaj saying to Gist that he shouldn't worry is really out of this world. No body's that stupid!
    I posted entire game here, so everybody will be able to see and judge by themselves. BTW, I have huge respect for your opinions and your way of thinking, but here I will have to disagree with you. If you have so much doubts about the game, it indirectly means that 'you', especially your medias, are trying to take this victory away from Partizan...
    There also shouldn't be any excuses about the abandoning the "new Olimpija project" due to all this. Olimpija is all about supporters and even if it would collapse one year ago...
    I'm aware of this, but as you can witness, Zvezda is in such situation and I'm pretty sure Zvezda's supporters would rather see it fighting for some trophy than see it just existing... I hope you understand what I mean.
    And of course that I'm aware how much Olimpija is loved and followed in Ljubljana and that no one there would let it extinct and fade away.
    I wish Partizan fans would understand that all this anger isn't towards Partizan, but towards Dožai (and his alikes) and the management of the league.
    This league is desperate need for ownership restructuring, for fresh faces and new ideas. This league is turning into clone of Euroleague, but with it's bad things emphasized the most... Refereeing being one of the greatest problems.
    Also, Serbian clubs deserve bigger respect and bigger stake in it's management than they have ATM. Having F4 for the fourth time in Ljubljana is just one of the examples of it's one-sidedness...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314